Status: Complete and edited

Love Will Keep You Up All Night

29

That night when the guys got back to the hotel, Sidney stopped Jordan in the lobby.

“Jordan we need to talk.” Sidney said.

“About what?” Jordan said clearly understanding what Sidney was talking about.

Sidney sighed, he knew Jordan was going to be like this. “About you and Amanda.”

“Okay, what about us?” He asked clearly annoyed.

“I’m going to ask you a question and I’d like for you to answer honestly.” He waited for Jordan’s response before continuing. Jordan just nodded and Sidney continued. “Do you like Mandy?”

Jordan sighed and sat down on one of the couches and covered his face. This was not a good reaction. Slowly Jordan looked up at Sidney and nodded.

“Shit Jordan! She’s only fifteen, she’s still a baby. You can’t be having feelings for her.” Sidney sat next to him. “Listen, you are one of my best friends and as much as I love to see you happy, it just can’t be with her. Maybe you should find yourself a girl who’s a bit older.”

“I don’t know, I’m totally thrown off by my feeling for her. I know it’s not right, bit I just don’t know.” Jordan sighed and looked at Sidney. “You know you don’t have much room to be talking about liking someone a bit younger.” He said harshly.

Sidney just ignored the tone of Jordan’s voice and responded. “Yeah you’re right, but at least with Taylor she was turning eighteen in two weeks, not three years later.” Sidney growled.

“You think I don’t know that Sid? I don’t want to like her but I do.”

“Well I can’t help you Jord. Maybe you should go out tonight.”

“Yeah maybe. I’ll see if Max and anybody else wants to go.” Jordan stood up. “I’m guessing you don’t want to go.” Sidney just smiled at his friend and shook his head. “All right, thanks Sid.”

“You’re welcome man. Just rethink this whole thing through, eh?”

“Yeah I will.”

Sidney got off the couch and went up to his room. Marc was on the phone when he walked in, his guess it was Vero. Sidney walked over to his bag and grabbed basketball shorts and a Steelers shirt. After he changed he shot Taylor a text before turning on the TV.

Talked to Jordan he’s going to try and forget Mandy. He likes her but knows its wrong.

*sigh* okay. I feel bad for those two

Yea me 2

We have to find him a girl.

Yeah, he and Max are going out tonight

Oh Lord

Yeah

Sidney put the news on while he waited to see if she was going to respond and he ended up falling asleep.

****
I made sure I got up before the guys got there. I showered, got dressed, and headed into the kitchen for some coffee.

"Well you’re up early.” My mom said.

I stirred the milk into my coffee before answering. “Yeah, well I figured I’d get up before the guys got here.” I laughed.

“They’re coming over today?”

“Yeah, is that a problem? I thought since it was their last day here.”

“Well that’s a very good idea and no it’s not a problem. Your father and I were just planning on going to BJs this afternoon.”

“Well I don’t have to go right?”

Mom was about to answer when the doorbell rang. I jumped up and opened the door. I was tackled by two large bodies, I staggered under the weight but kept laughing.

“Well hello there Marc. Max.” I smiled

“You’re up!” Marc said

“Yes I am. Now move so I can say hi to the rest of the guys and they can come in.” I said hi to everyone and was a bit surprised to see that there was no blond boy standing there. Then I remembered that he went out last night. All the guys shout hello to my mom as they got comfortable on the couch. Sidney walked over to me and gave me a kiss and a hug.
“Where’s Staal?” I asked

Max chuckled. “Staalsy got hammered last night. Had a huge hangover this morning.” He chuckled again. “I have no idea what caused him to drink so much. Well besides losing.” I looked over at Sidney who sighed and looked back at me. The two of us knew why he drank last night, but we weren’t going to tell the guys.

We decided not to go anywhere today, we just hung out at my house playing pool, watching movies, and playing Wii. At one point in the afternoon Mandy got up and asked where Jordan was. Her face fell ever so slightly when she learned that he had a hangover. I growled internally, this situation had to end with them. Hopefully Jordan was going back to Thunder Bay soon, that way he would be even further away from my sister.

That got me thinking, wasn’t Sidney going to want to go see his family? What am I going to do if he decides to go up there? I mean I could probably go down to Philly and stay with my family while he was away, but I really didn’t want to spend the summer with my family. I pushed all those thoughts out of my mind and just focused on spending the day with a group if my friends.

When mom and dad got home all the guys helped bring the groceries in and put them away. I knew that my mom didn’t like having all these guys in her house, but she also was starting to love them. I knew when they left and I left she was going to miss them. Marc was telling me about Vero and how excited she was to meet me, and I told him how excited I was to meet her. Only three more weeks until I go up to Pittsburgh. I graduated in two weeks and the following week I was leaving.

“What are you thinking about?” Sidney whispered in my ear.

“The summer and graduation. The thing I’m not thinking about though is school.” I looked up at him and smiled at him. “I’m done.”

He chuckled at my smile. “So listen, do you want to go out tonight? Just the two of us.” He asked

“Yeah that sounds nice.” I sighed. We haven’t really been out since we started dating. He always had practice or games and then I had my life. There was also the fact that we lived like five hours away from each other.

“So you graduate next Saturday?”

“Mhm. My party will be the following Wednesday.”

“Okay.”

“What are you two whispering about over there?” Kris asked

“My graduation party.” I smiled

“When is it?”

“Wednesday the ninth and you’re all invited.”

“Okay, sweet.”

“Can I bring Vero?” Marc asked quietly.

“Of course! I can meet her sooner.” I smiled

“Thanks Taylor.”

We hung out for about an hour more and then they left. Sidney told me that he’d pick me up at seven. At around six-thirty I started getting ready and the nerves hit me. I didn’t know what to wear and I was slowly running out of time. I had finished straightening my hair when I finally decided on an outfit. A teal baby doll shirt, dark skinny jeans, and black high heeled boots. When I finished getting dressed I put my make-up on and fixed my hair one last time. I looked at the clock and saw that I only had five minutes until Sidney got there and I still had to get my purse together. When the door bell rang I became nervous again.

“Hey,” I smiled when he kissed my cheek

“Hey to you too. You look really nice.” He smiled

“Thanks, you do too.” And he did. He was wearing dark jeans and a grey sweater that hugged his muscles and made my mouth go dry and my heart rate go up. He was beautiful.

“Are you ready to go?”

“Yeah. Mom, dad I’m going. I’ll see you later!” I called

Sidney and I had a really nice dinner at Olive Garden. He told me about the apartment and how excited he was that we were moving in together. Throughout dinner we were getting dirty looks from some of the people around us. Damn Capitals fans and their burning hate for Sidney. I smiled because I was the same way with Ovechkin.

“What are you smiling at?” Sidney asked

“Nothing important.” I said taking a sip of my drink.

“Tell me.”

I sighed and laughed at the same time. “Okay, I’m just looking around and I see some of the looks people are giving us and I know why.’ I smiled at him.

“I don’t get it.”

“They don’t like you because you’re Sidney Crosby and first it made me a bit angry, but then I remembered that I do the same thing to the Caps fans because they have Ovechkin.”

Sidney laughed and grabbed my hand. “You’re amazing, don’t worry about the thing between Alex and I.”

“Ha, this has nothing to do with your rivalry. I just don’t like him.”

“You know we have really never talked about hockey together. I’m curious to hear what you have to say about it.”

“Well what would you like to know? I love hockey.”

“Well I already know who your favorite team is. Do you have any other teams you like?”

“No not really. I’ve grown up with the Penguins.”

“Tell me why you don’t like Ovechkin.”

“He plays dirty and he’s just down right ugly.” Sidney laughed “I just don’t like his style he has, there’s just something about him that bothers me. I also don’t like the Capitals because they are a Washington/Virginia team and I don’t like it here.”

“Then why are you going to school here?”

“Because the colleges here are the only ones I can afford to go to. I would love to go to school up in Pennsylvania or any where else, but I just can’t afford to pay out-of-state. I never likeed living here, but the schools are good and it’s only four more years.” I groaned. Only four more years left of Virginia and then I was gone. Sidney laughed at my reaction to four more years.

He signaled for the check and I looked at the clock, it was about eight o’clock and I didn’t want to go home yet. We decided to go to the movies to kill the time. Half way through the movie I realized that Sidney and the gang were leaving tomorrow morning. I rested my head on Sidney’s shoulder and sighed. He looked down and me and kissed my forehead softly, he knew what I was thinking, It was a little weird that we could already tell what the other person was thinking and we’ve only been together for a little over a month.

Later that night after Sidney dropped me off, I was in my room looking at my closet. I had no idea what I was going to pack. I decided that I would worry about that tomorrow. I went to bed thinking about the summer again and how excited I was to be temporarily moving to Pittsburgh
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited