Living in the shadows

One

*FLASHBACK*
It was a cold night when it happened. I had just seen a movie, in the year of 1965, and I don't even remember the movie. I was on the corner of 5th and 6th Avenue when he came and grabbed me. He drug me into his home, raped then killed me. And I have lived in this house ever since.

I snapped out of my flashback when I heard a car door open then close. You see when I was killed in this house my spirit stayed there. I had haunted the guy who killed me until he went insane and comminted suicide. Well after he died I was trapped in this house. I scared the living day-lights out of some people and while I was here I learned that my spirit could be set free if someone said they loved me. All these years I had been here no one has even tried to talk to me.
When I looked out the window there was a car and an middle aged couple were getting out of the car. I sighed knowing this would not be a chance for me to be set free. I was about to give up all hope until he got out of the car. He was wearing jeans that were tight and a black shirt, his hair was dark black and over his face. I knew right then it was love. If only he could see me. You see they can only see you if they believe there are ghosts. He did look like a guy who believed in ghosts though. A shimmer of hope shined through.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment or I will delete!!!