Sequel: Keep Me Together
Status: <3

Love Makes Blind

Open Your Eyes.

[Paul's Point of View]
[Listen to this song]

Waiting. The waiting part is the worst. I sat staring at the clock on the wall; it was like it was trying to get on my nerve with ticking so fucking slowly. The doctor had come out to tell us that the operation was done; it was now we were waiting to find out if Elia was fine. They hadn’t managed to get any contact from her for an hour. I was starting to understand how Elia felt when it was me that was sedated.

It had only been four days since I was attacked, but I felt completely fine, my leg only hurt a little. Elia first thought I should stay home to get better, but no way in hell I would have let her go alone.

Darin sighed and stood up. He was pacing the waiting room again. Mirella was sitting beside me and held onto my hand.
“What if she doesn’t make it?” I mumbled, mostly to myself.
“She’s going to be fine Paul, Elia have been prepared for this her whole life.” Darin said and looked over at me; I saw how uncertain he was. “And she wouldn’t just leave us here either way.” He started pacing faster. He was nervous.

“Darin, calm down.” Mirella gripped his hand as he passed us. “Your sister is strong, a fighter, just like her dad.”
Sorrow flashed over both of their faces and Darin sat down and wrapped his arms around his mother.
“She is very much like him, huh?” He asked her.
“You both are.” She sighed.
“What was his name? Elia never told me.” It felt a little like I was interrupting their moment.
“Roberto.” Mirella’s eyes turned a little dreamy, and I could see that their bond had to be strong. “You must miss your father a lot too, Paul.”
I nodded. “Yeah, he was a good man.”

“Stop talking about dead people, Elia is going to be fine.” Darin grumbled and stood up again. He walked out of the waiting room.
“Excuse him. He loves his father, but he still blame him for Elia not getting the surgery earlier; though it was my fault.” Mirella leaned her head against the wall.
“It’s not like you could have not paid the medical bills?” I asked.
“No. But Rob didn’t want to; he knew he was dying anyway.”
“It must have been hard.” I patted her hand.

The door from the hallway opened and I looked over expecting to see Darin; it was Dr. Johanson, she was smiling. Hope flared up in the pit of my stomach.
“She’s not awake, but her eyes respond to light.” She told us.
“Oh thank god.” Mirella put her head in her hands.
I sat there in shock as it sunk in. “So she’s going to be fine?”
“It looks like that.” the doctor smiled again.
Tears were pricking my eyes, but I didn’t let them fall. “Holy shit.” I mumbled and put a hand over my mouth in disbelief. “Elia is not blind anymore.”
The doctor laughed. “She is not. She is waking up soon so you all can go in to her room and wait.”

I stood up immediately and reached for Mirella’s hand.
“No, you should go alone; she wanted to see you first.” She stared up at me with tear streaked cheeks.
“Are you sure?” I asked.
She nodded and smiled. “She loves you.”
I returned the smile and walked on a cloud behind the doctor as she led me to Elia’s room.

Elia lay on the white bed in the middle of the room without moving. I stood in the door way and the doctor left. She was so beautiful, even though she just came out of surgery. And as I stood there admiring her beauty I thought back to the first day, the first day of forever, when I met her. I had told myself that I was going to get her, but that was not what had happened; I had let her get me, and I will not regret it one second of my life.

Her eyes were closed and she looked no different, but I knew that when she woke up and opened her eyes, it would all change for her. She would see colors; she would see me she would see herself and how amazing she is.

I pulled a chair over to the bed and sat down; I took her hand carefully in mine and kissed it. I leaned over her and kissed her forehead and her eyelids. She didn’t respond, but the beeping of the heart monitor reassured me she was there.
“What did I ever do to deserve you?” I asked her. “Please wake up soon, my beautiful monster.”

The sun was just about to go down outside the window, it was a little sad that Elia would wake up when it was dark, but I’m determined to show her everything worth seeing and more.

I sighed quietly and rubber circles on her hand.

I stood up and pushed the chair back. I was too restless to sit. I let my lips hover over hers for a few seconds after I kissed her.

“Open your eyes Elia, you have to open your eyes.” I whispered against her mouth.
♠ ♠ ♠
I totally stole that last line from One Tree Hill :P

Well anyway, I had my last exam today for a few weeks so my days will hopefully slow down a little bit :)

Thank you for all the amazing comments on the last chapter, I hope I get as many on this one even though it may be a little boring. But wasn't it a happy-sad chapter? I cried when I wrote it ^^
And you still don't know if she'll remember anything when she wakes up, I don't either, so keep sending me your suggestions :)

I'll update when I have five new comments !

Comment-Comment-Subscribe:D


~ BreeVixen