Sequel: Keep Me Together
Status: <3

Love Makes Blind

Memorizing.

[Paul's Point of View]

I woke up early with a smile on my face. I had dreamt about Elia and I couldn’t wait to see her again. I took a – cold – shower before I walked down to breakfast. I surprised my mother who sat and read the morning paper.
“Paul! Why are you up so early?” She sat down her cup of coffee and got up and started making me breakfast.
“There is this new girl, Elia.” I grinned at my mother.
“Oh! I think her mother works at the hospital, Mirella Agostino, very talented doctor.” My mother was a nurse.
I realized I knew very little about Elia.
“You have to bring her over. I’ll cook for you.” My mother gushed on.
I smiled at her enthusiasm. “She doesn’t like me yet.”
My mother turned around. “Don’t spoil it Paul if you really like her.”
“Trust me, I won’t.”
My mother knew how I was. It had been more than once she had walked in on me and some random girl.

I ate all the food my mother put on my plate.
“Shit!” I said as I looked at the clock. “Bye mom, see ya’ later.” I kissed her head and ran out the door.
I had to hurry to Elia’s house before she left. I wanted to walk her to school. I sprinted past the school and many students looked weirdly at me. She walked out of her house the minute I came there. Darin was right behind her.
“Paul’s here.” He told her with a hand on her shoulder.
Elia put her hand up and waved. “Hi Paul.”
I smiled. “Good morning Elia.” when she heard my voice she smiled too.
She looked amazing, took my breath away. Fuck that sounded gay.
“I was wondering if you wanted to walk to school with me.” I asked her when I stood in front of her.
She turned to her brother. “Is that okay?”
Darin nodded and smiled at her. “Of course, I need to look for jobs anyway.” He walked back into the house.

I took Elia’s and in mine. “Do you want to walk, or do you want a piggy-back-ride?” I asked the smiling Elia.
“A piggy-back-ride would be nice.” She grinned at me.
I hoisted her up on my back and started walking back to school.
“How was your night?” she asked me.
“Delightful.” I smirked. “How was yours?”
“Good enough.” She sighed and laid her head down on my shoulder and I could feel her breath on my neck. She lifted her head a little and kissed me below my right ear. My breath got caught in my throat.
“Elia…” I mumbled.
She straightened up on my back. “Sorry.”
Just not on my neck.” I whispered and chuckled softly.
“So your neck is your soft spot?” she giggled. “But your cheek is okay.” She put her hand on my cheek before she removed it and kissed right where it had been.
I smiled. “Correct. My lips are very kissable too.”
She smacked my head. “Don’t push it.”

I walked through the doors of the school with Elia still on my back. I spotted the losers and walked over to them.
“Wow. Look guys, Paul is here before the bell has rung.” Quil said.
I glared at him. “This is Elia. Elia this are the idiots I have to hang with.”
Elia stretched out her hand past my shoulder.
“Embry Call.” Embry shook her hand and smiled.
“Elia Agostino. Nice to meet you.” She said to him.
“I’m Jacob Black, but you can call me Jake.”
“Hi, I’m Quil Ateara, you’re the blind girl, right?” I could have hit Quil right there and then.
“I guess I am…” she slid down from my back and stumbled toward the doors.
“Damn it Quil!” I shot at him before I ran after Elia.

I saw her stumbling across the parking lot, I caught up with her and pulled her up in my arms and walked over to a bench nearby. I held her in my arms.
“Don’t care about Quil, he’s just a douchbag.” I said to her as held her head against my chest.
“He is right though. I’m just the ugly blind girl.” I felt something wet on my palm and realized she was crying.
“No, Elia, baby, you are the most beautiful, fantastic and amazing girl I have ever met. I really wish you could see yourself. Please don’t cry baby.” I begged her. I usually hated when girls cried. Now it only broke my heart and made me feel useless.
“You don’t mean that. I’m just a kid you feel like you have to help because you got me in the nurse office.”
“That’s not true. I really like you Elia, and I want to get to know you better. I wish you could see me know, ‘cause then you would have seen that I’m not lying to you. Hell, I don’t think I can lie to you.”
She nodded.

“Let’s get you cleaned up and to class. We’ll reach second period.” I told her. "what do you have?"
“My schedule is in my bag, can you find it?” she said and sniffed a little.
I picked her bag up from the ground and started looking through it. “You have advanced art with Mrs. Espinoza.” I told her. How can she be in an advanced art class when she’s blind? I wondered, but didn’t ask with fear of upsetting her.
I took her hand and lead her to the ladies room.
“Paul… you can’t be in here.” Elia muttered.
“I don’t care.” I smirked to myself. I had been in here several times before, with several different girls.
I lifted Elia up and sat her on one of the sinks. I stood between her legs and washed her cheeks. I couldn’t help the dirty thoughts that crept into my mind. Elia was seriously the sexiest girl I had been this close to. And that says a lot. She had her hair up in a high ponytail, necks where my thing. I worked really hard not to bend over and press my lips against her neck. It was so soft and beautiful. I shook the thought away before it had chance to plant itself.

“Thank you for being there for me Paul. It really means a lot.” She placed both her hands on my face.
“I meant what I said yesterday, I won’t let you down.” I chuckled when she started to move her hands around in my face. “What are you doing?”
“Memorizing your face.” she smiled. My lips parted as one of her fingers ran over my lower lips. I closed my eyes and sighed.
She removed her hands and stared at my face. “Can you follow me to class, pretty please?”
“Of course. And I’m keeping your schedule so I know where to follow you next.”

Elia hopped down from the sink and took my hand. “Then let’s go, I don’t want to miss Art!”
I laughed at her and lead her out of the ladies room and to the right classroom.
“You’re a weird little thing, huh?” I stroked her cheek.
She blushed slightly, which made me smile. “So I have been told.”
“I’ll be waiting here when the class is done. Draw me something pretty.” I smiled and bent down and kissed her forehead.
It had started walking away when she called after me. “You’re getting closer!”
“To what?” I asked.
“Making me like you.” She smiled before she walked into class.

That girl is amazing. I shook my head and chuckled before I walked to my own class.
♠ ♠ ♠
~ BreeVixen