Status: I update about once a week, twice if I get feedback ;) or if I have enough time.

My Parents Are Going To Kill Me, Why Did I Do This?

chapter 25

DEVON’S POV

I glanced down at my phone, it had been a week at the most and I haven’t gotten at least one text from Katie. Was it just that she forgot about me? Or was Byron forcing her not to talk to me after what happened. How was I supposed to know her dad died and she didn’t like being around old father figures? It’s not like she would have told me. I wanted to see Katie, hang out with her, call her, or at the very least text her. Just a word, that would help ease my tension. I already called and texted her several times, but nothing got back.

It was around noon, so I decided to call one more time. I pressed in the number I had memorized, even though I could have done it the easy way and looked through my contacts, and pushed call. The sound of the first beep made me think this was a bad idea. The second beep came along soon after. By the third my finger was about to hit end, but then there was a voice.

Hello?” It was Katie. While being in my own world of going through my excitement, she got impatient. “Hellloooooooo?”

I suddenly snapped out of my joy to answer her, “Katie! Hi.”

Hey Devon. What’s up?”

“Honestly nothing. What about you? And the baby?”

We’re both fine. The doctor said I should never pull a stupid stunt like that again though.” Somehow I just knew she was smiling.

“Katie, are you doing anything today?” I asked hoping the answer would ‘no’.

Nope. I’m just going to be at Byron’s house all day.” She sighed.

“Well, do you want to go do something with me?” I resisted the urge to shout ‘yeah’!

Yeah, that’d be fun, what do you want to do?”

“I was thinking we could go see a movie, then get ice cream afterwards.” I suggested.

Okay, but the doctor told me not to drive.”

“That’s alright; I’ll come pick you up. Hang on; I’ll be over in 10-20 minutes.” We said our goodbyes, and then I shut my phone. I rushed downstairs to grab my keys, and then ran out the door.

I got into my car and drove the long way to Byron’s house to give Katie some time to get ready. I just couldn’t keep my foot from pushing down on the gas pedal. My excitement was bubbling over the top, and I couldn’t keep it within. I’m glad I didn’t drive by any cops. They would have slowed me down.

As I pulled up in front of Byron’s house, I saw one of the blinds open, and then Katie burst out through the door. She hopped in my car and buckled her seatbelt. She looked over and up to me, and smiled. “Hey.”

“Hey.” I replied. “Are you ready?” She nodded.

******

KATIE’S POV

After turning my phone on after about a week, I’ve got to say there have never been so many ‘text intrusions’ and ‘missed calls irritations’ in my life! Especially, since they were all from Devon. What had gotten into him lately? It was rather weird, with him suddenly being into me. In mid thought, I got another call from him. I answered, which might have shocked him since all his other calls weren’t answered.

He said he wanted to hang out, just him and me. Was it just me, or have other people noticed him change too? At that moment, as I was picking out something to wear, I thought about our past relationship with both of us hating each others guts! I don’t even remember clearly now even why we had hated one another. Things were getting pretty strange between us.

When I had finished getting the last knot out of my hair, I saw him pull up. I rushed toward the door and out of it. I looked down for a second while walking down the path that lead to the front door, I could see my toes, but with my belly sticking out it made it hard. At the car door, I lifted the handle, pulled it open, and then got inside the vehicle. I yanked the seatbelt out, over, and around me to click it into place.

I looked up, smiling, “Hey,” I said.

He looked down at me, “Hey. Are you ready?” I nodded in response.

For a smidge of a second, he looked at the road, then back at me. “How’ve you been?”

“Alright, I guess. And you?” I questioned back.

“Eh, okay.” His gaze went back toward the road. There was an awkward silence. I heard the sound of his even breathing, it relaxing me, although I don’t know why I would need to be relaxed. “So, Katie, why haven’t you been answering your phone?”

I paused, suddenly taking in the question word by word. “I don’t know.” I lied, “I’ve just had it off.”

He nodded, like he was saying yes. The truth was, I had been out doing stuff with Byron. We even went to the zoo, I loved the monkeys. I just felt like there was no reason to have my phone on, or even with me. I knew I was going to be with Byron the whole time. Except for today, when I was stuck at his house all alone. Byron had wanted to go hang out with some of his old friends, but didn’t want to leave me and feel guilty. I, not wanting to be the bad guy, told him I would be fine by myself. Actually, the only reason I turned on my phone was because I was bored. I’m glad Devon called, or else I would be stuck at home alone and bored.

“Are there any movies you want to go see?” Devon’s question shook me out of my trance. I thought for a moment, but my mind came up blank. I hadn’t had watched any TV or listened to the radio, so I honestly didn’t know what movies were out.

“Um, I don’t know what’s out.” I admitted, blushing slightly.

“Me either. I guess when we get there; we can choose one that looks good.” He grinned at me. I smiled back. A small kick took place, in order with me wincing. Devon looked at me confused for a second, then mouthing ‘oh’.

We drove into the parking lot for the movie theater. Devon drove around for a while looking for a parking place. Finally when someone was pulling out, another person filled the gap before we even had a chance to react. Devon cursed under his breath, but still enough to where I could hear. After a few minutes or so, we found a place to park, even if it was farter away from the entrance, which means I have to walk far.

My legs were already starting to hurt when we reached the sidewalk. “Ugh,” I moaned. “Why do so many people have to come to the movies on a Saturday?”

We looked at the titles of the movies, and chose one that seemed exciting. Devon went up to pay for the tickets, and obviously the cashier girl was checking him out. I glared at her, when she took notice to me and my bloated stomach, her giggling and hair twirling stopped. She frowned, shoved the tickets at him, then called the on the next person in line leaving Devon clueless.

Still with confusion in his face when he walked back over to me, he tried hiding it. But I knew what he was thinking ‘why did that hot girl who was just flirting with me just shove my tickets in my face and shoo me away?’ I hit his arm; he flinched out of his thoughts probably about the cashier. He linked his arm in mine and we stepped to the concession stand. He bought me a Root Beer and himself a Mountain Dew. Popcorn came along with it, which I drenched in butter. Devon smirked at all the butter on the popcorn and grabbed a lot of napkins. I rolled my eyes at him.

Throughout the movie, that turned out to be a boring chick flick, we kept telling each other how fake the main character’s tears were. “’Oh Ray!’” I mimicked, “’I want to love you, but Todd has sooo….much……money!’” Devon snickered.

“’Casey, I have to tell you. I can’t be with you, because I want to marry my money!’” Devon used the main guy’s accent. I stared at him. He looked back confused. “What?”

“That’s so unrealistic!” I told him. “You can’t leave someone to marry money!”

He held up his hands in defense, “Don’t tell me.” He pointed to the man on the screen, “Tell him.” I laughed at his randomness. He leaned closer to me, but I was too busy caught up with making fun of the movie to notice.

He took my hand in his, which was when I looked up. Our faces were so close now, only inches apart. Devon closed the space linking our lips. His lips started moving and acting without thinking mine copied his in sync. My arms slowly wrapped around his neck, pulling myself closer to him. His hands were on my waist and moving downward. What was he trying? For some reason I didn’t stop him. Had I lost all control over my body? I didn’t want this, but some part of me was screaming yes. One hand grabbed my butt, the other making its way up my shirt. That was when he crossed the line. I shoved him away with all my strength, until he got the message.

He pulled away quickly, sitting back in his chair. I did the same thing. Devon ran a hand though his hair, while my hand touched my lips where his had been.

All I could think was that he had changed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi! I've been trying to update as soon as posible if you've noticed. This chapter (to me) was long, and took me a while to write. I'm not sure if it's my longest chapter. Also, I've been in a work in progress with about to write another story! In my opinion I think it wil be a good one, if not, you can hate me for it. But I'm still working on planning it out, not even close to writing the first chapter of it yet. I haven't even come up with a title! Oh well, it will come in time. Lol, I probably sounded like a fake wise person.

Also, for my new story, I'm asking my friend to make a banner and layout for it. She said she needs to know who the people are that are representing the characters. For the main girl I found a really good picture of someone who looks famous, but I don't know who it is. To help me out, please go to THIS link and then please leave a comment or send a message to who it is. Thank you so much. :)

Comment please?
Love you!
Sarah!