Status: Finished. :]

The Distance Between Us

Ten

I paced back and forth nervously. “Whoa,” Brooklyn said as she walked up. “I haven’t seen you this nervous since thirty seconds before we performed the first night on this tour!”

“Yeah,” Savana agreed. “What’s up?”

I stopped and looked at the two of them, shaking my head slightly before I went back to pacing. “Mel?” Brooklyn asked.

“Melody Elizabeth Spencer! Tell us what the fuck is wrong!” Savana shouted.

“I didn’t,” I choked out.

“You didn’t what?” Kylie asked as she came up. I stopped and pressed my back to the wall, sliding down to the floor. I sighed lightly.

“I can’t.” I ran my fingers through my hair.

“Will you please explain with more than two words?” Savana asked as she sat beside me.

“I have to go,” I mumbled.

“What?” Kylie asked. I got up.

“I can’t perform tonight,” I said, shaking my head. I stared at my shoes as I walked down the hallway. I found my way to the van and crawled in the back. I grabbed a pillow and curled up on my side, trying to get comfortable.

I closed my eyes, trying to forget everything when the door opened. “Mel, talk to me,” Savana sighed. “Nobody else is listening. Tell me what’s wrong.”

I pulled my hood up. “No,” I mumbled into the pillow.

She sighed. “Am I going to have to ask Maika?” I stiffened at the sound of his name. “Okay, that plan seems to be out. Please, Mel. I won’t say a word of it.”

I sat up and looked at her, taking in a slow, deep breath. “I didn’t sleep with Maika.” Her eyes widened and her jaw dropped.

“What?” she asked. “You’re joking, right?” I slowly shook my head, wishing I was just joking. “Why?!”

I sighed. “I… wasn’t ready.”

She raised an eyebrow. “Little Miss Fuck-Any-Guy-That-Has-A-Penis didn’t have sex with Maika Maile, her BOYFRIEND?!” She shook her head. “I don’t believe you.” I rolled my eyes and climbed out of the van.

“Then why did you bother asking?” I walked down the block and turned the corner, trying to get away for a little while. I looked down as I passed the small line that had formed for the concert.

“Melody!” I automatically looked up at the sound of my voice. I blushed when I saw Maika waving me over. I stood in the middle of the sidewalk, looking like an idiot as I tried to decide whether I would go or not. “Melody?” I slowly walked towards him.

“Hi, Melody,” the seven girls all said in unison.

“What is it?” I asked quietly.

“Brooklyn said you were pretty upset about something… Are you okay?” He caressed my cheek. I shrugged.

“Are you really not performing tonight?” one of the girls asked. Maika gave me a confused look.

“God, news travels fast,” I muttered. “I don’t even know.” I sighed.

I picked at the chipped black polish on my fingers as I waited for everybody. I signed a few shirts, hoodies, and bags, and got my picture taken several times. “There you are!” Chris said. I gave him a confused look. “Maika’s worried about you.”

I felt guilty. “Where is he?”

“He left for the hotel twenty minutes ago.”

“Kylie got in a fight with a fan over you,” I said.

“What?”

“She won.”

Chris laughed. “Oh god. I better go find her before she gets into trouble.”

I saw Josh and ran to jump on his back. “Josh! What hotel are you staying at?” I asked.

“Holiday Inn,” he answered.

“Awesome! When are you guys leaving? I need a ride,” I told him.

“Well, I was on my way to the van when you attacked me,” Josh laughed.

“So can you give me a ride?”

“What do you think, short stuff?” I slapped his shoulder and he let me down. I climbed into the van with the five boys and we left. I quickly texted Savana to tell her I left.

Jimmie amused us in the back while Dave drove. I jumped out of the van once it stopped. “Thanks for the ride!” I called.

I pulled out my phone and dialed Maika’s number. “Melody?”

“What room number are you in?”

“Two fifteen, why?”

“I’ll be up in a minute.” I smiled to myself as I hung up. I pressed the buttons for the elevator and was at his door before I knew it. My stomach was doing flips as I knocked on the door.

He smiled. “Well aren’t you a sight for sore eyes?” I stood on tiptoe and kissed him, wrapping my arms around his neck. He pulled me into the room and closed the door with his foot. He picked me up and wrapped my legs around his waist.

I attempted to unbutton his shirt before he laid me on the bed. He kissed my neck and slowly trailed kisses down my chest. He briefly brought his lips back to mine. “Are you ready?” he whispered.

“For what?” I asked, my heart thumping out of control.

He smirked. “For me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Short sucky chapter. Terribly sorry.
I feel horrible. I don't know if I'm going to post in the morning, but I will try. <3

Tumblr
Twitter
Formspring

Hey, go check out Jenna's stories.
If you read Promise the Stars by my dearest Jenna, keep an eye out for a strange girl. Her name should be Lizz. Remind you of anybody? ;D

Anyway, I'm done with the link overload.
Leave some love.

XOX
Lizz