Status: Completed

You're Not in This Alone.

Chapter Twenty

I took one last look at the city, looking so different. The darkness falling in gave it an eerily calm look. I shuddered and grabbed Gerard's hand as we went to leave the building. We went back to our hotel and decided to pack and go home. I curled up in the front seat and fell asleep. I knew I was out, because the next thing I knew, I was waking up to guitar strumming and soft voices. It was morning, and I was in Gerard's bed. I got out, put on my glasses, ran a hand through my hair, and headed for the door. The noises were in the room across the hall. I peeked in and saw Gerard and Frank working on something.

"Hey, Lis," Gerard said. "Sleep well?"

"I guess. The last thing I remember was curling up in the front seat of your car." I took a seat next to him. "Whatcha working on?"

"Trying to write a song. A lot of words came to me yesterday."

"So, are you getting the band back together?"

"I dunno. I haven't gotten ahold of Bob or Ray, and Frank's got his other band."

"We went over that," I said, rolling my eyes. "I'm gonna head home for a while. Shower, dress, and clean a bit. See you guys later."

"Bye," both of them said.

I headed home and went to my room after seeing if my mom was gone yet. She was, so I went for a shower. I got dressed in a pair of ripped jeans, and a black Green Day shirt. I dried my hair and straightened it. When I was done trying to make myself look good, I cleaned up a little of the house and then went on my computer. I sent out a few e-mails to friends and family.

Torosaur: Hey!

Lisa: Whoa! Hey. Wasn't expecting a thing to pop up.

Torosaur: Sorry. I got your message the other day. How was it?

Lisa: Fun, until I saw the planes crash.

Torosaur: You saw it?

Lisa: Gerard was in his thing, so I was wandering around and saw it all.

Torosaur: Glad you two are ok.

Lisa: Thanks. Hey listen. Gerard was shaken, and thinking. He wants to try the band thing again.

Torosaur: Cool, but what about Bob and Frank?

Lisa: I dunno: Gee and Frank are working on something though.

Torosaur: Well?

Lisa: What are you up to then?

Torosaur: Nothing. We’ll swing by and check it out.

Lisa: Cool. See you.

Torosaur has signed off.

Bob nor Natalie were on, so I sent Bob an e-mail explaining everything. After that, I ran back to Gerard’s house.