Status: Complete: Might plan a re-write in the future.

The Sharpest Lives

Lisa's POV

I was scared as we neared the house. Hey all knew who I was, because of Gerard. The house was huge, and darkly decorated. It almost looked like an old church. We were shown to rooms, and I followed Frank inside. He laid down almost immediately, but I couldn’t. I sat on the corner of the bed and stared out the window.

“They know who you were, but they know you changed,” Frank said.

“I know. It’s just strange. I, like, need air or something.” I got off the bed and went for the window.

“You can go walk around outside. Just don’t wander too far. If you go to the main stairway, and go up, there’s a high balcony almost on top of the house.”

“Cool. I need to go think.”

I wandered a bit until I found the stairway. A few people were walking around, but I ignored their glares. I found the balcony and walked out. I sat on the ledge, leaning against a stone statue. I stared out across the treetops, and a few small surrounding towns. Thinking hard about myself, I felt I made a good choice, but I felt guilty, but then I knew I would be better off, because I was with people. I suddenly sensed someone behind me.

“You must be Lisa.”

I turned and saw an older man.

“Yes.”

“Ahh, nice to finally get to meet you. I’m Gerard’s father. I run everything here.”

“Hi,” I said, feeling uneasy.

“There’s no need to feel uneasy. I simply came to welcome you.”

“I thought that since I used to be a slayer-”

“That’s the past,” he said, cutting me off. “I know that you will do well with them. They’re a good group. You do plan on staying with them, right?”

I hung my head. “I don’t know. I’m in a rough spot in my life right now.”

“I assure you, it’ll settle down and get better.”

“I hope so.”

“I’ll let you be alone. If you need anything, come to me.”

I nodded and he walked away. I resumed my staring into the distance, feeling the breeze kick up. Soon enough, I felt someone behind me again. I turned and saw Frank. He was smiling, then he came and sat by me, making me sit in his lap.

“I’ve been thinking,” I said.

“Oh?”

“I may never forgive Gerard for the hell he put me through, but this life doesn’t seem so bad.”

“How so?”

“It’s more relaxing being around people. Less pressure. Plus, someone I love. I’ve focused so much on others and not myself. I kinda want out of that.

“Well you still have to focus on others, but this isn’t work. It’s life.”

“That’s why I like it better.”

“Then why didn’t you want to change?”

“I was scared. Yet I did want to.”

“So you won’t hold grudges?”

“No.”

We sat in silence for a few minutes. Listening the wind blowing, I shivered a bit, causing Frank to hug me closely to him. I turned to face him, smiling.

“Wow. First time I’ve seen you really smile,” he said.

“Frank?”

“Yeah?”

“I love you.” I turned and rested my head on his chest.

*~No POV~*

Gerard stood at the other doorway and watched Frank and Lisa. Something about the scene in front of him, hit him. They loved each other, and Lisa was embracing the change. Things were looking up. The rest of the group joined Gerard and watched.

“I think it’ll all work out,” Gerard said. “Once we get out of here, and into a new city, all will be normal.”

They all agreed and headed back inside. Before heading in himself, Gerard locked eyes with Frank, and read what was on his mind. His face showed it too.

You helped save her life.


The End: Thanks so much for reading and commenting you all! Hope you enjoyed it, sorry it couldn't be longer. I'm officially drained on ideas for this story, so that's why I decided to end it. I love you all for reading, and COMMENTING