Girl I Know

Chapter 24

Blade turned around and looked in the direction where Lyric was pointing. He froze when he saw her huddled up in the corner of her closet. When he was able to get his legs to move again he ran over to the closet as fast as he could.

“Melody” he said her name as he put his hand on her arm. Her face was covered in bruises and there was a large cut on her left cheek. Her dress had been ripped to shreds and stained with her own blood. She sat with her knees up to her chest and her arms wrapped around her legs. From what he could see, there wasn’t an inch of her that wasn’t bruised. Her arm had dried sticky blood from what appeared to be a deep cut.

Melody started screaming as soon as Blade touched her and pushed his hand away in an attempt at fighting for her life. “Leave me alone!” she screamed as loud as she could and tried to scratch his face, but he grabbed her hands.

“Melody, it’s me. Stop it!” Blade yelled and she looked up at his face. When she saw his face she started to calm herself down, but she was still shaking.

“Help me” she cried and he reached for her.

“Can you walk?” he asked

“No, I think he broke my ankle” she was crying even harder now as Blade looked down at her swollen ankle.

“Ok” he whispered and lifted her in his arms. “Where are your car keys?”

“On the hook in the kitchen” she answered and held on to him for dear life. Blade looked at Legend and he nodded and went to the kitchen to get her car keys.

“HONEY, I’M HOME. COME OUT COME OUT WHEREVER YOU ARE!” Melody started to cry again when she heard Dante’s voice. Blade was seething with rage, but he wasn’t going to put Melody down she needed a doctor.

“I got this. Get her out of here” Lyric walked into the living room and met Legend who was standing in the doorway between the kitchen and living room. It was Legend who spoke first.

“Here I am lover, I hope your brought me flowers so I have something to stick on the top of your fucking grave after we kill you” Legend smiled as he looked at Dante.

When Blade walked out of the bedroom with Melody in his arms, Dante shook his head and smiled. “Well, the gang’s all here. Now it’s a party.”

“You son of a bitch” Blade spoke as he glared at Dante who just stood there and laughed.

“I would really appreciate it if you would put my girlfriend down and leave now”

“no” Melody cried and buried her face in Blade’s neck.

“Get out of the way”

Dante stepped aside and held the door open for Blade to leave with Melody. “Remember what I said about your mother, Melody” he winked at her as Blade walked her through the door and she started to cry hysterically.

Blade opened the passenger side of Melody’s car and set her down in the seat. “ow” she winced at the pain that shot through her body.

“I’m sorry,” he whispered sympathetically as he pulled the seatbelt across her chest.

When she was fastened into the seat he closed the door and walked around to the other side of the car and got in the driver’s seat so he could take her to the hospital.

While he drove Melody to the hospital, Lyric and Legend planned to take a drive of their own.

“Let’s go for a drive,” Lyric said grabbing Dante by the collar of his shirt as Legend followed behind. They found Dante’s car parked right out front and shoved him in the backseat.

On the way to the hospital Blade took out his cell phone and dialed his father.

“Where the hell are you?” Zacky answered the phone annoyed that his son had taken the groom and left the reception nearly an hour ago.

“I’m on my way to the hospital. Get Brian and meet us there.”

“What? What the hell happened?”

“I can’t explain over the phone. Something happened to Melody. Just hurry up ok?”

“Ok” Zacky hung up the phone and ran into the house. He found Brian talking with Matt in the kitchen.

He stood there trying to catch his breath before speaking while Matt and Brian stood there looking at him.

“What is the matter with you?” Matt asked.

“Blade” Zacky said as his breath started to return to normal. “He said to meet him at the hospital something happened to Melody, but he didn’t say what it was”

Brian stormed out of the kitchen passed Zacky while Matt followed behind him.
“I’ll drive” Matt yelled and Brian nodded as they walked to Matt’s vehicle.

Zacky went to find Sydney and Stormy to fill them in on the phone call that he had received from his son.

Meanwhile….

Blade pulled up to the entrance of the emergency room, jumped out of the car and raced around to the passenger side to get Melody. When he opened the door he reached for her seatbelt. “Melody?” he called her name, but she didn’t open her eyes.

“Melody wake up” he tried shaking her, but she didn’t respond.

“GOD DAMN IT!” he shouted looking up at the sky as he lifted her out of the car into his arms.