Aim for the Throat

Chaper 6

Sam gazed at the floor concentrating on the speckled tiles. The door handle started jiggling as someone on the other side attempted to open it. Students still conscious shook and trembled like leaves during a Midwestern fall. Her eyes darted up when the window on the door was destroyed and an arm popping with adrenaline filled veins reached through and shards of glass bit into the boy's arm like teeth leaving small cuts. He then tapped the handle enough to push the door open. Sam wished she was invisible as the shooter walked around the lab tables stopping at the one she was crouched behind.

"Mr. Bradley?" He called, his voice cracked in a pubescent way but was still remained sure of what he was doing, "Come out. I know you're in here." His head tilted with eyes that were crazed, Sam turned her head so her forehead was resting on the dirty floor, "Fine…Stand up." Suddenly her side was being kicked at, "I said stand up!" For the first time the boy's voice was fully raised and one more swift kick was administered before she found her legs, "Tell me where he is." The boy whispered in Sam's ear and pressed the gun into her back.

"I-I-" He pressed harder as she stuttered and began to cry, "He- he's over…" She gulped down the acidic taste in her mouth, there was nothing she could do about the sweat forming on her brow, "He's over there!"

Pointing she was shocked that she was momentarily helping someone kill another person, vomiting in her mouth she let it escape onto the floor. Of course it was first instinct with a gun pressed in her back, it wouldn't matter though. Mr. Bradley stood holding his hands in the air the boy let go of Sam, causing her to stumble forward nearly slipping in the newly formed pile. Stepping towards his former student he tried to reason.

"Just put the gun down." Again the boy cocked his head only this time thoughts were running through his head.

Each step was slow and deliberate, Mr. Bradley had made his way around a black countered lab table and was blocking Sam, who was still standing stunned, from the aim of fire. Hesitantly the shooter seemed to lower his gun, schizophrenically he raised it again and for the first time all day he wounded flesh. The shooter barely missed Mr. Bradely and grazed past him to the wrong victim. She fell to floor as blood gushed from her head above her right eye, three more heaved breathes wheezed from her lungs escaping through the mouth. Annoyed and disappointed the second time was the charm for the Wild Bill shooter, right in the middle of his chest. Collapsing to his knees he fell flat on his face blood staining his white lab coat.

"I know what you did… I know what you did…" He kept muttering as he looked around.

The killer's nostrils were flared and he scratched his now drying red stained arm. Satisfaction showed in his face, almost like he was celebrating he started unloading the last of his rounds at random people in the room. He saved the last one for the broken boy in the mirror with the broken family and separate houses.
♠ ♠ ♠
so, this story was for me to experiment with character developement and attachment to them. I don't know what's going to happen after this. I do think after a year of writing this I'm going to go back and edit, the tenses are still killing me.

R.I.P.