Let Your Heart Win

Chapter 12

Cali stirred as the sound of Brian’s whispering voice entered her dream. She opened her eyes confused as to who he was talking to. She found him led with his head level with her stomach, his legs stretched out resting on the headboard. She kept still and silent to listen to him talk to their unborn daughter.

“And you need to be a good girl for mommy, no causing problems for her when daddy’s out of the country. Because I know your mommy and she won’t tell me if anything’s wrong so that she doesn’t worry me. and trust me daddy’s going to be having a hard enough time over the next six weeks as it is. Like six weeks away from you two isn’t going to be bad enough I’m spending the six weeks with your granddad who hates me, and I’ve got to try and talk to him to get him to like me again. You see he doesn’t like me and mommy being together. He thinks she can do better than me, which she probably can, I mean let’s face it, she’s amazing and the most beautiful and sexy woman I’ve ever seen who could get whoever she wanted but for some reason she wants to be with me, which I’m thankful for everyday. Anyway, he doesn’t like me and I want to fix that because I know how much it’s breaking your mommy’s heart that he’s not talking to her, and that breaks my heart because I love your mommy so much and I hate seeing her upset.”

“You’re not to blame Brian.” she whispered causing him to jump at the sound of her voice. He turned himself around so that he was facing her.

“How long have you been listening?” he asked.

“Long enough. My dad doesn’t hate you Brian.” she replied softly.

“Yes he does babe. But it’s okay, he has good reason to.” he replied as he slipped his arm around her waist. “And anyway, it’s not going to be for much longer. By the end of this tour he’ll love me.”

“I hope so.” She replied kissing his lips.

“Me too. I meant what I said. It’s killing me seeing how much this is all affecting you.” he told her as he looked deep into her eyes.

“I know. And I really wish me and my dad were talking so that he can be part of his granddaughters’ life, but I’ve really got to start preparing myself for the possibility that he may not be in her life.” She replied sadly.

“Babe don’t say that, please. He’ll come round.” He said quietly.

“Can we change the subject please?” she asked. Brian nodded with a smile and kissed her lips.

“Of course babe. Now, how do you want to spend our last day together for six weeks?” he asked with a suggestive smile.

“Oh, I have a few ideas.” She replied pressing her lips teasingly against his. A low growl emitted from Brian’s lips as he kissed her back, rolling gently on top of her.

“You know I’d be quite happy to lay here with you until we have to leave for the airport.” Brian said as she wrapped her arms around his bare waist.

“I know babe, I’d love it if we could do that too, but you haven’t even started packing yet.” Cali replied, her finger lightly tracing his tattoo.

“Urgh, don’t remind me, I always leave packing until the last minute. I hate it so much.” He groaned.

“Don’t worry, you’ve got me here to help you now.” she replied with a smile.

“Really? Thank you.” he replied kissing the top of her head.

“That’s okay; you can repay me with breakfast.” She replied with a smirk.

“Anything you want babe.” He replied kissing her forehead.

“Damn straight! Seeing as you’re deserting me and your unborn child, making us fend for ourselves for a whole six weeks.” she replied failing to keep a straight face.

“Hey now Hetfield, don’t you be trying to make me feel guilty about leaving you.” Brian replied quickly rolling her onto her back and climbing on top of her, his face hovering inches above her.

“Worth a try” she replied with a smirk as he pecked her lips. “Now, I was thinking omelette for breakfast.”

Brian chuckled and pecked her lips again. “Come on then.” He said getting out of bed and offering her his hands to help her up.

“What do you want in this omelette?” he asked as they walked hand in hand into the kitchen.

“Um, cheese, mushrooms, and um pickles if we have any?” she replied.

“Pickles? Really?” he asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Mmm yeah.” She replied with a lick of her lips.

“But you hate pickles.” He stated.

“But I want them in the omelette.” She replied with a shrug.

“Okay. If you want pickles, you can have pickle. I’m not stupid enough to argue with a pregnant woman.” He replied. He briefly placed a soft kiss on her lips before beginning to make breakfast.

After breakfast, Cali made a start on packing Brian’s case. Within an hour of starting she banished Brian from the bedroom as he kept changing his mind over what he wanted to take.

Satisfied that she had packed all that he would need, she slowly made her way back down stairs, finding Brian sat on the sofa aimlessly flicking through the channels.

“I don’t think I’ve forgotten anything.” She said as she sat down next to him.

“Mmmhmm.” He muttered not taking his eyes off the TV.

“Babe are you okay?” she asked.

“Fine.” He muttered still not taking his eyes off the screen.

“Oh my God. You’re sulking aren’t you?” she asked with a smile.

“No.” he muttered sternly.

“Is this because I kicked you out of the bedroom earlier isn’t it?” she asked trying her best not to laugh.

“No.” he repeated.

“You are so fucking adorable when you sulk Brian Haner Junior.” She said with a smirk as she slid closer to him, gently pressing her lips against his cheek. She watched as a small smile began to appear on his thin lips and placed another kiss on his cheek, followed by another on the corner of his mouth.

“I love you.” she whispered.

“I love you too.” he replied kissing her back.

“Dumbass.” She muttered, briefly kissing him again before sitting back down on the sofa, taking the remote from his hand.

“So everything’s packed?” he asked slipping his arm around her shoulder and pulling her closer to him.

“Yep, you’re all set for the next six weeks.” she replied.

“If only I could fit you in my case as well.” He whispered kissing the top of her head.

“I know.” she replied softly nuzzling closer to him.

“You know maybe you could come and join us once you’ve finished with school?” he said hopefully.

“I was thinking that, but then I was wondering about flying all that distance when I’m pregnant. Maybe it’s something I can talk to the doctor about when I see her next.” She replied.

“Definitely. It would be so awesome if you could join us, and save me from your dad.” He replied.

“You won’t need saving from my dad.” She replied with a giggle, lifting her head to look at him. “You’re going to be fine.”

“Well, just in case I’m not, just remember I love you.” he replied kissing her lips. “And make sure Stephanie knows that I love her too.”

“Brian, shut up you dumbass.” She said laughing as he began to kiss her all over her face, gently pushing her back onto the sofa.

“That’s the second time in ten minutes you called me a dumbass.” He said stopping abruptly.

“Must be true then.” She replied trying to remain serious.
Brian’s eyes widened as she failed to contain her laughter which increased as he began to tickle her.

“Babe. Stop. Please.” She said through laughter.

“Why?” he asked with a smirk.

“Because I love you.” she replied as she continued to laugh.

He stopped tickling her and lowered his lips to hers. “And don’t you forget it.”

“Never.” She replied as she gazed up into his deep brown eyes.

Brian kissed her lips forcefully again before manoeuvring himself so that they were led next to each other. He pulled her close to him, placing a kiss on her forehead as they both closed their eyes, both happy to lay in silence and each other’s company.

Brian tightly held onto Cali’s hand as they walked through the airport making their way through to the departure lounge. Each of the other guys each had hold of their girlfriends’ hands too, no one speaking a word.

Placing his hand luggage on one of the gray cushioned chairs of the departure lounge, Brian took hold of Cali’s other hand, turning her so that they were facing each other. He slowly brought his forehead down so that it was resting against her and kissed her longingly on her lips.

“I love you Cali, remember that.” he whispered.

“I love you too Brian. And you remember that too.” she replied earning a smile from him.

“Take care of yourself baby, and of Steph. I’m gonna call you everyday okay.” he said, his eyes glazing over.

“You better. And you better take care of your self too. I don’t want you coming back in August all skin and bone.” She replied with tears forming in her eyes.

“I will, I promise.” He whispered.

“I’m gonna miss you so fucking much.” She stated staring into his eyes.

“I’ll miss you too.” he replied, tucking a stray lock of hair behind her ear. “You know, saying goodbye to Michelle was never this hard. I swear.”

He placed his hands gently on either side of her face and softly placed his lips on hers. She kissed him back eagerly, wanting to savour as much of it as she could. Her hands ran up his back, over his shoulders until her fingers were threading through his hair.
Brian pulled away with tears in his eyes at the sound of their flight being called. “That’s us. I love you Cali, I’ll call you everyday.” He said kissing her lips briefly.

“I love you too, more than anything.” She replied, holding onto him.

“I know. I’ll call you when we get to New York. I love you.” he said kissing her one final time.
Cali watched with tears running down her cheeks as Brian and the other guys walked towards the gate. Before he disappeared, he turned and blew her a kiss, which she returned.

“It does get easier. I promise.” Val whispered placing a hand on her shoulder.

“Come on, it’s traditional for us girls to have a sleepover on the first night the guys are away.”
♠ ♠ ♠
:'(

Comments?

Cali