Sequel: Keep Me Together
Status: <3

Love Makes Blind

Monster.

[Paul's Point of View]

“Thank you so much for telling me the legends Billy.” Elia bent down and hugged Billy.
“No problem kiddo, its good having you in the family.” Billy patted Elia’s hand before he wheeled himself away.
Elia didn’t say anything. I looked at her with worried eyes as we started walking away.

“Hey Elia, wait up!” Leah came running after us. “It was fun getting to know you, and just make Paul call me if I can help you with anything.”
Then Leah did something that surprised everyone; she actually hugged Elia. Not a cold hug, but a warm one. Elia hugged her back.
“I will Leah, thank you. And as I said before, I’m here if you want to talk.”
“Damn, Leah’s human after all, I was starting to think she was one of the cold ones.” Jacob said and started laughing. Everybody else did to except of the elders and Sam, Emily and Kim.
“Fuck you, Black.” She gave him the middle finger before running into the woods.

“Why are you all so mean towards Leah?” Elia wondered as I helped her up on my back.
I sighed. “Leah is making things more difficult for us, so it’s just our way of getting back at her.”
Elia hit my back head. “Be nice to her!”
I chuckled and started running. “Okay, I will monster.”

“Where are we?” she asked me when I stopped.
“A place I use to go to when I need to clear my head.”
It was a beautiful field, green grass and a lot of big trees. I lead her over to my favorite three, an old apple three.
“Want an apple?” I asked and stretched up to grab a big red one.
I took a big bite out of it before handing it to her.
“Thank you.” She smiled before looking down again. Suddenly she looked up again and grinned. “Try to catch me!” she threw the apple at me and started running. I was glad there weren’t any bumps in the ground around, so she wouldn’t fall.

I stared after her for a few seconds, giving her a head start. Then I started running, and because she couldn’t see, I could run faster than normal humans. I was in front of her in seconds. I stopped and saw her run towards me with her eyes closed. It reminded me of the first day I saw her. And I remembered how mad and irritated I was for imprinting. She ran straight into me, knocking me over in the process. I wrapped my arms around her so she wouldn’t get hurt.

We were laughing as my back hit the ground.
“I keep falling for you Paul.” She smiled and kissed me.
“And I’ll keep catching you.” I rolled over so I was hovering over her.
She closed her eyes and was silent. I bent down and kissed her quickly.
“Elia, what’s bothering you?” I asked because I could see she was holding something back. “You can tell me, you know.”
She sighed and opened her eyes. “I’m afraid to lose you.”
“What? I’m not leaving.” I sat up and pulled her up and put an arm around her.
“I just- It just feels like- I don’t know Paul. You keep sending me all this signals. I know you like me. But sometimes it feels like you just want to get me to bed, and then I’m scared you’re going to leave afterwards.” She put her head down. “Because, we kiss all the time, we’re together all the time, we hold hands and I can tell you anything on my mind. But we are not together. You haven’t asked me to be your girlfriend.”

“Elia…” I sighed and pulled her closer. She rested her head against my chest. I am an idiot; of course she would feel like this. “Do you remember the night after you forgave for having sex with that girl?”
She nodded. “The first time we kissed.”
I smiled. “Yes, and also the night I fell in love with you. I made a promise to myself that night; I promised myself that I would never ever have sex with anyone but you. And I’m planning to keep that promise, if it takes one day, one month or one year, we will wait until you are ready.”
I could see a pink blush on her cheeks. “Really?” she asked me.
“Yes. I can be patient sometimes. But I won’t lie; I would love to get you in bed.” I grinned and kissed the top of her head. Her blush turned deep red.

“And I would love for you to be my girlfriend, but I have to tell you something before you answer.”
Elia got a confused expression on her face.”Please don’t tell me you already have a girlfriend.”
I sighed sadly. “If it only had been that easy, but it is a little more complicated. Please don’t be scared Elia, I will never hurt you.”
“Paul, what is it? You are already scaring me. What is going on?” she asked and pulled away slightly from me, as if to get a better look at my face.
I stood up, leaving her alone at the ground, and started pacing back and forth.
“First I want you to tell me, what was your favorite part of the legends?”
She looked even more confused. “The one about imprinting, it would be amazing if there were a force out there as strong as Sam described it.”
I nodded. “Okay, that’s good.” I added when I remember she couldn’t see me.
“Tell me what’s going on Paul.” She demanded, her voice getting higher.

“The legends that were told at the bonfire, they are not only legends. I believed they were too, until almost two years ago, when I first phased.” I looked down at her as it sunk in.
“With phasing, you mean…?” she stared at the ground.
“Phasing into a wolf.” I confirmed.
She shook her head. “I don’t believe you.”
“Then let me prove it!” I almost yelled, anxious. I pulled her up by the arm a little too hard and fast and had to steady her. “Do not move.” I walked a few feet’s away from her.
“What are you doing?” she asked and I started taking of my clothes.
“Don’t be afraid Elia, I’m going to prove it to you, because I’m not lying. Don’t be afraid.” I pleaded urgently. I let the trembling feeling run from the top of my spine and down to my toes.

I looked at Elia through another pair of eyes. I was looking down at her. Her eyes were terrified and she was breathing heavily. I took a small step towards her. I think she felt it because she took a step backwards.
‘Don’t screw it up, mutt.’ Leah growled. She had patrol with Jared.
‘Shut up Leah, he’s nervous enough as it is.’ Jared shot at her.
‘Shut the hell up both of you!’ I tuned them out.

I took another step towards Elia, which was so big that I stood directly in front of her. I touched my nose to her hand. She froze and jumped backwards. I sighed inwardly before taking another step towards her and touching my nose to her hand again. She put her hands on each side of my massive head.
“Paul?” She asked in a whisper.
I nodded.
“Oh no, Paul, please tell me I’m dreaming.” A tear ran down her cheek.
I moved my head from side to side and let out a silent whimper.
“No, no no no, no.” she sobbed and fell forwards on her knees. “No.”
I lowered my head and put my nose on her cheek. A tear stopped at my nose. I phased back at the second and pulled on my jeans.

I sat down carefully next to her and hugged her carefully against my chest. “I’m so sorry Elia. I’m so sorry.” I mumbled in her hair over and over again.
“No, it can’t be true.” She cried.
“I’m so sorry.” I repeated.
I held her in my arms, trying to sooth her as she cried out pleas for it to just be a dream.

She calmed down eventually.
“I understand if you don’t want anything to do with me.” I said when she stopped crying.
She shook her head slowly. “Do the cold ones exist?” she asked quietly.
“Yes, vampires do exist, but the coven that stayed in Forks has moved on.” I said.

“And imprinting? I don’t know if I can handle a girl walking in and claim she have such a strong bond towards you.”
I chuckled. “Imprinting does exist. Sam imprinted on Emily and Jared on Kim. But you have nothing to fear, ‘cause I have already imprinted you.”
Elia pulled away abruptly. “You imprinted on me? That’s the reason your with me and love me? It isn’t real.”
I pulled her back into my arms. “It is very real. I believe the imprinting only made me notice you, but it was you who made me fall for you. And I think the imprinting changed me, so you would like me back. When I first imprinted, I was angry, I looked at it as a curse because it would tie me down to only one woman. That’s the reason I had sex with that other girl, I wanted to prove I was stronger than the hold you had on me, but I was wrong, and I hurt you. I will never forgive myself for that.”

She nodded.
“But you have to know, hanging with werewolves are risky.” I said in a serious tone.
“What do you mean?” she asked.
“You didn’t see it, but Emily has three long scars running from her hairline and down her arm. She stood to close to Sam one time he lost his temper and phased. I can guarantee you that I won’t do that to you, but I can’t make promises for the others, but they would never hurt you on purpose.” I told her.
“Okay I see.” She said. “Just one more thing; earlier back at my house, you told Leah she couldn’t phase. But the legends said only the men of the tribe became wolves.”
“Leah surprised us all.” I chuckled. “She and Seth we’re bickering, then it turned more serious, Seth lunged at her and transformed midair, Leah phased even before he hit the ground. “
Elia nodded again.

“Are you sure you’re okay?” I asked.
She smiled and nodded. “Yeah, I think so. It’s just not every day you find out your best friend and his friends are werewolves.”
“We can be more than best friends if you want to, but if you don’t that’s okay too.” I said and stroked my palm over her cheek softly.
“You better ask me and find out then.” She smiled.
I grinned. “Will you be my girlfriend, Elia, even though I’m a monster?”
She put her hands on each side of my face and pulled it closer to her. “You could never be a monster in my eyes, Paul.” Then she kissed me softly.
I pulled away after a second. “That means yes, right?”
Elia giggled and pecked my lips again. “Yes, you silly monster.”

“Come on. We need to do something.” I pulled her up in my arms and started walking back in the direction we came from.
♠ ♠ ♠
~ BreeVixen