Status: Active :)

In the Night

4

Kimmie jumped slightly at the sight of those eyes, and John felt her sudden movement. She shrugged at him, then made herself comfortable again, sitting up right with her legs across John's lap. He leaned closer and kissed the side of her head.

"What was that?" he said, whispering so not to disturb Sarah and Gus, who were still engrossed in the film.

"Nothing," she said, turning to face him. "I just got a shiver, that's all."

He didn't carry on the conversation, instead kissed her head again then focused his concentration on the film. The dark, black circles that were once Gus's striking blue eyes never left Kimmie's mind.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A couple of hours later, after they had all finished watching the film, demolished a couple of pizza's, polished off two bottles of wine and finished half of a third bottle, John signaled that it was probably time to leave the two girls alone to get some sleep. Sarah invited both the boys to stay over, despite not knowing them for more than twenty-four hours, but they explained that they had to be up before nine, which instantly made the girls groan at the mere thought of an early morning wake-up.

"We should hang out again though, will you be in the union again any time soon?" Gus asked the girls.

"We're there near enough every day," Kimmie began to tell them. "Sarah has a drinking problem, and they have regular happy hours."
She turned to face Sarah, who was now scowling at her ferociously, with her arms folded across her body.

"I do not have a drinking problem!" She scoffed, picking up the last bottle of wine from the coffee table and finishing off the remainder of the bottle. Kimmie just raised her eyebrow and turned to face the two very amused boys who had stood up in preparation of leaving.

"I'll put our numbers in your phone, if you like?" She asked John. "Then you can get hold of either of us, and give Sarah's to Gus." she teased, sending a smirk in Gus's direction. He laughed and scratched the back of his neck guiltily.
John took his phone from the pocket of his jeans and handed it to the small blonde girl in front of him. She typed in both the numbers and saved them, then gave the phone back. As she placed the phone into John's hand, Kimmie's fingers brushed against his palm slightly, setting off that feeling of electricity for both of them again. She looked up and smiled at him. A few strands of hair fell in front of her eyes as the pair of them stood, just looking at each other. John moved the pieces of hair away from Kimmie's face and took a step closer to her. He leaned down and placed a gentle kiss on her lips.

"I'll let you know when we're coming to find you," he said, smiling sincerely at her. She nodded, then turned to face Sarah, who was once again in the arms of Gus. John cleared his throat, gaining the attention of the pair of them who practically fell over themselves at the noise.

"We better get going, it's pretty late." John told his friend. He turned back to Kimmie and placed yet another kiss softly on her forehead. Gus said his goodbye's to Sarah then walked towards the door and opened it. He waited for John to join him before he stepped outside outside the door.
Kimmie placed her hands on John's chest and stood on her toes, deciding it was her turn to kiss him. She pressed her lips to his own for a second, then moved away. John took a few more seconds, and the the feel of Kimmie's hand touching his own to open his eyes.

"So, we'll see you both soon then?" He nodded and smiled.

"Yeah, goodnight, ladies." John replied. He kissed Kimmie's hand, then mentally kicking himself, let it go. The two hypnotisingly attractive young men left the girls' apartment, leaving them both in awe of the night they had just had.
The girls talked for around an hour afterwards, under they both began yawning, finally accepting that it was time for them to go to bed.

" 'Night, love." Kimmie called to her friend before she entered her bedroom.

"G'night, Sarah's voice replied, before the door to her room shut.
Sarah lay on her bed, not bothering to get changed just yet. She could still smell the scent of his cologne on her sheets, where he had been sitting, and often casually lounging, earlier that evening. She sighed to herself, still wondering how they had come to meet such compellingly stunning, and interesting people.

Kimmie crawled into bed after brushing her teeth and putting her worn clothes in her pile to be washed. All but the top she was wearing. She, like Sarah, could smell when her shirt had been pressed against John. It was just an average men's aftershave kind of smell, but to her it was comforting. She had been positive, before speaking to Jhon and Gus, that they weren't actually real, or at least wouldn't be interested in sparing the time to talk to Sarah and herself. But they had, and Kimmie still felt as if she was dreaming. She was positive there had been some connection between her and John, and it drew her to him.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

"So d'you think they're good enough?" Gus asked his friend as the two of them made their way down the dark street leading away from the block of apartments.

"I don't know, actually. I thought they would, but I'm.. i'm not sure.. I don't know," John informed him.

Gud stopped walking and stared at John. He raised and eyebrow, and John tried his best to act innocent,

"What?" he asked Gus, who shook his head and carried on walking. "What was that look for?" he asked, more impatiently this time.
Gus laughed at the man beside him and shook his head, once again.

"You like her, don't you?" he more stated, than asked. john tried his best to think of an answer for his friend, but to no avail.

"I can see inside your head, remember. You like her, admit it." He playfully demanded, pushing John's shoulder with his.

"Alright, I like her. She intrigues me. I just don't think I could kill her." he sighed, looking at the ground as they walked.

"I knew it. We need to find someone though. or Dalton will kill all of us."

"I know. Or, we could get some one else, take the rest of them and just, disappear for a while?" Gus stopped walking again. John stopped too, and turned to face him.

"Hear me out, okay? We get the boys, take them somewhere safe, we could probably leave them with her and Sarah if we stick around and get to know them some more. Then there's bound to be a hospital round here somewhere, we find the first two people that die, just in case one isn't enough, make it look like we killed them, take them to Dalton, and disappear. He never has to know about the girls, and we just don't think about them when we're around him."

Gus stared at John for a while, thinking over the idea. He trusted John, and he already knew of the connection to this girl. It was fate, and being the older of the two, he understood, whereas John was unknowingly following a prediction. He knew John should never have met her, but just by walking near to her, separated by a pane of glass, history began repeating itself.

"Okay, say I went along with it. That means we go back to that student bar every day for a week or two, then introduce them to the boys, how to we get them to let the three of them stay with them?"

John looked at Gus, as if he had just asked the silliest question since time began.

"We ask them. Or.. persuade them, if it takes that much. I don't really want to do that to her either. She's.. special. I can feel it. "

Gus, who was examining the area they were in looked back to John, slightly shocked at what he had just said.

"Special, how?"

"I don't know. I can just feel some sort of connection between us. Like we were meant to meet, or something. I don't know what it is though."

Gus shifted uneasily. He began walking again, not daring to think of anything else but the book he had been reading before they ventured outside that day.

"Suppose you'll just have to figure it out, eventually," he told John. "We need to get home, I'm starving."

"I think there's still some AB positive in the refridgerater if you want. I'm not really hungry, to be honest."

"Come on then, before the sun starts coming up. I don't fancy toast for breakfast," he joked.

He and John beggan to move faster before disappearing into thin air.
♠ ♠ ♠
I got inspired.
Sarah needs to write the next one.
Im'a fill her in on my idea when it's not quarter past 4 in the fucking morning.
- K xo.