Sequel: Keep Me Together
Status: <3

Love Makes Blind

The End.

It felt like the end. Like the world had stopped moving. Elia didn’t know what to say, or what to do. She stood in the in middle of the living room completely still. Something had happened to Paul; Elia knew it wasn’t her mother or brother, because then it would be Paul bringing the news. Elia held back her tears though, she wasn’t weak.
Leah didn’t say anything either.

“What happened?” Elia asked after several minutes of silence.
Leah sighed and placed her hand on Elia’s shoulder, Elia just shook it off.
“Paul was out on patrol with Collin and Brady. A vampire came close to town and tried to get through them. Collin wanted to show off so he made a move; the vampire had ripped his head off if Paul hadn’t stopped him. But the vampire was strong; he got his arms around Paul.” Leah told her.
“Collin and Brady are okay?” there could be a chance that it was one of them who had been hurt, not Paul. But as the question left her lips she knew it was a vain hope.
“Yes.” Leah said silently.

Elia took a deep breath before raising her head. “He’s – is he- he is dead?” she managed to choke out. A tear ran down her cheek.
“No!” Leah said and walked over to hug Elia, but let her go when she didn’t response. “God no, Elia, he’s not dead.”
“So he is going to be fine?” The little hope flared up again.
“Sam called Carlisle Cullen to come treat Paul. Dr. Cullen took care of Jacob when he was hurt.” Leah avoided the question.
“Leah. Is Paul going to be okay?” Elia asked again.
“I don’t know. I’m so sorry Elia.” Leah stared down at Elia’s face when she said it and saw how all color slowly disappeared from her face.

Elia sat back down on the couch and wrapped her arms around her knees. She was in shock. He sat there in silence as tears ran down her cheeks. She lost him.
“So this is the end, then?” She asked out loud. Not expecting an answer. She hadn’t asked Leah, and Leah knew that.
♠ ♠ ♠
~ BreeVixen