Status: Dedicated to The Rev - fo[REV]er

Speak No Evil

nine.

“Come on Emily, it’s not that cold.” Brian taunted her as she stood a few inches away from where the crashing waves landed. Brian stood in the ocean ankle deep with his jeans rolled up his knees. She looked at him with her eyes wide wondering what he was on about, the water was freezing.

“Look if you don’t come in out of your own free will then I will drag you in here myself, comprende?” taking a few steps back she shook her head, refusing to step foot in the water. Brian held up his hand showing her five fingers, slowly each one went down giving her a warning to either come in or run. She chose the second option.

Fighting against the waves he ran out the water and began chasing her down the shoreline. She ran as fast as she could, dodging everyone in her way. Chancing a look behind her to see where Brian was she managed to trip over a small four year old boy and into the sand castle he was making. The boy started to cry when he saw his now destroyed sandcastle that Emily was now lying in. Getting up she didn’t know what to do, her notebook was with her bag where her and Brian first sat so she couldn’t tell the angry mother that she was sorry.

“… my son has spent an hour on his sandcastle and you have no decency to say sorry. Those doe eyes might work on men but they most certainly don’t work on me. Are you going to apologise.” The mother’s screaming gave Brian enough time to catch up with them, looking confused as to why Emily was being shouted out.

“’Scuse me mam, what is the problem?” he asked her politely. Looking him up and down she looked disgusted by his tattoos before answering him,

“Your girlfriend here destroyed my sons’ sandcastle that he has spent an hour on whilst being chased by you, then she has no decency to apologise for it! All she is doing is staring at me!” the women fumed at a shocked Brian.

“Okay for one, she is not my girlfriend she is my friend. For two, she would apologise if she could speak. Unfortunately she cannot and her notebook is with her bag up there where we were originally sitting. If you gave someone half a chance before bitching them out and not being so judgemental of people maybe we could’ve solved this a lot more civilly.” He squatted down next to the crying boy and tapped his shoulder, “Hello, what’s your name?”

“G-G-Gavin,” the young boy sniffled out his name quietly,

“Hello Gavin I am Brian. My friend here Emily, is very sorry for knocking over your sandcastle she didn’t see it as I was chasing her so I could throw her in the ocean.” Gavin laughed quietly, “Emily would have said sorry but unfortunately she cannot speak so that is why I have to say sorry for her. Is she forgiven?” Gavin nodded and held out his hand for Brian to shake, “Thank you Gavin, have fun making another one that is bigger and better yeah?” Gavin nodded again. Brian stood up looking at Gavin’s gob smacked mother, “I’ve apologised to your son as I think he does deserve one, you however? Not so much. Come on Emily.” Taking Emily right hand he pulled her along after she waved goodbye to Gavin.

Going over to her bag she picked up her notepad and pen and started writing,

It is good you didn’t throw me in the ocean Brian, it would’ve fucked up my bandage :)

“Oh yeah, how is your foot?” he asked having forgotten about it completely,

Better now, I can walk on it but it still hurts when to much pressure is put onto it,

“That’s good.” He smiled and looked down at his watch, “Think it is time to go back now, it’s getting late.” She smiled at him and nodded putting her flip flops back on. After picking up her bag she followed Brian back to his car.

Thanks for today, it was really nice :)

Brian smiled at Emily as she showed it to him after pulling up by Jimmy and Leana’s house. “Your welcome, sorry for dragging you out all of a sudden.”

That’s okay :)

Getting out of the car she waved goodbye to him before walking up to the front door. She knocked not yet having a key and waited patiently for Leana or Jimmy to open it up. A couple of minutes went past before a very dishevelled looking Leana opened the door. Her hair was everywhere, her make up smeared randomly down her face; her face also glistened from sweat.

“Oh Emily, hello? Though you wouldn’t be back for a while, when Brian is in that mood he is unpredictable. Shit, come in.” As she walked into the living room she saw all of the cushions thrown about, the backs of the couches were at weird angles from being pushed about. Leana and Jimmy’s tops were laying in opposite corners of the room, Leana’s bra hanging off of the flat screen.

“Sorry, we decided to have some fun and thought we would be able to sort everything out before you got back.” She gave Emily a sheepish smile.

Its okay, think I might go to sleep I am still knackered seeing as someone woke me up this morning.

“Babe, who’s at the door? Are you coming back… Oh hey Emily!” Jimmy waved at Emily from the top of the stairs. Emily waved and wrote on the notepad again then showed it to Leana with a sly smirk.

Carry on I’ll listen to my iPod your rooms a couple away anyway right?

Leana smiled at Emily and told her night. Walking past Jimmy he waved at her then ran down the stairs attacking Leana again.

Walking into her room, she changed into her pyjamas and closed the curtains. Getting out her iPod she selected her night time Playlist that contained slow soothing songs to help her fall asleep. Just as she put her phones down on the bedside table she received a text through to the sidekick. Picking it up she was curious as to who had text her.

Hey, thanks for a great time today :) x

She smiled at the text from Brian telling him thanks as well and that she was going to try and sleep to let Jimmy and Leana continue their fun. Just as she was about to doze off the phone rung again, picking it up she saw he had replied, opening it up she smiled at the text he sent,

Ah they are having fun are they ;) haha. If it gets to much you can always come and sleep here, they can get very loud x

That is what and ipod is for ay? ;) Thanks for the offer, I’ll see how it goes night :) x

Okay then, night :) sweet dreams x
♠ ♠ ♠
Brian is adorable x)

Happy belated birthday Johnny Christ

Thanks for the comments

fictionsymphony
Fallin_For_You
mistery gurl
DeathbatScreamer
Scorpianram99
Pansyx3