Status: Won the contest. Yay for me :)

Gifts: Large and Small

Audrey and Ella are twins.
And Audrey's just been dumped by Ethan, because he's in love with Ella.
Watch as a cliched story gets turned on its head.

For theavalanche's contest--combat cliche: http://www.mibba.com/forums/topic/152784/1/

Word count: 2,836

***
“How do you expect me to do that?” I really hadn’t wanted to cry but I couldn’t help myself. I ended up sobbing.

His eyes are cold, laced with disgust. “I don’t expect you to do it. You are going to do it.”

The tears rolled down my cheeks and I made no effort to stop them. What was the point of pretending to be strong and unaffected when, damn it, I was totally out of my depth? I tried to think of anything, anything at all, that I could say to him that would make him stay but nothing came to mind.

He turned around and out of reflex; I grab hold of his arm. Surprised, he spun around and stared at me. I swallowed the lump in my throat. “Please. Please don’t just leave.”

He shook himself free of me. “Audrey, I don’t even like you. I like your sister and I’ve always liked her. You’d just been too...preoccupied to figure it out.”

I stared at him, my hand over my mouth in an evident display of shock and horror, with tears still coursing down my cheeks. How? How could the only guy I’d ever liked be interested in Ella?

How could was what mine become my sister’s, as always?