Sequel: A Cherry Sunset

A Dawn I Thought We'd Never See

Hang Overs + Sweet Nothings

My head pounded. My eyes were sensitive to the light. My body felt like I’d ran it into a wall a couple hundred times. Yet somehow, Victoria and December were skipping at my sides.

“Where is it we’re going again?” I whined before they both locked arms with me.

“Teh get meh shades ‘efore we go set ‘oppin’ at Warped Tour!” December cheered excitedly.

“And to steal a few poptarts.” Victoria giggled with her while I shook my head.

“Food makes me want to vomit.” I swallowed hard, willing the nausea to go away before I spewed.

“Okay then, we’ll keep the food away from you.” Victoria made a face as she examined mine. “You feeling okay, Em?” She asked worriedly and pressed the back of her hand to my forehead.

“I feel like shit.” I groaned and rested my head on her shoulder. “I feel like I’m dying.”

“Aw, poor Emmeh’s got a ‘angoveh.” December cooed and then jumped as she squealed. “I ‘ave a plan!”

“Please say it includes bringing your voice down to a whisper.” I winced as I rubbed my temples.

“Come on! We’ve got teh get there fasteh ef meh plans goin’ teh work!” She grabbed my hand and pulled me. She half ran, half dragged me, to the bus area and stopped in front of a curiously familiar bus.

“Jesus, you run fast.” Victoria complained as she panted and climbed the bus steps behind us. Now I knew why the bus was familiar.

“Dee!” Matty yelled happily as he jumped up from the couch and went to tackle December to the ground.

“’Ey Matteh,” December greeted as she ducked away from his arms. Matt looked hurt briefly. “Where’s Oleh?” My veins cooled as my body froze and my eyes widened. This plan didn’t sound so good anymore.

“I dunno,” Matty shrugged as he went back to the couch. “In the back somewhere.”

“Kay,” December dismissed him as she started for the back. I heard Victoria’s covered up giggles and turned my head to see her sitting on Lee’s lap, playing patty cake with Matt. “Oleh!” December shouted and I cringed again. My senses were way too sensitive. “Oleh!”

“Wha’?” Oliver’s agitated tone came from the back lounge just as we entered it. He was sitting in between Tom and Jona. His eyes lit up once they connected with mine and he stood up real fast.

“Emileh ‘as a ‘angoveh. Take care of ‘er!” She thrust me forward so I stumbled into him. His chin hit my forehead but his hands gripped my sides to steady me. “Tom, I’m leavin’ yeh in charge teh make sure ‘e does it.” With that she left.

The boys were quiet while the unsettlement I felt at being this close to Oliver mixed with my already nauseated stomach.

“I think I’m gonna be ill.” I covered my mouth and ran to the bathroom. The smell of the bathroom alone would have made me heave.

There was a comforting hand on my back while another pulled my hair away. “Put a warm rag teh ‘er face. It ‘elps stop the ‘eavin’.” That was Tom yelling but he sounded like he was outside the bathroom.

“I know git, but I don’t ‘ave a third ‘and!” Oliver yelled right back at him. He was the one soothing me.

“Then scoot o’er so I can get in an’ ‘elp.” There was more shuffling and grumbles but I closed my eyes, trying to ignore the world around me. The smell was still hitting my nose hard and my abs started to ache from the constant tensing.

Then there was cool pressure on my forehead. It was immediate relief. My entire body relaxed as I pushed myself away from the toilet. Someone was hovering over me and gently pulling my hair. It wasn’t until I was being heaved up that I realized he’d put my hair up.

The toilet flushed and the water ran while arms tightened around me. I opened my eyes to see Tom’s back and then Oliver’s lovely haze orbs staring at me worriedly.

“Yeh alright now?” His eyebrows rose while I nodded. “Not goin’ teh throw up anymore?” I shook my head and he eyes me for a few more seconds before nodding. He untangled his arms from me and led me to lean against eh wall. “I’ll be right back.”

Oliver left just as Tom turned around with a clean washcloth and a sympathetic smile. “That was a lot of guts yeh spilt.” He chuckled and motioned for me to come closer to him.

“It smells rancid in here.” My face scrunched as I clutched the bathroom sink. Tom laughed and pressed the washcloth to my cheeks.

“This place ‘as seen a lot of ‘angovehs.” He shook his head and ran the cloth under water. “Sometimes there’s five goin’ at once.”

“That is so gross.” I groaned as he continued to wipe my face. It mad eme feel like a little kid, but it felt too good to pull away.

“I got clothes an’ pills that Toreh gave meh.” Oliver leaned in the doorway. He had a glass of water in one hand and two brown pills in the other. “An’ she says bye with feel betteh.”

“I’ll leave yeh teh nurture now.” Tom put the washcloth in the sink and pushed past Oliver. I thought I saw him smirking as he left.

“Vee left?” I took the pills from his hand, plopping them in my mouth before I took the water.

“Uh, yeah, ‘er an’ Dee went with Lee an’ Matteh teh get some food.” Oliver answered, looking uneasy as he pulled clothes from off his shoulder.

“What are those for?” I eyed them as I sat the glass on the sink.

“Yeh got a bit of sick on yeh shirt.” He pointed and I looked down to see my own vomit. “An’ I thought yeh’d be more comfortable in shorts.” I looked back up to see him extending the clothes to me.

“Thanks.” I mumbled and took the clothes, making sure not to touch his flesh with mine. We’d done enough of that already. He gave a small nod before taking the glass off the sink and leaving the small bathroom, closing the door behind him.

I changed quickly, trying to escape the disgusting bathroom, but hesitated with my clothes. I finally just left them on the ground, figuring I’d just pick them up before I left, and exited the bathroom. Oliver was waiting for me.

“I set yeh up in ‘ere.” He pulled a curtain on one of the bunks. There were two pillows and a blanket at the end. “’S usually best teh sleep a ‘angoveh away.”

I couldn’t help but smile at the sweet look in his pretty green eyes. “I guess you’re not such an asshole, after all Oli.” He smiled too and this time I laughed. “Thank you, Oliver.” I said the words sincerely as I walked by him to climb into the bunk.

“’S nothin’ Emileh.” He chuckled and pulled the blanket over me once I was in. “Jus’ yell if yeh need anythin’.” His hand sat on my waist a second longer than it should have.

“Will do,” I returned his small smile with my own.

“I’ll be in the back room.” With that, he closed the curtain and I listened to his footsteps walk away.

I shook my head as I turned to face the wall and pulled the covers up to my chin. The bunk smelled surprisingly good and surprisingly clean. It didn’t take long for my headache to lull me to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Emmy
Oliver is precious.
oh, and my ex wanted to blab about how great his life is and how in love he is, and then he wanted to have sex like old times : ) great, isn't it? *groans* I hate his fucking guts for doing to me what he does. It drives me crazy.
xooxEmber