Status: Just Beginning

I Can't Tell You I Love You

Chapter Two

I sighed after I closed it and went back up to my room. “Wow.” I said quietly. I ran over and turned on my radio. I listened to song after song, I was dancing around my room and singing when I heard the front door slam open. I froze in place. I couldn’t move. I hurried and shut off the music, turned off the lights and tried to not make any noise, I just listened. “Tamara! Get your lazy a*s down here!” An angry, drunken voice screamed up to me. I sat down and huddled into a ball. Silently I sat there and cried while she continued to scream up to me, “I know you’re up there! Don’t act like your not! I have half of a mind to send you back to the f*cking orphanage!” she shouted, pounding on my door. Soon enough I heard a loud thump and everything was quiet. I went downstairs and slowly, quietly, opened my door. There was Sheena lying on the floor. She just passed out from to much alcohol or drugs. Whatever, I thought to myself. I hurried up stairs and grabbed my I pod nano and cell phone and left the house. I locked my bedroom door before I left, of course.

I sat on a bench in the park down the street from my house. Where to go now? I asked myself. Right then my phone vibrated and I heard, “Maybe its true, that I can’t live without you. And maybe two, is better then one.” I hurried and answered my phone. It said from ‘unknown.’ “Hello?” I spoke into the phone. “Oh. Hey. This is Tara, right?” A guy asked. “Yeah.” I said, a little hesitant. “It’s Kirk.” he said quickly. “Oh. Hi. Um, what’s wrong?” I asked him. Why was he calling me already? “Nothing. Nothing. I just called to let you know I just got home and everything, didn’t want you to worry about me or anything.” he replied, casually. “OK. Thanks. I guess.” I sighed and sniffled, I’ve been crying this whole time. “What’s wrong with you?” he asked me, sounding concerned. “N-Nothing.” I said, I was crying now. “I know you’re crying, Tara. Don’t lie to me.” he said. I smiled through the tears. He acts like he cares, ha. He doesn’t even really know me, he doesn’t care. I said to myself. “Sheena’s home.” I told him. I could hear him moving around. “Where are you? At your house?” he asked. “No. I’m at the park down the street from my house.” I replied. “Well I’m coming to get you. Stay there. OK?” He told me. “OK.” I said and hung up. I sat there and cried, waiting for him to come get me.

About fifteen minutes later, a car pulled up in front of me. It was a nice, black convertible. Kirk got out and walked over to me. “Hey, Tara.” He said, smiling. “Long time no see, huh?” He joked with me. I chuckled but nothing much came out. I looked at his arm and saw that someone definitely checked it out and fixed it up with a new bandage. I just stood up and he did something that would’ve made me faint normally. He wrapped his arms around me and just hugged me. He didn’t say anything else. Just held me then put his good arm around me and walked me to the car. He let me in the passenger side and go into the driver’s and we drove to the nice part of town, where the rich, stuck up, snobs live. We pulled into a large driveway that had two other nice cars, a blue jeep and a red mustang.

His house was...big. Huge, actually. It was beautiful, too. I walked up the stone path and onto the porch. He opened the door and led me in. There was a big room with a grand staircase in it. On my right was a living room which was white and had a big screen tv. On my left there was a dining room which was white but had a wooden table. I took in everything. It smelled like roses. I thought. “Your house is amazing!” I said to him. He nodded and walked into the dining room. A few seconds later he came back and said, “You coming?” and I followed him into a gigantic kitchen. I can’t believe this place! Its like he’s rich or something! “Are you rich?” I asked him. He stopped looking in the fridge and turned around. “My aunt and uncle are. I’m not, I just live with them, my cousin is my trainer.” he informed me. I thought about this as I sat at the island in a bar stool type seat.

So he’s rich. Well no, his uncle and aunt are rich, but he still lives with rich people. Do I have a chance with him? Barely. But it seems like he likes me. Maybe I’m just a charity case to him. It doesn’t seem like that, though. I don’t really know him and yet I feel so close to him. And if he was really like those snobs then he wouldn’t have came to get me and help me. So what do I do now?

“If you want you can stay the night. My aunt and uncle are out on business. They won’t be home for another month. So I got this place to myself.” he told me. So he is like them stupid, rich boys? All he wants me for is my body. “I’m not some wh*re!” I shouted at him. What can I say I was angry! “What? No! I don’t mean stay over like that. I mean just sleep in a guest room or something. Would you rather go back to Sheena’s house?” he asked me. I shook my head no. “Of course you wouldn’t. So you’re going to stay?” he asked again. I don’t see any harm in spending one night here. He did say it wasn’t going to be like that. Maybe it wont be that bad. Should I? “Yes. I am. But what about school tomorrow? I don’t have any clothes or stuff for it.” I informed him. He nodded his head and walked out of the room, I followed him. We went upstairs and he knocked on a pink door with the words, Paige’s Room. On it. “Paige! Open up! It’s Kirk!” he shouted through the door. So enough, it opened and a girl who looked probably one year older was standing there. “Yeah?” she asked Kirk. “My friend Tamara is staying over tonight. She needs some pajamas and clothes for school tomorrow. Can she borrow something?” he asked her. She nodded her head and smiled at me. “Spending the night? Then is she really gonna need pajamas?” the girl asked him. “Ha. Ha. Ha. Very funny, Paige. We’re not doing anything. She just can’t stay at her house tonight.” he said to her. She pulled me into her room and started pulling out clothes.

“Thanks, Paige!” I said happily to her before going back downstairs. “Where am I sleeping?” I asked Kirk who was watching a movie on TV. “In the guest room next door to my room. I’ll show you it. Come on.” he told me. He led me back upstairs to a nice white and gray bedroom. “Thanks so much Kirk. I don’t know what I’d do without you.” I told him. He smiled and nodded. “It’s nothing, really. I know when I needed help you helped me so now I’m helping you.” he replied. I knew he didn’t really like me! This is just his way of paying me back after helping him! I knew it was to good to be true - a handsome boy like him that lives with the rich people liked an ugly girl like me who lives in such a horrible place and isn’t even close to being rich. “So you did this just to pay me back? For helping you?” I asked him, sounding hurt. Which I was. “No! Of course not! I would’ve helped you even if you didn’t help me. I was just saying that I knew you’d help me and even if you wouldn’t help me I’d still help you.” he told me. How can I tell if he’s lying or not? It is so hard to see past his amazing good looks, I get distracted so I can’t pay attention to what’s going on. I’m just going to forget about everything and just focus on finding right from wrong and seeing what kind of person he is. I can’t fall for him. I’m just going to get hurt in the end and so is he. I can’t do that again. I told myself this repeatedly but somehow I always ended up forgetting it once I looked into his eyes. “What do you want for dinner?” he questioned me. I shrugged. Shenna never asked me what I wanted for dinner. “How about I just make some burgers and fries?” he asked. I nodded. “Sounds good to me.” I replied. “OK. Here. Watch whatever you want.” he told me, handing me the remote. I sat back and changed the channel.