Status: Finished!

What If You Stay?

Eighteen

That was nearly five years ago since Paul asked that and it took me a while to realize exactly what I wanted, where I needed to be, and what fate had in line for me. If any of you are thinking that I automatically stayed with Paul, you are wrong, but partly right. I did stay in La Push and moved in with Paul three months after the day he asked me to stay with him.

I needed to go to Tennessee for a while for one main reason my dad’s funeral and visit my mom. But I also needed time to be with my family having both of my parents taken from me it felt like my family was what I needed the most at the time. During those three months, Paul had come over and stayed one weekend each month so we wouldn’t go ballistic not seeing each other for so long. When Paul came down the weekend of the third month that was when I finally decided that I was ready to go back to Washington to move in with him.

The first day back in Washington, I meet the rest of the pack that I hadn’t gotten to meet before I went to Tennessee. It was fun to say the least to watch them each show their different personalities to help me remember which one was which since they all pretty much looked the same, which I learned later that it was the Quileute genes, and easily became friends with them, including the imprints. You could say that I was a wolf-girl now.

It took some time for me to get comfortable and settle in, but Paul tried to do his best to make it perfect for me and it was. We continued dating for a year before he asked me to marry him; the day that Sam and Emily got married (surprise, surprise) at the reception. Six month later, we had a small wedding of just family and close friends on First Beach, where he had first asked me out. It was a good two month marriage until I fell pregnant with our first son, Jordan, then it was icing on a cake for us, something we couldn’t wait for.

Paul continued working at the car shop and I had gotten a job working as a waitress at a nearby café so we could get some money in, since neither one of us went to college, but it worked for us and Emily babysat Jordan while we were at work, since she was a stay at home mom having a son also named Levi, after Sam’s dad. Things were going great for Paul and me for two years when I fell pregnant again with a girl this time, who we decided to name Allie, after my mom.

It was rather surprising when everyone came to see Allie when she was born, Paul was about to tear Seth into pieces. I was confused by it when Paul muttered that Seth imprinted on Allie then I became furious, until Quil explained to me how the imprinting thing with go since he had imprinted on Claire, Emily’s niece who was fifteen years younger than him. Although I was still upset that Allie might not get the chance to be interested in other guy, experiment I could say, I couldn’t stay mad forever knowing that Seth would be better for her in the end.

Now that Jordan was an active three year old always on the go and Allie was a quiet one year old, Paul and I couldn’t be happier with our family. Paul and I sat curled up together on the sofa with Seth on the living room floor with Allie in his lap and Jordan across from him playing a board game that was appropriate for him. Paul was running his fingers through my hair kissing the top of my head every once in a while as I stared at our children smiling.

It was moments like this that I cherished the most, a day as a family, the four of us with Seth there most of the time as well, not that it bothered me or Paul in that matter. He was like another family member to us in a way, thanks to Allie. I looked up at Paul with a smile still plastered on my face to find him also smiling when he looked down at me. He leaned downward toward me and pressed his lips against mine for a soft quick kiss.

Pulling away, he whispered, “I enjoy this.” I nodded curling myself closer to Paul, still looking up at him. “I have also been thinking.”

“About what?” I asked.

“Having another kid.” Paul answered looking back at Jordan and Allie. “I want to have another kid, preferably another son if possible.”

“Paul, if we have anymore kids we are going to have to find a bigger house and we can’t afford that let alone another baby right now.” I said.

“We don’t have to move. We can just take the back wall of the house down and the guys and I could add more to the house.”

“I don’t know, Paul. I’m happy like this for now. Jordan and Allie are already a handful for us if it wasn’t for Emily and Seth to help babysit for us.”

“Can we at least think about it? Maybe later when the two have grown up some?” Paul asked nearly pleading.

I closed my eyes smiling as I shook my head silently laughing at him. Opening my eyes to look at Paul again, he was smiling like an idiot as if he could read my mind about actually having another child. Paul leaned forward and press his lips against mine roughly before moving his arms to pull me into his lap before standing up from the sofa and heading down the hallway toward our bedroom.

“Seth can you take Jordan and Allie somewhere for a while?” Paul asked when he pulled away to look back at Seth who was watching us with a smirk on his face. Seth nodded as he asked the kids about going to his place and left with them to head towards his apartment making sure to have the baby bag and toy bag for them. “Now where were we?” Paul asked looked back down at me with a smirk.

Laughing, I reached up to pull his face back down to me to kiss him as he continued to carry us toward our bedroom making sure to close and lock the door in case someone was to barge in and interrupt us like they have done before, mostly Jared and Jacob. So much for actually waiting to have another child.
♠ ♠ ♠
The End

Thank you all so much for keeping up with this story, subscribing and commenting, they meant so much to me, I can’t explain it.
(Please Comment!)