Girl I Know

Chapter 28

One day later…

The police were investigating Dante’s death and all three boys stuck to their stories as they were each questioned. First they were all questioned alone and secondly they were questioned together. Not one confessed in the presence of the police to the killing as Legend had done in front of his father, Matt, Brian and Zacky.

Unfortunately, for Lyric, he was the prime suspect. No one had thought to take into consideration that there could be cameras at the hospital. No one considered the fact that Lyric had lied to the doctors and told them he was Dante’s brother and no one considered the fact that the doctors had given only him Dante’s room number.

Everyone was holed up at the mansion when the police showed up to arrest Lyric. With all the statements from the hospital staff and his images on the screen, it was all the evidence they needed to take Lyric into custody for Dante’s murder.

Two detectives stood in the living room along two police officers. One officer was about to read Lyric his rights while the other was about to handcuff him when one man stood and spoke up in Lyric’s defense.

“It wasn’t Lyric. It was me, I did it.”

Everyone in the room looked at him with shocked expressions on their faces. Brian stood up to protest, but it wasn’t going to make a difference.

“Do you realize what you are saying?” The detective asked

“Yes, I am confessing to the murder of Dante DeLuca”

“NO! He’s lying!” Lyric shouted

“Are you telling the truth?” The detective asked

“Yes, sir. It was me, I did it” He held out his arms so they could cuff him and everyone in the room watched as he was read his rights. They led him out the door to the waiting squad car and Sydney collapsed into Brian’s arms as her husband was taken away.

“No no no, don’t let them take Matt” she cried and pleaded with Brian, but there was nothing he could do. Matt made the confession in front of four officials.

Johnny had taken it upon himself to leave the room and call their lawyer figuring Matt was going to need all the help he could get. Lyric was so angry with his father he picked up a lamp from the table and threw it across the room.

“Hey!” Jimmy shouted and grabbed Lyric by the arm “Do you really think your mother needs to watch you throw a temper tantrum right now?”

When Johnny came back into the room he walked over to Brian. “The lawyer is on his way to the police station right now”

“Thanks” Brian nodded as he stood there trying to comfort Sydney. “Can you stay with Syd, I’m going to go down there”

“Yeah sure” Johnny nodded.

Over in the corner Blade stood alone and when Zacky walked up to him he straightened up and faced his father. “How are you holding up?”

“It wasn’t supposed to be like this” Blade answered him as he shoved his hands in his pockets. “I think I’m going to go see Melody”

“Ok, call me if you need me” Zacky hugged Blade just before Blade left to go to the hospital.

Meanwhile, at the hospital…

Melody lay in her bed watching television as her eyes were fluttering up and down between open and closed. She felt herself falling asleep and as many times she tried to keep her heavy lids from staying closed, she finally lost out and gave in to sleep.

She never heard the footsteps approaching her bed. She never felt the cold eyes staring at her with malicious intent as they watched her sleeping. Melody did however open her eyes when she felt the pillow being pulled from under her head.

Having been woken up unexpectedly, Melody gasped and looked up at the person holding the pillow. “What the hell are you doing here?”

“An eye for an eye bitch” was all Melody heard before the pillow was placed over her face.