Annabelle

One

The cool morning breeze swept through the slightly open window, the light sound of chirping birds in the far distance. Aubrey sat soundlessly at the small countertop, the only dining area in the small and confined apartment. Steam arose from the scoldingly hot coffee in front of her, The sweet aroma of the freshly brewed beans filling her small nostrils. It was the only quiet time she got to herself in the morning; Barely and noise heard through the apartment building. The sun still hadn’t ascended, Only a light pinkish orange tint in the sky.

She was bound to wake at any moment, I was almost certain. At her young and tender age, she acted almost abnormal; for she was utterly smart. It was beyond my mind where she’d gotten her brains from. He’d barely passed High School, having to make up his credits during the summer. It seemed like forever ago, when in reality, It was no more than five years. Letting a small sigh escape my mouth, I sat back staring out the dimly lit window. Sleep hadn’t come as easy the last week; for no apparent reason.

Hearing light footsteps in the near distance, I slowly turned my head, her tiny head peaking behind the wall. A small smile formed on my lips, her small body wrapping around my legs. Her pink nightgown sat loosely on her small frame, small hearts making a pattern along the stitching. Slowly lifting her up into my arms, I pressed my lips to her warm forehead, lingering there slightly. Her small hands curled into balls, rubbing her eyes softy. Letting out a small laugh, she sat down on the bar stool, sitting criss cross. Smiling, I pushed her in slowly, walking into the small kitchen. I collected her favorite purple bowl, along with coco crisps. Pouring the cereal slowly into the circular container, the milk followed; along with a small spoon.

“Mommy?” A soft whisper came from behind me, a melodic tune in her voice. Looking over at her questionably, placing the bowl in front of her. Her bright blue eyes looked up slowly at my brown ones, her hair; which was almost as Identical to my own, hung loosely just barely reaching over her shoulders. Her skin was smooth, her lips giving off a light pink tint. Her nails were a deeper shade of purple; one of her favorite colors. Small gold hoops sat perfectly on her earlobe, just the right size. Giving her a light nod, She opened her lips slowly, scooping in the energy filled breakfast.

“Are we going shopping today?” She asked casually, a dry laugh escaping my parted lips. A smile formed on her lips as well, making mine wider.

“I’m not sure Honey.” I grinned, starting to clean up the mess I’d made. I was anal; ever since I was a child. Everything was neat, rarely ever a time you would find something out of place. Satisfied with the now cleaned kitchen, I scooped her frail figure into my arms, her head crooking into my neck. Her white door came into view, the door still slightly open. She quickly escaped my grip, walking over to her closet. Struggling to open the heavy door, she mumbled something to herself before I helped her out.

Many colors were before my eyes, small shoes sitting in a line on the hardwood floor. Her small short arms got grasp of a purple dress, the light fabric quickly falling into her arms. She grinned, handing to me slowly. She loved doing things for herself; The feeling of success always put a bright smile on her face.

She quickly undressed, slipping on white tights, the dress following. Tugging at the hems, she huffed, slipping on her shiny black slipper shoes. Taking her brush, I slowly combed through her soft hair, pulling it back behind her. Clipping her bangs off to the side, She smiled looking in the mirror. Taking a peak in the mirror myself, I saw a beautiful girl, her small features showing greatly. Next to her was a broken girl, Shattered inside. She was the one who’d kept me going all these years, the only reason I was living today. She was my entire life, and I was sure that nothing was ever going to change that.

“Annabelle,” I whispered slowly, causing her eyes to divert to my own. She clung to both of my legs, a usual habit he had. Ruffling her soft hair, she smiled up at me, giggling.

“I love you Mommy.” she whispered back, my heart melting in warmth. Picking up her slowly, I kissed her cheek quickly, shutting her bedroom light off, walking back into the kitchen, near the door.

“I love you too kiddo.” I murmured back quietly, her arms clinging around my neck. My purse and jacket found its way to my free hand, the other supporting her weight. Locking the apartment door, I headed down a flight of stairs, taking a deep breath.
♠ ♠ ♠
New Storyy! ;] ;]

I wrote the first half of this chapter a while ago in a notebook; The idea just stuck to me & I knew i had to write it.

Comment and Subscriptions would be nice(:

-Tina