Sequel: Keep Me Together
Status: <3

Love Makes Blind

Blind Joke.

“You smell good.” Paul said to Elia.
“Thank you, I guess.” Elia smiled to herself.
“I had a date tonight.” He said.
Elia was silent for a second. She didn’t understand why she felt hurt. “Then why are you here?”
“Because I canceled it.” he shrugged.
“Why?” Elia didn’t understand.
“Because I would rather be with you.” He kissed her hair.
“With a kid?”
Paul chuckled. “Sorry about that. Three years isn’t that much is it?”
I giggled. “Not when you think about how immature boys are.”

“How long have you been blind?” Paul asked her.
“Since I was two.” Elia looked down. She didn’t really like to talk about it, but she wanted Paul to know.
“And you are blind for the rest of your life.” it wasn’t a question.
“No. There is a operation that can give me back my sight, but my mother can’t afford it.”
Paul was silent. “Your father then?”
He died when I was five.” I mumbled and looked down.
“Guess we have something in common after all.” Paul said and lifted her face so he could see it. “My father died when I was seven.”

Elia tried to fight of the butterflies in her stomach. She could feel Paul’s hot breath on her face. She closed her eyes instinctively.
“This is all new to me Elia…” Paul whispered to the girl.
“hm..” she said. Her soft breath intoxicated Paul for a second. He didn’t want to lose his cool.
“Yeah, it’s difficult to make you like. All the other girls are easy; they just have to look at me and their sold. But you are different.”
Elia’s eyes shot open and she got up from Paul’s lap. “So that what this is, you are just trying to show everyone that you can get the blind girl on her back for you?” she yelled at his face.
Paul stood up as well. “No, damn it. I didn’t mean it like that Elia!”
“Then what do you mean?” Elia felt stupid for almost crying.
“I just – I have fucked a lot of girls. But I didn’t want to do it twice with them. That is different with you. I will never let you down. And I’m going to prove it for you.
“What, you’d ‘fuck’ me twice?” it felt weird for to say ‘fuck’. Elia never cursed.
“No! Fuck. Elia, just give me a chance. I won’t hurt you.” Paul looked down at the girl with a desperate look in his eyes. He wished she could see it.
Elia looked at the ground. “Can you just take me home Paul?”
“Of course.” Paul walked slowly; he wanted to stretch out the time with her. “Elia, I didn’t mean to offend you. Sometimes I don’t think before I talk, or its more always, than sometimes.”
Elia laughed a little. “I guess its okay.” Elia didn’t quite understand why she forgave him. Maybe it was because he was the first boy to show her any interest, or it was because she knew there was more about Paul.

When Paul set her down outside her front door, he took both her hands.
“What do I have to do to make you like me Elia?” he asked her.
Elia smiled. “You could stop being so cocky.”
She put her hands around his neck and pulled his head down. She kissed Paul’s cheek again and because she didn’t put her hand there first, she almost kissed his lips.
Paul grinned. “I‘ll try. Do I see you tomorrow?”
“Probably, but I won’t see you.” Elia answered. She still had her arms around his neck.
Paul frowned. “Why?”
Elia sighed and laughed. “It’s a blind joke.”
“Oh, right.” Paul chuckled.
He pulled her into a hug. He wrapped his arms around her and she wrapped hers around his waist.
“Bye Elia.” he kissed her temple when he let her go.
She blushed. “Good bye Paul.”

When Elia walked through the front doors she smelled the delicious smell of her mothers cocking. She rushed into the kitchen.
“Hi sweetie, who was that??” Mirella wrapped her arms around her daughter.
“Paul from school, he’s a friend of mine.” Elia shrugged. “What are you doing home? Darin said you wouldn’t be home until ten.”
“I have my break and I wanted to cook you two dinners. I’m going back to the hospital later.” Mirella turned back to the pans.
“You didn’t have to Ma.”
“But I did. Go wash your hands and get your brother.” Mirella commanded.
Elia Sighed and went upstairs for her brother.

Mirella was happy her daughter made new friends. It made her worry less so she could focus more on her job.
♠ ♠ ♠
~ BreeVixen