Sequel: Keep Me Together
Status: <3

Love Makes Blind

Follow Through.

[Paul's Point of View]

We stopped by my house so I could get a change of clothes. All the lights were off, so I guessed our mothers had left. I ran through the rain and found the spare key under a flower pot. I threw the clothes in a bag together with my toothbrush before I rushed out to the car again.
Elia smiled at me and I brushed the back of my hand over her cheek.

“Let’s get you inside.” I said as I stopped the car outside her house.
Elia got out of the car before I had the chance to help her. She walked a few steps away from the car before she started laughing and spinning around in a circle.
“What are you doing?” I laughed and looked at her, we were both getting soaked.
“What does it look like?” she asked and grinned.
“it looks like you want to get yourself a cold.” I said as I walked over to her and wrapped my arms around her.

Elia stopped spinning and relaxed into my arms. “Why are you always so warm?” she wondered.
“My body temperature is a few degrees over the normal.” I told her and stoked back some of her hair from her face.
“Isn’t that dangerous?”
“Not for me.” I knew I had to tell her the truth, it’s not like I can lie to her. But I wanted to wait with telling her all the crap about being a shape-shifter until after the bonfire tomorrow. “You need a warm shower.” I said and started walking towards the door. I unlocked the door with the key Mirella had given me.

“Do you need any help?” I asked her as we walked into her bathroom.
“No, I can shower myself.” She shoved my arm playfully before I walked out to give her some privacy.
I removed all my clothes except my boxers. I looked around her room, remembering I hadn’t really seen it before. I had always been too focused on Elia.

I heard her turn the water on and start singing. I recognized the song; Leah had been singing it in her head a while back while we were patrolling ,just to annoy the rest of us, it was ‘Follow through’ by Gavin DeGraw. She had a beautiful voice, so I listened to her sing as I looked at all the pictures in her room.

There was one of her and a bunch of boys, and I guessed that would be her ‘gang’ in Italy. I felt the jealousy boil in me as I thought about it, but managed to push it away. I couldn’t be mad at Elia for having friends. I picked up a frame that stood behind another picture. It was of two small children sitting together, and the boy kissing the girl’s cheek. The little girl looked familiar so I turned the frame and read the backside. ‘Matteo e Elia, 5 e 3 anni.’ was written in a perfect handwriting. I didn’t understand Italian, but I could easily know what it said; Matteo and Elia, 5 and 3 yrs or something.

I couldn’t be jealous. She was just a kid, and even if she had feelings for Matteo, whatever she felt for me had to be stronger; she’s my imprint for fuck’s sake! Just as I sat the picture down again I heard some crashing sounds from the bathroom.

I was over at the door in two strides, pounding on the door with my fist. “Elia! Are you okay?”
There was no answer so I opened the door, I drew in a sharp breath when I saw Elia laying on the bathroom floor without moving.
“ELIA! Fuck!” I yelled and bent down beside her. I turned her body around and searched for her pulse. I let out a breath I didn’t know I was holding when I found it.

I lifted her naked body up in my arms and sat down on her bed and cradled her in my lap. Even though I felt her naked skin against mine, the only thing in my head was worry. My eyes were focused on her face.
“Elia, baby, can you hear me?” She didn’t respond.
I laid her down on the bed and examined her. She hadn’t cut her head, which was a good thing. I picked up my shirt from the floor and pulled it over her head carefully before I found her underwear and put it on.
Baby, please be okay.” I whispered and leaned over her. I shook her shoulders lightly.

“My head hurt.” I heard her mumble.
“Thank god!” I said and hugged her before I kissed her. “What happened?”
“I think I stumbled…” she mumbled and tried to sit up.
I pulled her carefully into my arms. “You scared me little monster.”
“How did I get this on?” she tugged at my t-shirt she was wearing.
“I put it on you.” I told her.
She was silent for a second until it clicked. She buried her face in my shoulder. “Oh no…!
“Sorry…” I mumbled, without really meaning it.
She lifted her head and placed her hand on my cheek. “Thank you.” She kissed me.

“You are beautiful.” I told her again.
She turned away slightly. “No I’m not…” she mumbled.
I took her head between my hands. “Yes you are Elia, you look amazing.”
“Stop lying.”
“I’m not! Seriously, you have the hottest body I have ever seen. I promise.” I lay down and pulled her over me before I placed my hand on her ass.
She giggled and rested her head on my shoulder and kissed me below my earlobe. I had to hold back a moan.

“You don’t know what you are doing to me.” I said and rolled over so I was hovering over her.
“What if I do?” she asked in a seductive voice.
I couldn’t help myself. I moaned her name and attached my lips on her neck. She arched her back when I found her spot. She put her hands over my abs and stroked them up and down my sides before she put them on my shoulder and pushed me away, I barley felt it but pulled away.
“I’m sorry Paul, I can’t.” she looked ashamed.
“It is okay baby, we can just cuddle.” I lay down beside her and pulled her against my chest.

“You like Gavin DeGraw?” I asked her.
“He has some good songs.” She nodded. “And ‘Follow through’ reminds me a little about us.” she sounded a little embarrassed.
I smiled and stroked circles on her hip. “How so?”
She cleared her throat. “‘Oh, this is the start of something good, Don't you agree? I, haven't felt like this in so many moons, You know what I mean. And we can build through this destruction, As we are standing on our feet. So, since you wanna be with me, You'll have to follow through With every word you say. And I, all I really want is you, you to stick around, I'll see you everyday. But you have to follow through, You have to follow through.’
She sang so beautiful.

“You are right.” I smiled.
She snuggled closer to my chest. “I know.”
“Elia.” I said and looked at her. I needed to let her know. “I love you. I’m in love with you. I have been since the first time I heard you speak. I love the person you make me. I love you.” I blurted it all out.
Elia smiled and put a hand on my cheek. “I love you too, Paul.”
I smiled and kissed her nose. “Thank you.”

She rested her forehead against mine. “You have to follow through.”
I looked at her for a second. I knew what she meant. “I will.”
I kissed her lips passionately, and she returned the kiss.
“I love you.” I told her again.

It felt good to get it off my chest, I’ve never told anyone I loved them before. No one. But Elia was my ‘The one’. I loved her, but I knew the pack would bug me about becoming soft for the rest of my life, but as long as I’d have Elia, I’d take it all without a complaint.

Elia fell asleep in my arms. I lay staring at her. she was beautiful.
♠ ♠ ♠
~ BreeVixen