Aim for the Throat

Chapter 2

Tapping his foot loudly Brendon observed the mess on his desk, there really was no use to cleaning it up anyways. He knew for a fact the choir teacher was going to come into their shared office after her class was done and try to look for something. She did it daily. Neither of the two teachers were very organized. Shrugging he turned up this last song, it always made him smile, even if Ryan didn't write it for him. So as the last song played Brendon continued tapping his foot and threw a confiscated rubber band ball at the wall. Sadly, this is what he did on his free period more often then not. As it became closer to 11:00 he shut down his computer and started heading down the hall to fetch his son for his doctor's appointment.

Brendon could only wish he was as athletic as Cohen was in high school. With his slight envy he also remembered how little Cohen used to be, even over this summer Cohen transformed more into a man. His shoulders widened, he grew three more inches from what Ryan guessed, and had gotten into a serious relationship. As it happened every summer more freckles appeared on Cohen's nose and his hair became bleached from dark brown, almost black, to a deep chestnut. While he was puffed and proud at his son the principal in the office rushed to the speaker. Brendon was no longer close to his room and was halfway to the science pod when it rang in the air.

"Attention teachers proceed action for shelter in place. This is not a drill."

The announcement sent blood pulsing through Brendon's ears, he was nowhere near his classroom, only the science rooms. Scanning the locker clad hallway he found a boys bathroom. Darting towards the oak door covered with graffiti he pulled the silver handle towards him and slipped inside and much to his fears the lock was broken. Pressing his back against the door he choose the farthest, darkest, and most discreet of the three stalls. Now locking the door on the flimsy blue painted stall his breathing seemed to stop for a minute as a bang filled the air near the outside of the restroom. Squeezing his eyes shut he thanked god that it wasn't near any of his loved ones, that is if Cohen hadn't started walking to get him. With this thought he squeezed his eyes tighter until he saw red spots and prayed that Cohen wasn't where the shot was aimed at in the hall. The door squeaked and footsteps echoed on the tile floor, his eyes now wide open, he tilted his head enough to see through the crack of the stall.

A hostile boy around 18 or 19 was intently examining himself in the mirror, Brendon realized he was still breathing quickly and it was loud. The boy took no notice as he jerked back from leaning on the sink and shot leaving a bullet hole in the mirror. Screeching shatters broke only a few falling to the floor, the boy's reflection now matched what he felt on the inside.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, the chapter's are going to get shorter :D

Good day today even though it's raining.

and anything on American Baby?