Status: Complete and edited

Love Will Keep You Up All Night

27

While Sidney waited for Taylor’s bus to arrive, he sat in the parking lot and decided that he was going to ask her now instead of before he left. He couldn’t wait to ask her and he couldn’t stop smiling. Taylor had asked him what was wrong and he told her nothing, that he wanted to talk to her before going to her house. Big mistake, he saw the slight fall in her face and he could almost hear the gears turning in her head as she tried to figure out what she did wrong or why he needed to talk to her. It wasn’t until they hit the main road when she started crying. At first he was confused and then he realized she thought he was going to break up with her. He grabbed her hand and squeezed.

“Taylor, whatever you are thinking stop. I’m not breaking up with you.” He smiled to show her he meant it.

“Then why do we need to talk? Are you going to tell me that you were lying earlier today about the girl? Are you just saying that you’re not going to break up with me so I’ll stop crying and make it easier on you and break up with you?” She snapped

He could feel different emotions all at once. Hurt. Sorrow. Anger. He focused on the hurt. “Taylor, I’m not lying about anything. The girl or breaking up with you.” He took a deep breath. Should he just say it now or wait until they got to the park that Mandy pointed out? He decided to wait to tell her what he really wanted to say. Instead he said, “All I really want to do is talk to you. I just didn’t want to do it front of all the guys and your parents. I just wanted it to be between the two of us. I promise it’s nothing bad.” He kissed her hand.

“So you’re not going to break up with me?” she asked in a small voice.

“No, I could never do that to you. Taylor you make me so happy. I love spending time with you when we can. The time that we do get to spend together is the best times of my life.” He took another deep breath and pulled into the parking lot. He shut off the engine and turned to Taylor. He was going to tell her…

****
Sidney was trying to convince me that he wasn’t going to break up with me. He was telling me all the reasons why he could never break up with me. Then he just paused and looked at me. I wasn’t planning on touching him right now because I still didn’t believe him, but the look that was on his face was almost heart breaking. I reached over and touched his cheek.

“Sidney, what is it?” I asked softly.

“I-I love you Taylor.”

I gasped and felt tears burning my eyes. I continued to brush his cheek and just let what he said sink in.

“Taylor please say something?” He begged.

I still didn’t say anything, I just leaned forward and kissed him. When we pulled away I placed my forehead on his. “Sidney, I love you too.” I whispered. He smiled and kissed me again.

“There is something else I want to talk to you about.” He said

“Um okay.”

“Chill it’s good.” He took both of my hands in his. “Taylor, I still want you to come up and visit this summer, but I don’t want you to stay with your grandparents.”

“That’s the only way I’ll be able to do this-“

“Let me finish.” He said cutting me off. “Remember the fight we got into this morning?”

“Yeah, you bought an apartment…” I paused realizing what I said. I gasped and looked at Sid who was nodding.

“I want you to stay with me in Pittsburgh, Taylor. We won’t get to see much of each other once you go to school, so I thought we could get as much together time in during the summer. The guys will love to have you there all the time.”

“Yes.”

“What?”

I laughed. “Yes I will stay with you. I just have to ask my parents. That’s not going to be easy though.” I sighed

“I’ll talk to them for you.” He kissed me. “I really do love you Tay. I want this relationship work. I’m thinking we can use this summer as a major test for it. If we can handle living with each other for a couple of months, then I think this could last.”

“I believe you are right, sir.” I said

“Let’s go to your house now, they are all probably wondering where we are.” He chuckled. “Well except for Flower, he knows.”

“I’m sorry for jumping to conclusions about the situation earlier today. I should have believed you in the first place.” I said after a few minutes of silence.

“It’s okay, I should have called you and told you that I was thinking about moving out of Mario’s place, but I just wanted to surprise you.”

“Well you did, and I would love to accept your invitation to stay with you during the summer.” I smiled

“I’m glad.”

We pulled into the driveway and got out. Sidney grabbed my bat bag and I grabbed my trophy. Before we got in the house I stopped and kissed Sidney the way I wanted to in the car.

“I hope you have a plan for telling my parents.” I said as we walked to the door

“Um, no but I’ll think of something.” Sidney

When we walked in all the guys were all sitting on the couch talking to my parents and sister. I looked over at Marc who raised his eyebrows in question, I smiled and nodded and he smiled back. He knew what was going on.

“So where did you two go to eat?” My dad asked

“Um , actually we decided not to go eat. We stopped at the park and walked around.” I said

“Oh, so then do you want to order some pizzas?”

“That would be great.”

While dad ordered the pizzas I jumped in the shower. I was still in shock from what Sidney told me, he loved me. I could feel my face break out into a huge smile, Sidney and I loved each other and he asked me to stay with him during the summer. I just hoped that mom and dad would said yes, which they wouldn't because they probably don’t trust me enough to live with him.

When I got out of the shower the noise level seemed to have risen since I was gone. When I walked out into the living room I realized that they were playing Wii and Mandy was kicking Jordan’s butt in bowling. I laughed as I went and sat on the couch, looking around I noticed that both my parents were missing and so was Sidney. I began to panic just a little bit because that meant he was talking to them about this summer. Marc noticed that I was I was freaking out a little bit.

“Yes, he went to talk to your parents.” He said with a smile. “So he told you everything huh?”

“Yes he told me why he bought the apartment and why he hasn’t been talking to me.” I smiled and looked at Marc. “And he told me that he loves me.”

“Finally,” he laughed. “I was wondering when he was going to tell you. We all already knew, but we wanted you to know. How do you feel about him?”

“Do you even have to ask?” I laughed. He just smiled and nodded. I rolled my eyes. “I love him.”

“I know, I was just waiting for you to admit it.”

There was a knock on the glass door, so I got up to see who it was. To my surprise Anna was standing there.

“Hey, what are you doing here?” I asked with a smile

“I heard that you guys won and that you were named MVP, so I’d thought I’d come over to celebrate with you.” She looked around at all the guys and smiled/cringed. “I see you are having a party. Can I join?”

“You know you don’t have to ask.” I said. “Please be nice though, they are my friends too.” I laughed knowing that she was going to play nice because we were best friends. Also because she actually liked this group of Penguins players, including my boyfriend. I walked into the living room with Anna following me. “Hey guys, I want to introduce you to my best friend. This is Anna and Anna these are the guys. I don’t think I really need to introduce them to you.” I chuckled and she shook her head and took the open spot between Kris and Evgeni. I watched from my spot on the couch as she started talking to them. Throughout the conversation I would catch Geno staring at Anna and Anna would occationally glance at him. I smiled to myself, there was something there between them.

Finally after about fifteen minutes Sidney walked back into the house, alone. My mom and dad were still out on the porch and it made me nervous.

I was talking to Anna when Sidney found me sitting in my favorite spot on the couch. “Hey Anna,” Sidney said sitting next to me. “How are you?”

“I’m good, how are you Sidney?” she asked

“I’m good.” He leaned down and kissed my temple and whisper in my ear. “They’re thinking about it. They weren’t so fond of the idea at first but I talked to them.”

I sighed. “I figured something like that was going to happen. I’m going to tell you now, don’t be surprised if it’s a no.”

“Well if it is you’ll just have to visit me whenever you come up to Pennsylvania.”

“Yeah, so how long are you guys staying here?” I asked, trying to avoid heartbreak when I got told no.

"Until Monday. That way we can hang out all weekend.”

“Yay.” I kissed him. It was supposed to be a quick kiss, but he cupped my cheek and deepened the kiss a bit. I was faintly aware of the gagging noises coming from around us and the kiss was broken when Mandy threw a pillow at us and she told us to get a room. Everyone laughed as we blushed, I also noticed that Jordan gave Mandy a huge, lingering hug. What was up with that?

“Food’s here.” My dad yelled as he walk in carrying six pizzas and mom was following him with three two litters of soda.

“Anna we go pizza, would you like some?” I asked as I got up.

“Yes please.” I grabbed my pizza and then put a slice onto a plate for Anna.

“Is that for Anna?” Geno asked coming up next to me.

“Yeah it is.”

“I take to her.” He smiled.

Huh, seems that I was right about the something between them. It seemed to me that Anna actually had something for a Penguins player. The thought of her with one of them made me laugh. A pair of hands wrapped around my waist.

“What are you laughing about?” Sidney asked’

“I think Geno might have a thing for Anna, and I was just thinking that it would be funny if they started dating because he’s a Penguin and she’s a Caps fan.” I laughed

“I think he might have a thing for her too.” He said grabbing a plate and some pizza.
“Well they do look cute together.”

“Yes they do. Come on let’s go sit with them.”

I took his hand and lead him to my new friends. I really could get use to being around these guys. I thought to myself as the group of us laughed at a story Max was telling us about a road trip. I also could get use to being in Sid's arms and that's where I was right now. Sitting on the couch with Sidney's arm wrapped around my shoulder, tucking me into his side.

“What’s up with Staal and Mandy”? Anna asked after we all finished eating.

I gave her a confused look and looked over at my sister and the blond hockey player. Sure enough, Jordan was whispering something in Mandy’s ear causing her to laugh. “I don’t know, they’ve been talking since he got here. I just hope it’s nothing.”

“They’ve been like that since we got to your house.” Sidney said

“Well like I said, I’m not worried about it. Nothing could happen between them.” Just then the back door opened and out of the corner of my eye I noticed Mandy jump a little and move away from Jordan, but just a little bit.

“Taylor, can you please come out here?” My mom said from the sliding glass door.

“Yeah sure, I’ll be out in a second.” I finished my soda and looked at Sidney. “I’ll be right back.” He squeezed my hand before I left.

****
Sidney was talking with Anna and kept glancing at the back door wondering what Taylor’s parents were telling her. Talking with Anna kept his mind from wondering, but then Geno got her attention and Sidney’s mind began to wonder. What if they say no? Will she still be able to visit him in Pittsburgh while she’s at her grandparents house? Maybe he could skip going back home this summer and just stay in the ‘Burgh and visit her? All these questions were driving him nuts. This has never happened to him before, he never planned his summer around a girl before.

“Hey Sid.” Kris said, taking a seat next to Sidney on the couch.

“Hey Kris, enjoying yourself?” He asked, happy for the distraction.

“Yeah, Mandy is a sweetheart and Anna is really cool.” Kris looked at the back door just as Sidney did. “Is Taylor still talking to ‘er mom and dad?”

Sidney sighed. “Yeah. I want to be out there to know what they are saying. If they‘ve given her an answer yet”

“Answer for what?”

Crap, he let it slip. Well he’ll wait until he finds out the answer before he tells anyone else. “Nothing.” Sidney looked at the sliding glass door again and instead of seeing Taylor walking in he saw Jordan and Mandy sitting at the kitchen table…holding hands. “Jordan! Come here for a second.”

Jordan shot him a look but got up anyway. “What’s up?” He asked, standing in front of Sidney.

“I could ask you the same thing. So, what is up with you and Mandy? I thought I told you that she was off limits because she’s only fifteen. You two have been spending a lotof time together tonight and I look over and I see you guys holding hands. Jordan, please don’t do anything stupid like falling for a fifteen year old.”

“Sidney chill, we’re just talking. We have a lot in common and I like talking to her.”

“Okay, so then why were you holding her hand?”

“Um,” Jordan scratched the back of his neck nervously.

“Well?”

“I don’t know, it just sorta happened. She had her hand sitting on the table and it just seemed natural to grab it.”

Sidney groaned. “Jord, no falling for the sister please.”

“Fine.” Jordan walked back into the kitchen and continued to talk to Mandy .

“Do you think he really likes Mandy?” Kris asked when he walked away.

“I don’t know, but I don’t need him to develope feelings for her. Like I said, she’s only fifteen. That’s way too young for someone who is twenty-one.”

“Yeah, that’s illegal in so many ways and it’s not right.” Kris paused as the sliding door opened.

Sidney turned to see Taylor walking in. He got off the couch and walked over to her. She didn’t say anything she just took him by the hand and lead him down the hallway to her room. He looked around and smiled when he saw that the picture that he gave her for her birthday was next to her bed, and the poster was where she could see it all the time. She also had some pictures from the times they’ve spent together. Sidney realized this was the first time he has been in her room.

“So what did they say?” Sidney asked hesitantly. Taylor stood in front of him and didn’t say anything, she just smiled. “They said yes?” he asked

“Yes.” She laughed as Sidney picked her up and kissed her. “Hold on, there were some conditions. I have to visit my family for at least a week and I have to go to Philly whenever my parents and Mandy come to visit. They also said no sharing a bed, but what they don’t know won’t hurt, also no drinking. Um, they want me back by the beginning of August, which means I might miss your birthday.”

“I think I can live with all those. So you’re really staying with me for two and half months?”

“Yes.” She smiled. “I’m excited and scared all at the same time.”

“Don’t worry, this will work. I promise.” He kissed her hard. He was so excited. “Come on lets go tell the guys.”

When Sidney and I told the guys that I was spending the summer in Pittsburgh with Sidney, you would have thought that I told them they were back in the playoffs. Marc gave me a huge hug, Jordan did too and began talking about all the things we would be doing, Geno smiled and gave me a hug telling me that he couldn’t wait. Max was excited too, he kissed my cheek and told me that he was going to teach me French. Kris was quiet, he gave me a hug, but just sat back down. I guess it was going to take some more hanging out with him before he was comfortable with me. I smiled as all the guys talked about all the things we were going to do. Marc couldn’t wait for me to meet his girlfriend Vero and I had to say I was excited to meet her, that way I’d have a female friend in Pittsburgh. I also couldn’t wait to meet the rest of the team and even Mario Lemieux.

Finally around eleven- thirty everyone was getting ready to leave.

“Anna, thanks for coming over.” I smiled.

“You know I’d come over for anything.” She laughed then turned to Sidney, who was standing next to me. “Sidney let me tell you this now. If you hurt my best friend I swear I’ll castrate you and make your life a living hell.” She said with a smile

‘Um, you don’t need to worry about it Anna. I love her, I’m not going to hurt her.” Sidney said pulling me into his side and kissing my forehead.

“What?!” Anna looked at me and I smiled. “Text me later.”

“Fine.” I rolled my eyes. Once she left it was just the guys standing around. As they all left I gave them all hugs and thanked them for coming today. Before Evgeni left, he asked me for Anna’s number and at first I wasn’t going to give it to him because she’d kill me. But then I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to make her mad.

“Thank you.” He said with the biggest smile.

“You’re welcome, Geno. But if she asks how you got it, you stole my phone while I was out of the room.” I laughed

“Okay. Bye Taylor.

“Bye Geno.” I gave him a hug before he left.

“Taylor, what are we doing tomorrow?” Marc asked

I laughed. “Um, I’m not sure. Why don’t you guys come over sometime tomorrow and we’ll decide then.”

“Okay.”

Sidney kissed me and got into the car and waved before driving off. I went back into the house and started getting ready for bed. When I was about to turn off my light there was a knock on my door.

“Come in.” I said

Mandy walked in. “Can we have a sleep over?” She asked sitting on my bed.

“Yeah, go get your pillow.”

Mandy would sometimes sleep with me when we wanted to talk about things or just stay up late. Usually I knew why she or I wanted a sleep over, but tonight I was clueless. “Turn the light off.” I said when she walked in.

Once we got settled, Mandy told me what was on her mind. “Taylor, I like Jordan.” She whispered

“You what?” Please tell me I miss heard her.

“I like Jordan and I think he likes me too.”

I rolled over to face her and leaned on my elbow. “Man, he’s twenty-one it’s never going to work. I know you don’t want to hear that, but it’s illegal for you guys to be together. It is also really weird that you two would like each other and I don’t mean that in a mean way. I mean that in a way that says most twenty-one year olds don't like fifteen year olds. You guys are just going to have to be friends Mandy, sorry.”

“I know, but can you blame me for liking him?” she asked in a small voice. She already knew what I was telling her.

“No I can’t.”

She sighed. “Okay, so enough talk about my feelings for Jordan. What about you and Sidney.”

“What about us?”

“You guys are going to be spending the summer together. How do you feel about that?”

“I’m excited and scared at the same time. Mandy, I love him and I can’t wait to spend all this time with him. But at the same time what if we find things out about each other that we can’t stand and we break up? I don’t want to break up with him.” I sighed

“Well you’re just going to have to see what happens. I don’t think you guys will break up and you need to stop thinking that way, if you do then you’re going to be so caught up in not breaking up that you’re not going to have a good time.”

“Yeah you’re right. Thanks Mandy. So are you going to hang out with me and the guys tomorrow?”

“You know it.” Mandy yawned. “Good night Taylor.”

“Night Mandy.” When I was sure Mandy was asleep I sent Sidney a text.

You might want to talk to Jordan. Mandy just told me that she likes him.

Great, this is bad. I’ll talk to him tomorrow but IDK what to say to him.

Yeah I know what u mean. I told her that they can be friends.

Yeah that’s about it. So I remembered that earlier you said that you were a bit scared about moving in with me. Why?

I sighed, should I tell him? Deciding that lying to him would be a bad idea, I told him.

Because what if we find things out that we don’t like about the other person. Like you know the different things the other person does everyday.

Well I don’t think there are many things that will cause issues because it’s the off season. If it wasn’t then you might go crazy with me. Lol

Lol. So you’re not worried?

Honestly, no. I’m more excited then ever. I can’t wait to get to know you more. If staying with you is going to be like the two nights in MB then I seriously can’t wait.

I smiled as I read that text, he was really into this. I’m excited too. Ok, I’m going to bed now. I’ll see you tomorrow.

Okay, love ya.

Love ya too. =) I like saying that

I like hearing it and saying it. =)

Goodnight Sid

Night Tay.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited