Let Your Heart Win

Chapter 4

With his hand resting gently on her flat stomach Brian watched Cali as she slept peacefully next to him and knew that choosing to be with her was the best decision he’d made since joining the band. There was no doubt in his mind that this was the woman he’d be spending the rest of his life with.

She stirred and the smile on his lips grew as her hand met his, gently tugging him towards her.

“Morning babe.” She whispered with her eyes still shut.

“Morning to you too beautiful.” He replied with a kiss to her cheek.

“What time is it?” she asked still not opening her eyes. Brian lifted his head to take a look at the clock.

“Just gone twenty past eight.” He replied as he dropped his head back onto the pillow.

“It’s so nice to be still in bed when I know I should be in work.” She replied with a content sigh, rolling herself onto her side so that she could wrap her arms around his waist, her head on his bare chest.

“I think it’s nice just to be able to lay here with you.” he replied placing another kiss on the top of her head.

“Yeah, there is that too.” she replied with a smile.

“What time do we have to leave for the doctor’s?” he asked.

“Our appointment’s at half ten.” She replied as he ran his long fingers through her hair.

“I’ll go make us breakfast then.” He said, making a move to get up.

“In a minute.” She said, pulling him back to her.

****

“Are you nervous about this?” Brian asked as they sat in the doctor’s office waiting for the ultra sound machine to be brought into the room.

“A little, but I’m more excited than anything.” She replied with a wide smile. “We’re going to see our baby for the first time.”

“I know I can’t wait.” He replied as the doctor pushed the trolley with the ultrasound machine on it through the door.

“Okay Cali, if you could loosen your pants and roll your top up slightly we can do this ultrasound.” He said cheerfully as he pressed certain buttons on the screen.
Cali did as he asked and lay down on the examination table, reaching for Brian’s hand.

“Now this is going to be cold.” The doctor said as he unscrewed the lid off the gel. Cali nodded and watched as he squeezed some out over her lower abdomen, flinching slightly as it made contact with her skin.

“You okay?” Brian asked quietly as she squeezed his hand.

“Yeah, just as he said, it’s cold.” She replied with a blush of her cheeks.

“Okay, now let’s take a look. Where are you hiding little one?” the doctor asked with his eyes fixed on the black and white screen as he moved the wand over her lower abdomen. Both Brian and Cali’s eyes were fixed on the screen anxious to see their baby.

“Ah there we go.” He said coming to a stop and pointing to the screen. “That black area there is your womb and that tiny bean-sized white bit is your baby.”

“Oh my god, it’s tiny.” Cali exclaimed quietly.

“And that’s the heartbeat.” The doctor added pointing to the screen where a tiny movement could be seen. Cali and Brian were silent as they continued to stare at the screen.

“From its size I would say that you’re about six weeks gone.” The doctor said with a smile.

“Wow, it’s so amazing.” Brian breathed quietly, “It’s really real. It’s really happening isn’t it?”

Cali and the doctor both chuckled at his comment, “Yes Bri, it’s really happening and that’s our baby.” She replied with a smile, squeezing his hand gently.

“I’ll print out a copy for you and then we’ll schedule an appointment for another scan in a few weeks.” The doctor said pressing a few buttons on the machine before passing Cali a towel to clean off the remaining gel.

“Are you okay babe?” Cali asked as they drove back to Brian’s house.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” He replied with a smile.

“You just seemed a bit, I don’t know, in shock at the hospital?” she replied.

“I know, it just suddenly hit me that this was all real, that we were actually having a baby.” He replied glancing over at her as he pulled into the driveway.

“It was pretty unreal seeing it on the screen. And the heart beat as well, that was awesome, I didn’t realise that you’d be able to see that so early on.” She replied following him into his house.

“Neither did I and I can’t wait until we go back and we can find out what we’re having.” He replied.

“Wait just one minute Haner, what if I don’t want to find out the sex of the baby?” she said stopping and placing her hands on her hips.

“What? Don’t you want to know the sex of the baby?” he asked turning to face her.

“I just think it’d be pretty cool if we found out when he or she was born.” She replied.

“If that’s what you want baby.” He replied quietly, taking a step closer to her, his large hands resting on her hips as he dipped his head to place his lips on hers. She kissed him back, her hands sliding up his defined chest and around his neck, her lips parting to allow his tongue to slip past and toy with her own.

A soft moan escaped both of them as Brian’s hands slipped to her ass and he slowly began to manoeuvre them towards the stairs. Slowly they made it up the stairs and into Brian’s bedroom, Brian laying her down on the bed he hadn’t used in over a month after spending every night since waking from the coma with Cali.

With another moan, Cali brought her hands up to Brian’s chest and gently pushed him away. “Babe, I’m sorry I can’t.” she whispered.

“Are you okay?” he asked with concern as he stood back up.

“You need to wash your bed sheets. All I can smell is Michelle and it’s turning my stomach.” She explained. “It’s these stupid pregnancy hormones, they’re causing havoc with my sense of smell.” She added quickly.

“That’s okay baby, you’ve got a point, and I do need to spend some time here sorting the entire house out.” he replied as he offered his hands to help her up off the bed.

“There’s no time like the present it won’t take us too long to sort everything.” She offered.

“Urgh, yeah I guess not but you don’t need to help.” He replied.

“Just because I’m pregnant doesn’t mean I can’t do house work.” She replied crossing her arms over her chest.

“I know, just no lifting anything okay.” he warned pointing his finger at her.

“Yes boss, now strip the bed and bring it down to be washed, I’m going to see what needs sorting in the kitchen.” She ordered as she left the room.

“God I love it when you’re all domineering.” He called after her.

“Get used to it baby” she called back.

“You’re going to have to go shopping if you plan on actually living here, everything in the refrigerator had to be thrown.” She said as she heard Brian enter the kitchen from where she was stood washing the collection of dishes that had been left.

“I want to burn all this as well. That fucking bitch has had that guy in my bed, I’ve just found some of his underwear under the covers.” He replied as he placed the sheets into the washing machine.

“Guess that would also explain the two coffee mugs that had been left.” She replied.

“It really makes me sick to think that while I was in hospital, in a coma she had the freedom to have that guy in my house, and fuck him in my bed and drink my coffee out of my mugs.” He said.

“I know babe, but I guess it just goes to show how much she actually cared about you, and I know that’s not a pleasant thought to have about someone you spent all that time loving, but it’s the truth and to be honest I don’t feel as guilty now about being with you all those times.” She replied honestly.

“I know baby, everything’s turning out the way it should be.” He said with a large smile creeping across his face.

“Dare I say our lives are perfect.” She replied with a matching smile.

“Almost. I think it’d be better if we actually officially lived under the same roof as each other.” He said thoughtfully.

“Mr Haner, are you asking me to move in with you?” she asked playfully.

“Yeah I am, it makes sense especially with a baby on the way.” He replied. “So will you move in with me?”

“Yes, of course I will.” She replied, both of their smiles growing.

“Not yet though, we’ll start a fresh, Michelle was the one who decorated, we’ll start all over, get the decorators in and have it the way we want it, re-do one of the spare rooms turned into a nursery, have a play room, get all new furniture. Make this house ours.” He said excitedly.

“Sounds perfect. I’ll tell mom that I’m moving out and she can put the apartment on the market or let it out to someone else.” She replied.

“Awesome.” Brian muttered kissing her lips.

“And speaking of parents, you know what we have to do don’t you?” she added smiling as Brian pouted.

“Do we really have to? My parents I can handle, it’s your dad I don’t want to have to deal with.” he said sulkily.

“What do you want to do Bri? Wait until the baby’s old enough to tell him itself?” she replied with a slight chuckle.

“Now that’s an idea.” Brian said smiling.

“We’ve got to tell them, it’s their grandchild at the end of the day, they deserve to know.” She replied sternly.

“Okay, how about I go and tell my folks and you can tell James?” Brian suggested.

“No way, we’re telling them together. My dad’s not going to appreciate me telling him he’s going to be a granddad without you there to support me, that’s not going to do you any favours with him.” she said.

“Your dad’s not going to appreciate you telling him that I’m the father of his first grandchild. At least if I’m not there I’m not going to get my ass kicked.” He said.

“We are telling them together.” Cali stated.

“How about we tell your mom and let her break the news to your dad?” he suggested.

“Brian!” she growled sternly.

“Okay, okay, we’ll both go, just don’t blame me when I lose the ability to give you anymore babies.” he replied.

“It won’t be that bad.” She replied unconvincingly.

“We’ll just tell my parents first, you know, before I get put into another coma.” He replied with a slight smile.

“It won’t be that bad.” She repeated with a little more conviction in her tone.

“I know babe.” He said with a chuckle. “We’ll do it tomorrow okay. I’ll meet you after school.”

“Good, now I’m starving and there is literally nothing to eat in this house.” She replied with a smile.

“Tuna town?” Brian suggested.

“Sounds perfect.” She said taking hold of the hand that Brian held out for her.
♠ ♠ ♠
As always a huge thank you to anyone who's taken the time to read, subscribe and comment on this story...keep up the good work :)

Cali