Mama

Mama We’re All Full Of Lies,

The next day Frankie called Gerard.

“Hey sugar, what’s up?” Gerard asked
“I want you to meet my ‘fiancé’ Jamia!” Frankie excitedly.
“Oh, ok. That sounds cool.”
“She wants to meet up at a restaurant for lunch at 1:00.”

Gerard looked at the clock, it was 12:32.
“Well thanks for calling me so early.” Gerard said sarcastically.
“Your welcome!” Frankie said happily. “You better get ready! I want her to see you at your best!”
“How would you know if I’m not already ready?” Gerard said challenging Frankie.
“Because your Gerard…. Also you yawned when you picked up the phone!”
“Good point!”
“Ok, get ready now!! It’s already 12:33!!” He said as he hung up.
“Ok, I lov-…” Gerard said getting cut off from the dial tone.

38 Minutes Later…

Gerard was showered, shaved, dressed and ready to go as he heard a knock at the door.
He opened it and saw Frankie standing there as cute as always.

“Hello my sweet!” Frankie said as he held Gerard’s hand kissing it.
“You’re a practical ladies man!” Gerard said with a laugh.
“Then you must be my lady!”
“Guess who’s sleeping on the couch tonight?” Gerard said with a sarcastic smirk.
“Oh, you know I make you to hot to do such a thing!” Frankie said with his huge smile. “Come on!! Let’s go! Jamia’s going to be waiting!!!”

They left the room and went into Frankie’s car. As he was driving to the restaurant, he drove over railroad tracks. Gerard shivered at the sight.

“You ok?” Frankie asked worried.
“Yeah, I’m fine. Just bad memories.” Gerard replied.
“Ok…”

When they got there, Gerard saw this cute young woman sitting at a table. She had medium length, black hair, and a huge smile, she reminded him of Frank.

Image

“Hi Frankie!” The girl said getting up giving him a hug and kiss on the cheek.
“Jamia, this is my boy friend Gerard!” Frankie said pulling Gerard over by them.
“Hi Gerard!” She said shaking his hand. “Frankie’s told me a lot about you!”
“Really? All good I hope!” He said with a laugh.
“Of course! Why would I talk bad about you?” Frankie said giving Gerard a kiss on the cheek.
“Awww! I can already see that you two are meant to be!” Jamia said happy for the couple.

They sat down and ordered their food, ready to discuss their plans.

“So Jamia and I are going to get ‘married’” Frankie said to Gerard, gesturing the quotations.
“How come you don’t want anyone to know?” Gerard asked.
“It’s not that I’m ashamed of you or anything…” Frankie explained. “I just would rather not have anyone knowing the truth. They might think differently… like how your mom did.”
“You have a point.” Gerard said with a sigh, from the thought of his mother.
“Is this ok with you Gerard?” Jamia asked worried he mite not like the fact that his lover was marrying someone besides him.
“Of course!” Gerard said. “Don’t worry! I wouldn’t think you and Frank would be doing anything! I’m just a little upset that he can’t tell anyone.”
“Well Gerard, I’m sorry, but I’m just not ready to do that yet.” Frankie said a little upset that Gerard doesn’t understand him. “It’s just that people keep asking why I don’t have a girlfriend yet, and I’m just not prepared to tell anyone yet. It took a while to convince myself with the fact of being with you. Maybe after a while I’ll be able to tell people, just not now.”
“I understand.” Gerard said thinking about his mother and how she treated him after she found out, wishing he never told her.
“So is everyone good with the situation?” Jamia asked, unsure if Gerard was ok with it.
“Yep!” Frankie said with his smile.
“Yeah, I think I am.” Gerard said with a positive attitude.
“Good! Now lets go get ice cream!.” Jamia said with a smile just like Frankie’s.

As they got up to leave Gerard whispered in Frankie’s ear…
“Are you sure she’s not your cousin?”
“I don’t think so.” Frankie said with a laugh.

Image