Status: Hiatus. Rewriting the chapters. (: New ones soon!

Out of Focus

The Truth in a Talent

"Bella ba-ella be bi bo-ella Bella." Justin sings.  
"What was that?" I laugh. "A song. Duh." "Ha okay. Back to work smart ass. The play is tomorrow."
"Hey. Chill. I've done a lot of work in two weeks time." "I know." I smile. "So nervous about the talent show tonight?" he asks. 

I had finally picked a song for the talent show. I'd written it for my dad. It showed what I had felt like when he left. What I do feel like. I'd named it Confessions of a Broken Heart (daughter to father). I thought it was okay. 
I was going to play the song I'd written for Justin but that was put into the play. 
Mrs. Drexel had heard me playing it for Kaden & Becca & thought it was the perfect song for a scene where I'm alone in my room as Annabella & Justin's character David watches me from the yard.
"I'm a little nervous. I'm more nervous about the play. I mean you haven't heard my song." "I know but I'm suppose to be genuinely suprised. Plus I want a suprise reaction."
"I don't know. It just feels weird." "Well I've heard the music just not the words. What could be so suprising?" 
"I wrote it when you were in the hospital." "Oh. Well I suppose it could have some suprise to it then."
"Yeah. But Mrs. Drexel thought that it releated to Annabella & Davids situation."
"Maybe in a sense it does. And maybe it also relates to ours. It's like that song by All Time Low, Stella. It sounds like it's about some girl the guy is all hung up on but it's really about beer."
"Ah I love that song. It's the best." "I know."
"So you never did say what you were playing for the talent show. You wouldn't tell me." "Huh. Well you'll just have to wait to find out." "No fair." 
"Its the song from the concert that night."
"The one you were singing to that girl."
"That one yes. It's a song-"
Rinnnnnggggg
"Crap it's my mom."

Justin

Bella hangs up the phone. "I gotta meet my mom & Phil for dinner. It's the last chance I get while they're here."
"No problem. I'll see you at the concert." "What about after?"
"Party at Kadens. I'll drive you." "Okay." Bella smiles. 
"Bye Isabella." "Bye Justin."

I dress in my regular black t-shirt, skinny jeans, & black high-top converse. 
I watch & wait for Isabella. 
I see her before she sees me. Her long hair is pulled up in a bun. She has a short black dress on with a zebra print on the waist, black heels, & her tanned legs go on for miles.
"Hey Bells." I say. "Hey Justin." I take her hand, "You look beautiful tonight." I kiss her cheek. 
"Thanks." she blushes, "You look great too. I love that you can pull that off. Lucky." 
I wrap my arms around her waist, pull her close & because we're in the hallway I take my hand & put it on the back if her leg, lifting her dress just a little. 
"Mmmmmmmmm." "Good luck tonight Bells." I whisper in her ear. She breathes deep, "Thank you." 
I let her go, squeeze her hand, then we head towards the stage. 

I'm two acts ahead of Bella. They call me on & I sit myself down on the stool in the middle of the stage.

"I'll be playing Best of Me by Sum 41."
I had been rehearsing & Mrs. Drexel had heard me. She decided she wanted my song Pieces in the play. So she asked me to play something else at the talent show. I had obliged. 

So I began. 

It's so hard to say that I'll make everything alright
All these things that I've done, now what have I become?
And where'd I go wrong?
I don't mean to hurt, just to put you first I won't tell you lies. I'm sorry. 
I will stand accused with my hand on my heart, I'm just trying to say: I'm sorry
It's all that I can say. 
You mean so much & I'd fix all that I've done if I could start again. 
I'd throw it all away to the shadows of regrets & you would have the best of me. 
I know that I can't take back our love, the mistakes, 
But I will try
Although it's not easy, I know you believe me cuz I would not lie 
Don't believe their lies, don't conjelousize, they don't understand.  I'm sorry. 
I will break your heart, I will bring you down. But I will not lie. I'm sorry.
It's all that I can say, You mean so much and I'd fix all that I've done if I could start again 
I'd throw it all away to the shadows of regrets & you would have the best of me 
I'm sorry. It's all that I can say 
You mean so much & I'd fix all that I've done if I could start again
I'd throw it all away to the shadows of regrets and you would have the best of me.


I hope Bella understands. 

Isabella

After dinner with my mom & Phil they dropped me at home. I got dressed in my new short black spaghetti strap dress with a zebra waist & black heels. Then I threw my hair up in a a loose bun. 
When me, my mom, & Phil arrived I hurried inside. 

I searched for Justin. I found him looking at me in a black t-shirt, skinny jeans, & his black high-top converse. He looked so good. 
"Hey Bells." Justin says. "Hey Justin." He takes my hand, "You look beautiful tonight." & kisses my cheek. 
"Thanks." I blush, "You look great too. I love that you can pull that off. Lucky." 
He wraps his arms around my waist, pulls me close & because we're in the hallway alone he takes his hand & put it on the back of my leg, lifting my dress just a little. 
"Mmmmmmmmm." "Good luck tonight Bells." he whispers in my ear. I breathe deep, "Thank you." 
He let's me go, squeezes my hand, then we headed towards the stage.

Justin was two acts ahead of me. As he sings I understand. He blames himself for not being there for me. He really did regret hurting himself. He wanted to be there for me. 
He didn't want to lie either. Which is why he had told me about Tim. 
And he was going to start again, I was going to give him that chance. 
Finally I did understand. 

Then it was my turn. My turn to show my dad what our relationship meant to me. 

I walk on & sit on the bench at the piano set up in the middle of the stage.

I started writing this song I'm about to sing a while back. Finally its finished. It's for my father. 

I wait for the postman to bring me a letter, I wait for the good lord to make me feel better
And I carry the weight of the world on my shoulders, a family in crisis that only grows older
Why'd you have to go? Why'd you have to go? Why'd you have to go?
Daughter to father daughter to father, I am broken but I'm still hoping
Daugter to father daughter to father, I am crying a part of me's dying
And these are these are the confessions of a broken heart
And I wear all your old clothes your polo sweater
I dream of another you, one who would never (never), leave me alone to pick up the pieces, a daddy to hold me that's what I needed
(So) why'd you have to go? Why'd you have to go? Why'd you have to go?
Daughter to father daughter to father, I don't know you but I still want to
Daughter to father daughter to father tell me the truth did you ever love me?
Cause these are these are the confessions of a broken heart
Of a broken heart
I love you I love you 
I love you I----- I love you 
Daughter to father daughter to father I don't know you but I still want to 
Daughter to father daughter to father tell me the truth did you ever love me? Did you ever love me?
These are the confessions of a broken heart 
ooooohhh yeaaaahh
I wait for the post man to bring me a letter


I hope he understands.
                 
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment && subscribe!! I'll have tons more soon!!

Thanks sunshine!!

*sara*