Status: =/

City Of Angels

Number 2

The city lights blinded him as he ran along the busy street, carrying a small bundle in his arms. His hair was jet black with blood red streaks through it, his incredibly blue eyes darted restlessly. They shimmered in the light, he had been told that his blue eyes could make some one loose their memories or he could change what they have seen or heard but he had never tried it. Around His neck hung a blood red pendant hung on a silver chair. The pendant sparkled in the city’s lights as he turned a corner and started running towards a tall red building. He tightened his grip on the box like bundle as he knocked loudly three times on the door. A tall man slowly opened the door, took a quick glance at him and opened it further. Slowly he walked inside hugging the box against him tighter.
"Master Sean what a pleasure to see you here" The Tall man greeted as he walked towards Sean, his hand outstretched. Sean looked at the man, he had brown hair and deep brown eyes, he looked pretty average, except for the small tattoo on his neck which signified that he was a shape shifter. Shifting the box into one arm that he shook the mans hand.
" Lady Tamara is upstairs in her room It is the first to the left.." he glanced down and saw the box in Sean's arm.
"is that the-" He did not get to finish his sentence for Sean's hand was at his throat, forcing the man to look into his eyes.
" You saw or heard nothing...I was never here" he felt more than saw the mans head nod and let go of his neck. Where his fingers were was three red markings. He shook his head and headed towards the stairs. The stairs were made out of marble with a red carpet trailing down them. He walked slowly up the stairs, careful of the box and walked towards the first door on the hallway. Of course it was Tamara's it was decorated with tassels and a pentagram in the middle of the door. Sean ran his hand through his jet black hair and knocked slowly on the door. Tap Tap Tap the sound echoed throughout the cold, empty hallway. He leaned against the wall beside the door, waiting impatiently.
Tamara, where are you? For fucks sake!!!
He went back and hit the door again knocking louder. He didn’t have to wait long this time for the door slowly opened, Sean had never seen Tamara before But everybody on the streets said she was utterly gorgeous. If he was right than the woman who had stepped out was Tamara. She was as beautiful as everyone on the streets said she was. She had Long Golden hair that reached to her mid back with sea green eyes that sparkled in the light. She was wearing a white halter dress that reached to her knees and white heels on.
"May I help you?" she leaned casually against the door frame. Sean stuttered as he looked up from her shoes to her eyes.
"Tamara...." was all he could say, he staggered and fainted, hitting his leg painfully against the door frame, his head managed to hit the corner of the door. Blackness surrounded him until he could feel something icy against his face, he jolted upright straight away.
" Wakey Wakey.." she murmured into his ear, Sean could feel her warm breath against his ear. Slowly he sat up, propped up against his elbows he looked at his surroundings. The room was bright and had colourful paintings all around. Seeing that he was awake Tamara got up from beside him and walked towards her small kitchen and put on a kettle.
"So you are Sean? correct? Judging by your wallet your not a cop nor are you rich.." she said without turning away from the kettle
That Bitch looked through my wallet! Instinctively he reached towards his back pocket of his jeans to find his wallet missing.
"What the fuck did you do with my wallet?!" He stood up, his legs shook from beneath him and he staggered angrily to the counter.
" Oh Calm the fuck down Sean..don't get all male dominancy on me.. Your wallet is right beside you numbskull." He looked beside him and saw his wallet, she wasn't lying.
"Now sit back down before you injure yourself...again" Unwillingly he pulled out a stool from under the counter and sat on it, wincing as he hit his leg. Tamara turned back towards him with two china cups in her hand, she gave one to Sean. Sean Looked at it like it was a poisonous snake.
"Its tea, Don’t get your knickers in a twist Just drink it" He sniffed it as she took a sip out of her own cup. He slowly lifted the cup up to his lips and took a long draught. the after taste was of herbs he didn’t recognize. As soon as he put the cup away from his lips his leg and head started to feel better.
"What kind of tea is this?" Sean asked as he put the china cup down slowly.
" Its a family recipe, Made to heal injuries or sickness" Tamara took another sip from her drink.
" Any chance of getting the recipe?" He grinned.
"Not In this lifetime honey" Sean took another sip of the tea and felt a shiver go through his body as the herbs took effect.
"Interesting Box you have over there.." Tamara nodded her head towards the coffee table where the box was sitting with its shiny black sheet folded neatly beside it.
"Why did you take the sheet off it?!! “Sean hobbled over towards the box and sheet and picked it up, cradling it in his arm.
"I was curious..the Words On it..they are French aren’t they? What do they mean?" She cradled her head in her hands.
" This box.. is important i came here for a reason. The words at the top ' ténèbres' Mean 'Shadows' I Was hoping if you could help me" Sean looked up from the golden box because it had begun to glow.
“What would I get out of this? I mean, after all I would be trying to protect it right?”
“Well yes but—“ Tamara had started pacing again.
“ And what if I died? Hmm What would happen then? Did you even think this through? Are you that stu-“ Sean ran up to her and put his hand over her mouth, cutting off the rest of her sentence. He was careful not to look her in the eyes so he looked at the floor.
“Listen to me carefully Tamara..” His hot breath caressed her ear, their bodies were touching, with no space between them.
“ I am one of the few good warlocks out there“ He looked up quickly and saw her eyes widen.
“But..I want you to accompany me” slowly he released his hand from her mouth but did not move away from her. Standing this close to her he realized that she reached up to his chin. Sean suddenly got the urge to cup her face in his hands, to slide his tongue into her mouth, to have her beside him, to feel her body warmth beside him. He shook his head slowly and took a few steps away, far enough so that there was a couch in-between them.
“Where do we go then?” Tamara looked all around the room, anywhere but at him. Noticing this Sean moved further back. He reached up a hand and touched the red pendant which pulsed against his collar bone.
“We..are going to the City Of Angels”
♠ ♠ ♠
well hows it sound?

- Caityy