Status: Comments equal Love....teehee <3

An Unexpected Romance

Birthday Parties Galore

“Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Landstrum,” I said to the cute couple before leaving the room. I had just dropped off their new baby girl, who needed a bath before seeing mom and dad. This was their third child, but their first girl. They seemed stoked.

“Now, tell me everything,” Nova said exasperatedly once I reached the nurses station. “I’m dying here; you need to tell me, women.”

“I told you everything already, Nov. We yelled, he told me about his ex-girlfriend, he sang to me and then we kissed. End of story,” I said for probably the eighth time that day.

“Oh, puh-lease. That is not the end of this tantalizing story!” Nova argued.

“Yes, it is Nov. I really don’t want to talk about it anymore,” I said frustrated. I guess I couldn’t get over the fact, that Levy had cracked my armor. Just with a song and a sob story.

“No, Charlie. I know what you’re thinking. You’re not gonna just ignore him now,” Nova said sternly.

I didn’t realize I was so predictable.

“It’s not…,” I didn’t get to finish my sentence because Nina walked in and immediately began tugging on my arm.

“There’s a guy waiting for you downstairs at the front desk!” she cheered like I’d just one a million dollars.

“Woo,” I said sarcastically, she just glared and pushed me toward the awaiting elevator.

“Just go, he’s so cute!” I got on the elevator and made my way down, walking right up to the front desk. Nobody was there.

“Ugh,” I grunted before turning around and there stood Levy, smirking.

“Jesus Christ!” I gasped while placing my hand over my heart. “You scared me.”

“Yeah, sorry about that tiger,” he smiled, not really meaning his sorry. “I came by to ask you something.”

“And this couldn’t wait until after I got out of work?” I said exasperatedly.

“Of course not!” he replied sounding offended. I raised my eyebrow, urging him to go on. “Well, my birthday’s on Saturday…”

“Levy, I know your birthday is this Saturday, this can’t be of dire importance,” I said interrupting him and then turning to go back up to the unit.

“No, wait!” he shouted grabbing my arm and pulling me back. This display grabbed a lot of attention, so Levy and I walked outside. “You see, my family wants me to come home on Thursday and stay the weekend, since all my family’s coming over. It’s my grandpa’s birthday too and he’s turning 95, so they’re having this big party.”

“Uh-huh, that’s just fantastic, see you later then,” I said trying to leave again, but Levy’s arm shot out and kept me from going anywhere.

“I want you to come and meet my family,” he pleaded.

“Don’t you think it’s a little early in us knowing each other for me to meet the ’rents,” I said.

Parents already? I’m getting itchy thinking about it…

“No, I don’t think so,” he said offhandedly. Levy wasn’t really making eye contact, so I finally got why he asked me in the first place.

“Why do you really not want to go alone?” I questioned with a smirk.

“What, I want to…,” my look quickly made him tell the truth. “Fine, Heather’s going to be there.”

Heather?

“Who’s Heather?” I asked perplexed.

“My ex,” he said gloomily.

“Ahh,” I voiced.

Hmm. Let’s see, if I were to put myself in Levy’s shoes…I’d definitely want someone by my side if it were Greg. I guess it wouldn’t hurt to take a few days off of work.

“I’ll go with you,” I said, but I don’t think Levy heard because he kept rambling about how he needed me and how he didn’t want to face her alone because he’d just runaway again. So, I repeated myself.

“Oh, okay. Wow, that was easier than I though it’d be. Thanks, Charlie!” he exclaimed while embracing me in a tight hug. As he set me down, his lips were instantly on mine. Melting any resistance I had for this situation. I pulled back before either of us really would have liked since someone cleared their throat behind us.

“Well, hello Levy. Good to see you again,” Nova said with a knowing smile that caused me to blush. “So, you’re kidnapping my beautiful Charlie this weekend?”

“Nova, how long have you been listening?” I questioned shocked.

“Since the grandpa turning 95 part,” he admitted unabashedly.

“You little eavesdropper,” I muttered while Levy was cracking up.

“Yes, I will be kidnapping her, if you don’t mind,” Levy said once he stopped laughing.

“Nah, I don’t mind. You enjoy her,” he said with a smirk before walking off slowly.

“Oh, I will,” Levy said suggestively with an eyebrow wiggle.

“Okay, then. Talk to you later, bye,” I said pecking him on the cheek before running to catch up with Nova.

“Hehe,” Nova laughed. I just glared as we made our way up. The boss said it was cool to take off Thursday and Friday, when I asked later that day before clocking out. So, that worked out well. I think it may be because he has a crush on me, well that's really wat Nova thinks, but I don't agree. I'm not into doctors like that...

Once I was in my pjs and ready to pack, I called Levy. He said I’d need to pack for very cold weather because winters in Vermont were known to be chilly. He also said that his parents forced everyone to dress up for dinner, so I needed to bring formal wear. I packed and then decided I didn’t like half of it…so I repacked and then I was happy.

Now, I had to just convince myself that going with Levy to meet his family was truly for the best idea…

Yeah I don’t think that’s gonna happen. But I can’t back out now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Double Digits!! Woo!! So sorry this one took a while to come out...but it's kinda filler-ish...the next one will be intense, but might be a little bit before it comes out.

And I was forced to write in this note the following...I love you Mike, you are the sultan of cool and I bow down to your awesomeness...

Anywho...Subscribe and Comment!!...I know you're there because the readers number keeps going up...this story isn't pre-written so your suggestions could truly alter the route of the story...i mean yes it will have the ending I planned but all that fun stuff before it's finished can easily be changed!! So please tell me what you think!