Sequel: Keep Me Together
Status: <3

Love Makes Blind

Bitter.

[Elia's Point of View]

I woke up with a smile on my mouth. I didn’t feel Paul in my bed, but I heard running water from the bathroom.
He loves me. He said it and he meant it. When he said it, is sounded like he was nervous but at the same time the most natural thing for him to say.

I sat up and stretched. My head was aching a little. I jumped down from the bed carefully and made my way to the bathroom. I opened the door and leaned against the doorframe.
“Hi.” I smiled.
“Good morning baby.” Paul put his hand on my cheek for a second.
“What are you doing?” I asked and sat down on the toilet after making sure the top was closed.
“Shaving.” He told me.

I nodded. “What are the plans for the day?” I asked him.
“We’ll go meet the guys at Emily’s and eat breakfast there. And then there is a bonfire I have to be on, which means you’ll have to too. They are telling the tribe legends, I’m sure you will find them interesting.” Paul said and rinsed his face, I think.
“Okay, sounds fun. Can you find me some painkillers? I think there is a bottle in one of the cabinets.”
“Your head hurting?” he asked and started opening the different cabinets.
“A little bit.” I confessed.
Paul chuckled and handed me two pills and a glass of water. I swallowed them.
“Thank you.” I smiled.
“Anytime baby.” Paul kissed my temple.

I laughed.
Paul pulled away. “What is it?”
“You are calling me baby, what happened to monster?”
Paul lifted me up in his arms. “So you would rather that I call you monster than baby?”
I nodded. “Yeah, everybody else is calling me baby. I like that you are calling me monster.”
“So that’s what bambina means!”
I laughed. “Yes. All my family and friends back in Italy is calling me that. But I like monster better.”

Paul lay me down on the bed before climbing over me.
“Do I have to tickle you before you’ll kiss me, or would you just kiss me?” he asked.
“How about you kiss me?” I giggled.
Paul didn’t say anything; he only placed his mouth softly over mine. I smiled into the kiss and wounded my arms around his neck to pull him closer. I got goose bumps all over when Paul stroked his hands up and down my back under the t-shirt I was wearing.

When he pulled away he was breathing heavily. I did too.
“I love you monster.”
I smiled and pecked his lips again. “I know, and I love you too.”
Paul started getting up. “We need to get dressed.”
I took a grip of his arm. “No you don’t.”
He laughed. “So you like what you are feeling?”
“Well… I don’t dislike it.” I smirked.
“Admit it, you love my smoking hot body.” He gripped my hand and moved it over his stomach.
“And what if I don’t?” I asked and nibbled a little on his neck.
I could hear him moan quietly and I grinned.
Paul pulled himself together. “Then I have to tickle you.”
I sighed overdramatically. “Oh no! I’ll admit it; your body isn’t that bad.”
He moved his hand to my stomach. “You where saying?” he started tickling me carefully.
I burst out in a hysteric laughter. “OKAY, okay! Paul Talley has the hottest body La Push!” I screamed.
“Not good enough.” He mused and tickled me again.
“The hottest body on the planet!” I said in laughter.
“Say the whole sentence.” Paul wouldn’t give in.
“Paul Talley has the hottest body in the universe!” I said and relaxed when he removed his hands and sat up.
“Now we’re talking.” I could here he was smiling.

Paul kissed me again before getting up. I heard him open a drawer, probably my dresser.
Paul was silent. “Elia, do you mind if I call a friend of mine? I have no idea what you should wear, and I’m sure she’ll help.”
I lifted my eyebrows. “A girl?”
He understood what I meant. “Eew! It’s Leah, she like a sister of sorts. I wouldn’t really call her a friend, but yeah, nothing like what you think.”
I laughed a little. “Okay. Go call her.”

Paul put on his clothes before he disappeared down stairs. I didn’t hear him pick up the phone, but soon I heard him talk to a woman.
“Grumpy today?” he joked.
Something got slapped. “You woke me.” The woman said. It had to be Leah.
“Since when do you sleep in the woods?” Paul sounded confused.
“Sam made me take the late shift.” She grumbled.
“So you two became a little cozy?” Paul laughed.

It sounded like someone hit a rock.
“Ouch, Damn it Leah! Fuck!” Paul cursed.
“Watch your mouth mutt.” Leah shot back at him.
“Sometimes I wish you were a boy, so I could hit you back. No, I wish you were a boy, ‘cause we don’t hold grudges.” Paul said to her, I’ve never heard him talk like that.
“Watch it Paul.” Leah said in a low voice.
“You can’t phase here!” Paul said in what sounded like a hysteric voice.

I didn’t understand what he meant with phase, but I decided it was best if I interrupted them. I walked quickly out of my room and down the stairs.
“Hi.” I waved.
“Elia.” Paul grabbed my hand. “This is Leah. Leah – Elia.”
I shook hand with her. “It’s nice to meet you Leah.” I smiled.
“Okay.” She withdrew her hand quickly. “What did you need my help too?”
I was a little hurt by her cold shoulder. “Paul couldn’t manage to find me clothes.”
Paul put his hands up in surrender. “I’m only a man.”
That thinks with his dick.” Leah whispered, as if she thought I wouldn’t hear her.
Paul shrugged. “Sometimes. I’ll head over to Emily’s. Is it okay if Leah follows you there, Elia?”
“Yeah, see you later.” He kissed me then walked out the front door.

“Follow me.” I said to Leah.
I walked ahead of Leah up to my room. She walked so quietly that I was unsure if she had followed.
I sat down on my bed as she searched through my dresser.

I couldn’t help myself but ask. “Leah? Why are you mad at me or Paul?”
She stopped digging in the drawer. “You would be mad too if you’d had Paul in your head for the last two years.”
I furrowed my brows. “But why are you mad at me?”
Leah sighed. “It’s not that I’m mad at you. I’m a bitter person. I don’t let people in. I hang with Paul, and all the other boys, because I don’t have a choice. They bear with me because they pity me.”
“But why don’t you have a choice?” I wondered.

She sighed again and put a hand on my head. “That’s to Paul to tell you.”
I nodded. “Okay Leah, but I’ll be your friend if you want. I won’t be in your head and I won’t feel pity for you. I’ll listen if you want to tell me about it.”
“I’ll think about it. Please, don’t tell anyone about this conversation, and you can’t ask Paul about it.”
“I won’t.” I smiled and took her hand in mine.
“Thank you Elia. Here, put this on so we can go catch some breakfast.”
♠ ♠ ♠
~ BreeVixen