I'm Gonna Break Down These Walls

You Are My Only One

"Where is my other earring?" I shouted. "I'm gonna be late!"

"It's on your desk. Jeez, you really need to calm down," Vanessa said.

"Well, I do have to meet Alex in five minutes. I had to leave a long time ago."

Alex and I have been dating for four years and we're still going strong. I was at Vanessa's house getting ready. Vanessa and Jack are still dating. They were having some problems but every couple does. Zack and Kayla broke up a few months ago. Vanessa and I are still very good friends with her. Rian has been single for a while now also.

Vanessa rolled her eyes. "Get out of here already then."

I grabbed my keys, put my heels on, and then I was out the door. I got in the car and I thought I'd call Alex to let him know I'd be late.

"Hey," he answered, "what's up?"

"I'm gonna be a little late. Is that okay?"

"Yeah, babe, that's fine. I miss you like crazy."

"Shut up. You're such a loser." I chuckled.

He laughed. "I'm gonna let you drive then. I'll see you in a little while."

"Okay, love you."

"Love you too."

I hung up and focused on driving. I parked in front of the stadium which is where he told me to go. I saw his car and I got out. Our cars were the only ones there. I guess he did the same thing like he did with the restaurant. It's cute. You really wouldn't think that he'd be romantic because of what he did before but he really is. I love him for it.

"I'm here, finally," I said.

"Yeah, it took you forever," Alex said dramatically as he pushed my chair in as I sat down. "Ten minutes too long!"

I laughed. "Shut up, drama queen."

He chuckled and he leaned down to kiss me. I kissed him back. "You're weird."

"Look who's talking."

"Shut your face."

I laughed. "Okay, we're both weird. The end."

"Okay. So I tried to be romantic and made dinner."

"Aw, it looks good."

"Thanks, babe." He smiled.

"You're welcome." I smiled back. I ate a piece of chicken and it really was delicious. I never knew Alex could cook. "Babe, this is really amazing."

"Really?"

"Yes, it's so good. What did you put in it, crack?"

He laughed. "No, I put lemon pepper, salt, regular pepper, and thyme."

"How did you learn how to cook?"

"Home Ec and my mom." He smiled.

I chuckled. "Well, your teacher and mom taught you well." The mashed potatoes tasted really good too. "Everything tastes amazing on this plate. Did you make dessert too?"

"No, I sucked at baking but my mom made us chocolate chip cookies."

"Ooh, yum. I love your mom's chocolate chip cookies. I probably would've believed you if you said you made them."

"Well, then I made them."

I laughed. "That's too late now. I have an idea."

"What?"

"How about you stay home and cook and clean and I'll work?"

"That won't work considering I have a music career now."

"I guess I need to learn how to cook. I'm a mean baker though."

"What? Do you burn everything you cook?"

"No!" I crossed my arms. "Maybe..."

He laughed. "Sorry. I'll just teach you some things."

"Okay!" I smiled. "I love how you can cook and I can bake. Total opposites."

"That's what makes us perfect."

I smiled. "Sure does.

After we finished eating, we sat there for a while and talked. He stood up and I stared at him dumbfounded. "Stand up," he said.

"Oh, okay," I said. He got down on one knee and I gasped. "Alex..."

"Hold on, let me say something first. Ellie, you are my best friend and you always will be. We've been through everything. You telling me your deepest secret just means we can truly trust each other. That's never been the case with any other girls I've been with. You're perfect in every way. You light up the room whenever you walk in. I love the way your blue eyes sparkle whenever you laugh or smile. I just love you so much and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. You are my only one." He pulled out the black box and opened it and I saw the most beautiful ring. "Will you marry me?"

"Yes!" I had tears in my eyes and he slipped the ring on my finger. He stood up and kissed me. I kissed him back. "I love you."

"I love you too."

I smiled knowing my life felt perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long! School kept me busy but now I have no school!
Sequel? Maybe. You decide. If I make one, it'll probably be later.
Plus, I don't know what story I'm gonna make since this one's over... I don't have one planned and I always do :/