Status: Completed :D

A Lesson in Relationships

Chapter 11

We (Alex’s parents, and me), had convinced Alex to take this to the police. It had taken us two days to convince him, two long days, but we got him here and that’s all that matters. Well that was actually five days ago, we’re now in court.

I’m sitting next to Alex, who is clearly uncomfortable and this is definitely the last place on earth he wants to be. He rubs at his arm, self consciously, glancing around the court room. He pokes my arm and I turn and smile.

“Yeah, Lex?”

“Maybe… maybe I shouldn’t do this. I can deal with what happened. I’m going to go to the groups.” His voice is careful.

“Lex,” I say my voice soft, “I understand that. I’m glad you’re going to go to the groups, but what if he does it to someone else? What if he tries to do it to you again?”

His eyes drop, “You’re right.” I grab his hand and interlock our fingers. I run my thumb over them and give them a light squeeze.

“Lex, I’m here for you. Everything will be fine.” The court door opens and we both turn. In walks Prin. Berri, Alex instantly pales. He turns and looks into my eyes.

‘It’ll be okay’ I mouth and he nods, eyes going to the bracelets on his arms.

Prin. Berri takes a seat on the other side of the court room. He looks over at us and smirks. Alex shudders and inches into me. I stroke his hair and his parents stare at us with concern.

I throw my head in the direction of Prin. Berri. They stand up and trade seats with Alex and I. Minutes later the judge walks in and we all stand.

“Mr. Berri,” the judge speaks and Prin. Berri acknowledges him, “How do you plead?”

“Guilty sir. I am fully aware of what I did, but I was just giving the fag what he wanted.” He glances at Alex, who flinches at the word, ‘fag’.

The trial had begun…

A little later Alex gets called up to the stand, by his lawyer. He reluctantly gets up and takes a seat in front of the whole court.

His lawyer begins to talk, moving his hands around as he does so, “So Alex, you’re eighteen, right?” Alex nods. I never really understood why lawyers asked questions they knew the answer to. It was just like the teachers at school.

“Now, Alex, why don’t you tell us how this whole thing unfolded?”

Alex nods and begins the story, “Um, it was Friday. I was right outside of Latin and I um, kissed my boyfriend, Jack, on the cheek. Prin. Berri saw and gave me detention. I, um, went to the detention and that’s-… that’s when it happened. That’s when he raped me.” His eyes start tearing up and he looks down, ashamed of what happened.

“That’s all.” His lawyer sits down and the other stands up.

He looks up at Alex with un-amused eyes. “Now, Alex are you gay?”

“Yes,” he nods, “I am.”

“Have you ever had sex before, with a male?”
Alex blushes and nods, “Yes I have.”

“Was my client, Mr. Berri, your first time?” He asks.

Alex shakes his head, “No, it was with my boyfriend, Jack.”

This whole procedure of asking, pointless question, followed by important question, continued on for two more hours. Alex’s level of being comfortable changed quickly. He could stay still the whole time the jury was deliberating. I leaned my head on his shoulder, a sad attempt to get him to stay still.

The doors open and the jury makes it back to their seats.

“And how does the jury find Mr. Christopher Berri?” The judge asks, the one jury member who is standing up.

“We, the jury find Mr. Christopher Berri, guilty for first degree rape.” The jury member responds.

Alex breaks out in tears and hugs me closely. His hands clutched my shirt. “We did it. We did it.” He chants. “Thank you Jack, for being there for me.”

I rub his back and move the hair out of his eyes so I can see them. I don’t here the rest of what the judge has to say. All I do notice is Alex, and that he looks the happiest he has in days.
♠ ♠ ♠
yup and if this is weird sorry! Wrote this while listening to Legend of Zelda music XD! New Chapter soon.
And I'm posting a new story, it isn't a Jalex tho...

Here