Status: Dedicated to The Rev - fo[REV]er

Speak No Evil

sixteen.

Dear Diary,

Yesterday and today were meant to be relaxing days for me. I asked Leana if she could take me down to the beach to have some time to myself but due to her hangover Jimmy ended up taking me. Well after I finished writing my entry in here for the previous day I thought I would spend a couple of hours writing, editing and maybe taking a stroll down the shops. My plans were ruined though when Matt’s dog almost knocked me over. Against my will he sat down with me. Don’t get me wrong Leana and Jimmy’s friends are lovely and all it’s just… there’s something about Matt. I think it is his muscles and when he raised his voice at the barbeque the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. If I didn’t know he was a musician I would honestly think him a wrestler.

Thinking about it now I am glad that he came and sat with me. It gave me a chance to get to know him. I must give him credit, he had the balls to ask me why I tense and flinch, especially around him. I gathered up the courage and told him… well more like showed him articles when he took me to the library. I am glad I told him, I’m glad that someone other than Jimmy and Leana know, and now I know not only have I got someone else who knows but someone I know I can trust.

Showing him those articles though did give me another nightmare. Not only that but it’s coming to that time of year that they become more frequent anyway but this time when I woke up it seemed that I couldn’t get the feeling of his hands ’lovingly’ caressing my cheek or her sharp nails in my scalp away from me. Even now I can still feel it on my skin just thinking about it.

Today Leana and Jimmy went out for the day, leaving me here alone. Something I am happy about as I miss being on my own sometimes. I spent most of the time relaxing and managed to get on Skype at the same time as Megan. We had a long needed catch up, I never thought in two weeks so much would happen. That catch up was however interrupted by Zacky and Brian, who may I add gave Megan a heart attack.

They are still here now with me waiting for Leana and Jimmy to get back from their time at the fair. They are watching a game of baseball on the TV randomly groaning and cheering. I honestly don’t understand what is going on. Both have hardly moved only to grab a drink or two. It’s like watching a pair of gorillas on the wildlife channel except instead of being in a jungle or enclosure they are in a house.

Not much more can be said, I may text my sister in a moment and see how she is. Well until tomorrow…

Emily x


-------

Brian smiled from the doorway as he watched Emily sleep. She hadn’t even made it under the covers before she had crashed. After a few moments of watching her he took his hands from his pockets and walked over to wake her up. Perching on the edge of the bed, he gently shook her shoulder.

“Emily, wake up. Come on otherwise you’re gonna miss dinner.” Emily’s hand came up and swatted his away. “Fine then. If you don’t wake up then I am going to have to throw you in the pool.” She lifted her head up slightly and glared at him through half open eyes. “That a girl. Come on dinner’s ready.” Hitting her head against the mattress, she accepted Brian’s hand to help her up and rubbed the sleep from her eyes as she followed him downstairs.

“Look who’s awoken from the dead.” Zacky chuckled as she entered the dining room. She flipped him the bird then proceeded to redo her hair to put the place back in the pieces of hair that had fallen from the pony tail in her sleep.

“Oh someone’s cranky.” He teased as she glared at him.

“Oh hush Zacky, you’re no sleeping beauty yourself.” Leana spoke as she placed down a plate of food in front of him and where Brian was sat. He pulled a face in reply as she went to grab her own plate and the salad. They made general conversation throughout the meal, mostly the guys telling Jimmy about the baseball game they had watched earlier. Zacky seemed pleased with the team that won, Brian not so much.

After dinner the guys retired to the living room. Emily helped Leana clear the table and rinse then load the dishes into the dishwasher. Moments after Emily loaded the last dish, Zacky walked past her out to the garden speaking rapidly in Italian, meaning either his mom or Annaliese was on the other end of the phone.

Leana and Emily made their way into the living room with drinks and sat on the unoccupied couch. Brian and Jimmy had set up Guitar Hero 5 and were searching through song choices. Selecting Psychosocial by Slipknot they begun. Jimmy’s arms moved exceedingly slower then what people usually saw on the fake drums as Brian struggled to press the right buttons on the guitar. They completed the song with Jimmy scoring 90% and Brian a measly 65%.

“Stupid guitar, they should create one with strings, then I’ll show ‘em who’s boss.” Brian murmured under his breath selecting another song. Taking a quick sip of his beer he hit play and they begun.

After a few minutes of watching Brian and Jimmy play, Zacky popped his head around the entry way. “Bye guys, have to jet. Annaliese said my parents are at the house and am wondering where I am. Thanks for the dinner Le, night guys.” With a final wave he closed the front door behind him. The remaining two men looked at each other and with a shrug continued their game.

“Fuck! I hate this game! Le, Em, want a go?” Brian asked as he managed to fail halfway through a song. Leana shook her head pointed to Emily, “Emily would.” Glaring at Leana, Emily shrugged and moved out of her seat to sit on the floor in front of Brian.

“Now don’t worry Em if you can’t do it, it is very hard.” Emily rolled her eyes as Jimmy told her to choose a song. Brian chuckled as she chose one of the harder songs guitar wise thinking in his head how she would fail within moments like he did. “Damn Em,” he gave a low whistle, “that’s songs pretty tricky.” Shrugging again Emily turned to look at Jimmy to gauge his reaction. He smiled at her and signalled for her to press start. Brian watched as she played almost effortlessly missing only a few notes.

Jimmy laughed at Brian’s face and gave Emily a high five. “And you’re meant to be the rockstar Gates. What happened there then?” Jimmy burst out laughing again when he finished his sentence. Brian slapped Jimmy round the head to which he got a drumstick to the chest.

“Okay guys, enough now I think. Care to play something else?” Leana asked. They all nodded in agreement, Brian and Jimmy carefully putting away the fake instruments as Leana and Emily spread the rest of the games for the Wii on the floor. Closing her eyes Leana felt around a bit before picking up a case.

“Just Dance? Really Leana, really?” she just smiled and nodded at Brian as he pulled a face,

“And for that Haner, you can go first.” His eyes became wide as she smirked and put the disk in the console,

“Come on Brian get your hips moving to the beat.” Jimmy smiled, moving his hips for emphasis. “We’ll do two players and I say we dance to Surfing Bird.” Brian begrudgingly agreed and took the gaming control from Jimmy and begun setting up the game. The beginning notes of Surfing Bird began with Jimmy taking every move to the extreme and Brian only half-heartedly dancing.

The four continued on playing throughout the night, the winner staying on each round (meaning the majority of games were played by Jimmy). After a few beers Brian loosened up and managed to take the piss out of the dance moves. They ended up in teams, Brian and Emily vs. Jimmy and Leana. In their eyes from then on the game became serious, losers having to be recorded doing the most embarrassing dance on the game to be posted on youtube and for Jimmy and Brian’s sake it would be sent to Deathbat News.

“You so cheated! We should be winning not in a tie, you cannot just accidentally bump into me halfway through the song.” Brian screamed outraged at what Jimmy had done. He made sure to use air quotes around the word accidentally to emphasise his sarcasm.

“Take it like a man. Oh one moment you’re to busy dancing and acting like a pansy.” Jimmy cackled in reply,

“Why I ought to…” Brian went to charge when Leana stepped between the two,

“Guys I think we should finish this now, the competition is getting to your head.” She spoke calmly as Emily switched off the game,

“What about our bet? Brian’s got to dance funny.”

“I’ve got to dance funny? Sorry but if I am not mistaken me and Emily here were winning before you cheated.” Brian bought Emily under his arm with a triumphant smile,

“Nuh uh, I can’t help that you fell. Leana and I were way better then you and Emily over there.” Pulling herself from Brian’s hold Emily signed something to Leana who nodded in agreement.

“Nicely said Em.” Both men gave Leana expectant looks to explain, “She said either both of you do an embarrassing dance video or neither of you do it.” Both began to argue that they shouldn’t do it when Leana pulled out her cell phone. “Both or neither. You have five seconds to agree.” She held up the other hand and began counting down. Grumbling to themselves they both agreed on the neither part. Leana smiled at them as Brian looked down at his watch.

“Right guys it’s one am, best I go really, meeting up with dad tomorrow. Thanks for tonight I had a nice time. Oh and Jimmy I declare a rematch.”

“Bring it Haner, you know you’ll lose.” Jimmy said giving him a man hug then walking upstairs. Brian laughed giving Leana and Emily a hug and wave as he walked out to his car.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bit of a filler :/

I have posted the sequel to So Much, Second Chance. First chapter shall be posted soon :)

Thanks for the Comments