Status: Finished!

On a Lonely Night

Chapter 21.

It was nearing 2:00 am and Nick and I were still sitting on Halvo’s couch, wide-awake.

“I missed you,” He said for the millionth time, his arm wrapped around my shoulder, holding me into him tightly.
I giggled, “I gathered that.”
He nodded eagerly before kissing my forehead softly, “You really have no idea.”
I shook my head, “I don’t understand you, Nick.”
He pulled me back at an arms length and raised an eyebrow, “What do you mean?”
I thought about everything running through my mind when I stepped up to Halvo’s porch and what I should say now. It took me a good five minutes to put the right words together.

“I’ve done so much shit to you and I even doubted your feelings but you stayed by me and you still wanted me. It makes so sense.”
He shrugged, “I love you and I know that you love me.”
I nodded, “I know but I’ve been such a dumb whore.”
He laughed, pulling me back into him, “I can’t help loving you.”
I peeked up at him through my hair; he was perfect and I couldn’t help my next action. I kissed him softly, resulting in more kisses shared between us. The kissing continued forever it seemed like. We sat there like that until at least 3am when Halvo came in rather noisily yelling, “NICHOLAAAS!”
Nick groaned, pulling away from me a bit, “What do you want, Eric?”

Halvo stopped in the door way to the living room, “Ohhh, I see.”
I was now looking at him too; Nick and I glared until Halvo spoke again.
“Geeeez, soooorry! I’m just trying to have a little fun here.”
I rolled my eyes, “Get in here, Halvo.”
He smiled and cheered, “I love you guys!”
He came over and sat himself right on my lap, causing me to laugh.
Now Nick’s eyes rolled as he crossed his arms across his chest and furrowed his eyebrows, “Not fair.”
Halvo winked at me before rolling onto Nick’s lap, cuddling into him like a cat.
I guffawed, “How cute.”
Nick grumbled, pushing Halvo off of him and onto the floor.
I gasped, “Nick! That’s no way to treat your guitar player!”
A small smile formed on his face as he looked over at me, “You’re funny.”
I grinned sheepishly, sliding onto the floor to join Halvo.
He wrapped his arm around my waist and snuggled into my back.
Nick’s expression was angry watching us but Halvo was like my brother, John’s best friend, Nick’s almost best friend, nothing more than that.

“You guys can get up any time now,” Nick said hesitantly.
I smiled to myself at Nick’s jealousy before quickly peeling myself away from Halvo and jumping up into Nick’s arms. He barely saw it coming.
His arms slowly wrapped around the middle of my back while my legs wrapped around his waist. I was looking down at him now and he looked back at me.
Halvo sighed, sitting up, “Fine, I’ll go, just wait til I leave the room.”
Nick and I didn’t answer we just stayed there, watching each other.

As soon as we heard Halvo’s door shut, we began kissing and we didn’t stop until we were in Nick’s room, lying on his bed.
“Miriam,” Nick whispered my name into my ear, his lips grazing my neck, sending goose bumps across the surface of my pale skin.
“I love you, Nick,” I felt like it had to be said again.
He stopped kissing my neck and held himself over me, “Will you be my girlfriend, Miri?”
I nearly stopped breathing. I’m sure my expression was strange because Nick grinned at me. I didn’t even answer him. Instead, I scooted out from under him and sat up. He looked up at me with a questioning look.
I smiled, “Come on,” taking his hand and picking him up off the bed.
“No answer?” He asked desperately as we headed down the hall and out the door.
“You can drive,” I grinned, nodding towards his car.
He nodded slowly, obviously still confused.
He unlocked the car and I got in the passenger side.
Before he started the car he turned to me, “I’m really confused, Miri.”
“Just drive, Nick,” I replied.
“To where?”
I shrugged, “Anywhere, just drive.”
I think he caught on because he smiled and leaned towards the radio and pressed play on the CD in the slot.
The sweet sound of Johnny Cash filled the air and it felt like we were teenagers in Ohio again.


Nick and I were parked in the 8123 parking lot, listening to Johnny Cash and laying in the back seat only half clothed.
Our shirts were off and Nick was in the process of unhooking my bra.
He kissed my collarbone gently, “Miri,” he spoke before kissing me again, “I’m not going to hurt you again, as long as you won’t leave me.”
I nodded, “Never again.”
“I’ll never break your heart, Miri, I swear. You’re the world to me,” He kissed me again, “I love you.”
I felt a blush creep up onto my cheeks, “I love you too.”
I reached down and unbuttoned his jeans, sliding them down his hips slowly.
When they were off he jumped up, “OH! I forgot.”
I gave him a strange look, “What?”
“I wanted you to hear this song,” He leaned into the front to change the CD.
I sighed, frustrated.

The song began and Nick joined me in the back again. Clothes proceeded to come off and while we were making out, I focused on the lyrics as hard as I could, even though it was hard.

“I was sixteen, met you out in Ohio
You were only fifteen, living life by the mile
We laid under the stars, fell asleep in your backyard
You said you could fly,
but you never need to cause with us you never try too hard
And you never will
On a lonely night, you will see
you're everything to me
On a lonely night, oh the truth
Is every night is lonely without you
every night is lonely without you here.”


The lyrics were enough to make me cry, but I contained myself.
Nick pulled out a condom but I stopped him for a minute, “I love this song.”
The grin on his face was the biggest I’d ever seen and it didn’t leave his face the whole time. It was there while we were having sex, it was there while we lay there afterwards, talking. It was even there when he fell asleep and when he woke up in the morning. We weren’t lonely anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter: Short. Ending: Corny. Don't kill me. IT'S OVER THOUGH!!! GASP***

Subtitle: Sugar Skulls by Envy on the Coast ~

I want to thank each and every one of you for commenting on this story and being so dedicated and subscribing!!! <3

I may have to pick back up with my Summer Set story, if anyone is interested?

Let me know what you thought of this ending!

ps. Anyone wanna write me a one shot? I'm feelin' John O right now ;)