‹ Prequel: Why Me?

The Screams Have Ended

Absence

I cried all the way home as Relia drove.

Once we got to house I went straight to one of the quest rooms. I couldn’t stay in mine, the one I shared with Tom. It would hurt too much.

“Bill, did you get a hold of him?” I looked up at Relia from my spot on the bed and watched hopefully as she spoke on her cell phone.

“Crap, damn that fucking bastard.” She mumbled shutting her phone.

“He‘s gone isn’t he?” I whispered. Relia looked at me sadly and nodded.

~Relia‘s POV~

Tom disappeared a week ago and Crina is getting more depressed by second and Bill and I are working are asses off trying to find Tom.

I try to keep Crina active though she most of the time refuses. I just tell that it will affect the babies and in the hope that Tom will return she gets up to stay healthy.

I opened the door to her room and saw Crina lying on her side. Her eyes were closed but tears still flowed down her checks.

“Crina? Are you sleeping?” I asked softly not wanting to wake her if she was.

She didn’t answer so I left the room and went to mine and Bill’s room. Crina had moved back into her room after the first day of Tom’s absence.

“Alright where would Tom go?” I asked Bill.

“I don‘t know, we can‘t check every fucking hotel in Germany.” he mumbled rubbing his face smudging his make up more than it was.

“Oh if I get my hands on that girl who pushed Crina-”

“That girl. Tom said he recognized that girl.” Bill said cutting me off. “Well he didn‘t actually say it; I went-“

“Yeah, Yeah. Twin connection, I know, I do the same thing.” I said waving my hand for him to continue, “Did he say who?” I asked.

“Yeah…his first.” Bill said shaking his head.

“His first?” I asked raising my eyebrows, “How the hell could he remember that? He was like five?” I asked.

“You never forget your first; trust me I’ve tried.” he mumbled.

I glared at him, “And yet you always come back for more.”

“And you always agreed.” he said smirking.

“Don‘t be so full of yourself.” I said rolling my eyes.

“I do believe, that would be you full of me.” he said smirking looking more and more like his jackass brother.

I blushed in spite of myself, “Shut up. Back to the topic at hand; Tom‘s first pushed Crina down the stairs. What does that have to do with anything?”

“Tom was thinking that if he never would‘ve agreed to let that girl in his hotel room then kicked her out afterwards, she never would‘ve done that.” Bill said.

“He’s right; this is his entire fault.” I said agreeing with the prick that couldn‘t keep it in his pants.

“You could be a bit more helpful.” Bill said narrowing his eyes at me.

“What? It’s not like he heard me.” I said shrugging.

“Just…be quiet. He feels guilty about how he used to be so I think he would go back to place where it all started.” Bill said.

“And that would be?” I asked.

“The hotel.” he said.

“What hotel? What the hell are you talking about?!” I asked only doing this to get on his nerves.

“Alright, I‘m going to say this slowly. We, that means you and me, are going to the hotel where Tom, my brother, the guy that‘s engaged to your sister, lost his virginity.” Bill said slowly.

“Okay, now when are we going to have sex?” I asked.

“Did you hear a word I just said?!” he shouted pulling at his hair.

“Yeah, yeah, go to a hotel to get that bastard. Now you, me, naked?”

Bill shook his head but smiled nonetheless.