Spot

Spot.

Image

See Spot. See Spot run. See Spot run into a convenience store. See Spot point his gun at the clerk. See Spot steal all the money and shoot the clerk. See the clerk, dead and bleeding on the floor.

See Sally. See Sally whimpering behind the shelves. See the clerk’s pooling blood as it creeps closer to Sally. See Spot sight Sally. See Sally freeze in fright. See the flashing lights of the police car outside. See the policeman get out of the car. He is mad. See him order Spot to come out.

“Put the gun down, and come out with your hands up,” says the policeman.

See Spot laugh. Laugh Spot, laugh. See Spot take Sally hostage. Sally is scared. See Spot put the loaded gun to Sally’s temple. See Spot put his finger on the trigger. See the policeman put his gun down. The policeman is scared too.

See a second man get out of the car. His name is Sam. See Sam grab a megaphone from the car.

“Please, Spot. Don’t shoot her. We can figure things out. Just put the gun down.” Sam says into the megaphone.

See Spot shake his head. See Spot remove the gun from Sally’s head. See Sally see a chance to escape. See Sally run. Run Sally, run! See Spot point the gun at Sally’s back. Oh no Sally! Run faster Sally! See Spot pull the trigger.

See the bullet’s impact tear apart Sally’s internal organs. See Sally’s right lung, punctured and deflating. See Sam run towards Sally. Run Sam, run. Sam can’t run fast enough to save her. See Sally die. See Sam clutch Sally’s lifeless body to his chest. See Sam cry, his agony deep. Sam is sad.

See the policeman run towards Spot. See Spot run away from the policeman. See the policeman slip on the congealing blood and splattered organs covering the floor. See Sam stand up. See Spot lift his gun once again, this time towards the giant plate glass windows. See Sam and policeman turn to cover their eyes. See Spot pull the trigger. See the giant wall of glass, as it shatters and falls. See Spot run towards the police car. Run Spot, run. See Sam and the policeman run after Spot. Run policeman run. Run fast. Catch Spot.

See Spot climb into the car. See Spot turn the keys, still in the ignition. See Spot back over a plant in his haste to escape. The policeman feels very silly for leaving the keys in the car. See Spot drive off into the distance. Spot has been very, very naughty.
See the policeman and Sam back at Sam’s house. They are getting Sam’s car. See Sam getting into the driver seat. See the policeman getting into the passengers seat. The policeman doesn’t like sitting in the passengers seat. The policeman doesn’t feel in control when he is the passenger. The policeman feels inferior. See Sam drive onto the highway. Sam knows where Spot will be. See Sam drive faster. Drive Sam, drive.

See the policeman kick down the door. CRASH, goes the door. See Spot point his gun at the policeman. Oh no! See Sam run in front of the policeman, just as Spot pulls the trigger. See Sam fall to the floor, clutching his abdomen. See Spot gasp. Oh no! Spot didn’t mean to kill Sam.

“I’m so sorry Spot,” says Sam. “I still love you.”

See Spot cry. Spot is sad. Spot loves Sam too. Spot wants to tell Sam, but Sam is already dead.

See Spot put another bullet in the gun. See the policeman point his gun at Spot.

“Drop the gun, or I will be forced to shoot you,” says the policeman

See Spot put the loaded gun to his head. Spot sees no point in living any more, now that Sam is dead. See Spot pull the trigger. See the policeman look away as Spot’s brains splatter against the wall. Spot is dead now. Poor Spot.