Sequel: Keep Me Together
Status: <3

Love Makes Blind

Dig In.

[Elia's Point of View]

Paul’s lips lingered on mine. It felt heavenly.
“I’ll see you later.” He said before he walked away

I walked inside my house. There was a new scent, very familiar.
I smiled to myself. “I’m home!”
“Bambina!” I heard the high pitched voice of my favorite aunt.
I squealed when she grabbed my hands and we started jumping up and down like four years old.
Val! I missed you!” I hugged her tightly.
“You to bambina, look at you, all grown up to a beautiful woman. And who was that hot piece of ass you were lip locking with out on the steps?” she asked and brushed her fingers through my hair.
“Paul, a friend of mine.” I blushed and she laughed.

Valeria pulled me down on the couch.
“We’ll look closer on that matter later. Oh, Elia, I have fantastic news! Here, feel this.” She placed my hand over her left one, over a big ring.
I jumped in my seat. “Holy Smoly, you’re engaged!” I yelled.
“Don’t look so surprised!” Val laughed.
“I just, I didn’t think you would ever get married. It is Joseph, right?” I
“Of course; he finally got the guts to ask me after ten years. I was starting to wonder if I had to ask him myself. It’s not like I’m getting any younger.”
“You are only thirty-six, Val.”
“I know bambina,” she sighed. “I wanted to ask you if you would be my maid of honor.”
“Seriously! You want me to be your maid of honor?” I screamed.
“Calm down bambina.” My aunt sounded very happy. “I don’t want anyone but you, sweetie. The wedding is in August, and we are having it at home, I know your nonna is really excited to see you. It’s five years since last time you were home.”
“It is a long time.” I mumbled before I hugged her. “I’m so, so happy for you Val.”

“Now come on, I have a ton of clothes for you.” Val led me up to my room and played dress up with me. All the while I had to talk about Paul and tell my aunt everything about him.
I realized I knew very little about him. It bugged me a little so I started asking questions about Val’s life in Italy, Milano, as a big designer.

My mother came home a few hours later and wanted to catch up with her sister-in-law. Both Valeria and I helped my mother in the kitchen. Darin came home from were ever he had been and hung around talking with us.
Darin was setting the table when I heard someone knock on the front door, I ran to the door hoping it was Paul. The warm arms that pulled me into a hug, confirmed my hopes.
“Hi.” I smiled.
“Hey monster, do you want to go for a walk?” Paul asked me.
I frowned. “I have to eat dinner.”
Someone walked up behind me. It was my mother. “I’m Mirella, Elia’s mother. You can join us if you want Paul. I always make too much food anyway.”
“That would be great.” Paul smiled and took my hand.
I led the way to the dining room and sat down.

“Hi, I’m Elia’s aunt Valeria. I know Darin trust you, but if you mess up my bambina, I’ll mess you up.” My aunt said to Paul.
“Val!” I glared at her.
Paul only chuckled beside me. “That’s okay.”
“Relax bambina, I’m only kidding with him.” Val said.
“Yeah, I kind of figured it out.” Paul laughed.
“I’m willing to give you a chance since you are the first boy that has made her giggle.” Val said it like it was nothing at all.
My cheeks were burning up. “Valeira… Sto-“
My mother broke me off when she placed the pans with delicious pasta on the table. “Dig in.”

“Soo, Paul, what are you planning on doing with your future?” Val asked. I wanted to ask my aunt to stop interrogating him, but I was curious for his answer.
“I’m thinking about becoming a police officer or a fireman.” Paul answered after he had chewed his food.
Val sighed. “Every boys dream.”
“No, that’s not why. I want to do something to help people. And I know they are low on police men in Forks. I don’t want to move far away, from here, from my family.” he said very sincerely.
Valeria was quiet. My heart melted and I leaned over and kissed his cheek. Paul squeezed my hand under the table.

“The food was delicious Mrs. Agostino.” Paul said as he carried our plates to the kitchen.
“Thank you Paul, but call me Mirella, Mrs. Agostino makes me feel old.” My mom chuckled.
“Let’s go upstairs.” I grabbed Paul’s hand.
“Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do!” Valeria said to us. “No, scratch that; don’t do anything I would do.”
We laughed and walked into my room.

Paul kissed me long and passionately.
“How did it go with the doctor?” I asked when he let me talk.
“Good, I’ll get the answers on tomorrow actually.” He kissed me again.
I smiled and kissed his neck. Paul groaned when I kissed his collarbone before I rested my head against his chest.
“You drive me crazy, monster.” He said in a strained voice.
I snickered. “Just wait till you get your test-result, then I show you what crazy is.”
I stood on the tip of my toes and crashed my lips against his mouth, I thought. I didn’t reach up, I only reached is chin. He wrapped his arms around me and lifted me so I could plant my lips on his.
The door opened and I could smell Valeria’s perfume. “I was won- Hey! Get a room kids!”
“Val, we are in my room…” I told her.
“Oh yeah, right.” She said.
“Can we help you with anything?” I asked her.
“Yes! Your brother is leaving soon.” Val had always been a little headless.
“I’ll be down in a minute.” I smiled and heard her leave the room.

Paul held me in his arms. “You have to say good bye to your brother.”
“I know… I don’t want him to leave.” I mumbled. “I haven’t been away from him in two years.”
“Maybe some time apart will be good for bout of you. I’ll be here.” Paul trailed his fingers up and down my spine. I sighed and closed my eyes.
“Do you want to follow me to the door?” he asked.
I nodded and took his hand.

“I’ll see you tomorrow monster.” Paul kissed my nose and disappeared.
Elia laughed quietly at her new nickname.
♠ ♠ ♠
~ BreeVixen