Status: Completed

You're Not in This Alone.

Chapter 28

“Lis, wake up,” someone said.

I opened my eyes and nearly fell off the other side of the bed. Nick’s face was right there.

“What?” I grumbled.

“You wanna go? Tori’s gonna be out for a long while. At least three more hours.”

“Kay. Give me a minute.”

I got up, showered and dressed in under a half hour. We went to a jewelry store and started looking around. We picked out a simple silver diamond ring. On our way to pick up breakfast, I explained my idea to Nick.

“Do the two of you have a spot where you like to be alone?”

“There’s this tree in the cemetery where we like to sit and chill.”

“Cool. Then what we’re gonna do is…” I explained my idea.

“You are creative. A creative genius.” He grinned.

“I amaze myself sometimes. When do you wanna do it?”

“I dunno. Your last night here?”

“Ok. We all sneak out on her and you go to your spot, and we’ll do the rest.”

~ ~ ~

“Tori! I gotta to check something. I’ll be right back!” Nick shouted.

“Kay!”

That was my mark. I waited a few minutes before doing my part. I went out to the
balcony and gave the signal to Kristen, who took off. Two minutes later, I heard the noise outside the door.

“What the hell was that?” Tori asked.

“Came from the hallway,” I said.

“I’ll check it out.”

I watched her walk out the door a ways. She was saying something, but I
couldn’t understand. Something about Halloween. Then I heard the muffled yell. Kristen popped in and gave the thumbs up. I went with her to the car and I got in the driver’s seat. I took off to our destination. Tori was quiet most of the way: until we had to walk.

“What’s this all about?” she asked.

“You’ll see,” Quinn said, and we all laughed as evilly as we could.

“Hey, boss, what do we do with her?” I asked Nick.

“Before we get rid of her, I just got one question.” He motioned to remove the blindfold. “Tori, will you marry me?”

She looked around quickly, then at Nick, then at the ring.

“I dunno. You guys scared the shit outta me. And I’m sure you were the
ringleader.”

“No, Lisa was. So, will you?”

“Of course I will, dummy. I love you.” She hugged him and the three of us awed.

We did a little celebrating, but since I had a flight in the morning, I had to go to
bed early. They took me to the airport in the morning and I gave everyone hugs.

“It felt good being home again. You guys gotta come visit us sometime,” I said.

“We will,” Tori said. “Have a safe flight.”

“I will. Bye.”