Sequel: Keep Me Together
Status: <3

Love Makes Blind

Nonna.

[Elia's Point of View]

My eyes were wide. Not with fear but with shock and nervousness. All these people were here to greet me.
“Elia! Don’t be shy!” Val was by my side again. “Come on. I’ll show you to everyone.” She said it like I was a new toy.
Val grabbed my elbow and started moving forward. The group of humans split so it formed a way down in the middle. I held onto Paul’s hand so he would follow after.

“This is Mara, you remember Mara right?” Val asked enthusiastic voice.
I smiled at the round woman. “Of course I do. You used to babysit me.”
“I did! It’s so good to see you Elia. you look beautiful.” She smiled at me.
I thanked her and Val guided me to the next person. Being a friend or someone I had known. I started to wonder where the red carpet and paparazzi were; because this sure felt like something that belonged in Hollywood, not in little peaceful Parghelia.

We were at the ‘end’ of the walk, and a smaller group stood at the end. An elderly woman caught my eye as she stood and wiped her eyes with a white handkerchief. She looked up and stared straight at me and I could feel myself starting to cry as she stormed towards me with her arms open.

She was a small woman, a little shorter than me, but she wrapped her arms around me and the minute she did I recognized my grandmother’s scent; it hadn’t changed for as long as I could remember.
“[Oh Elia!]” She said and held me to her chest as we both cried. “[My beautiful, beautiful Elinora. How I have missed you!]”
“[I missed you too Nonna.]” I cried and held her tightly. The whole crowd ‘aw-ed’ at our little reunion.

Nonna let me go, but kept her hold on my hand. “Straighten up bambina. It doesn’t suit a woman to cry in public.” I had forgotten how well English she spoke and how straight forward she was.
I did I was told thou. I suddenly remembered Paul – who still held onto my hand.
“Nonna, this is my boyfriend Paul Talley.” I smiled a little nervous at her.
Paul reached his hand out waiting for my grandmother to take it. “It is good to finally meet you Elinora, Elia has told me so much about you.”
She stared at his hand for a second before she smiled. “It’s good to meet you too Paul.” She then waved her hand, motioning for him to bend down.
I grinned as she kissed both his cheeks; meaning she approved.

“Now go on. I’m sure you want to meet your friends.” Nonna smiled and hugged me again. There is something special about hugs from a grandmother. No matter how long it has been since the last time you got one, they feel the same; the safest place in the whole world.
“Where are they anyway?” I asked, a little disappointed that no one had shown up.

“Elia!” I heard from behind, as if on cue.
I let go of Nonna and Paul and spun around. “Gina?” I asked in wonder at the beautiful girl standing before me.
She nodded excitedly. I let out a scream; she did the same and we grabbed each other hands and started jumping around.
“Oh my god! I can’t believe you can see me!” she gushed.
“You are so pretty Gi!” I said as we continued to spin. Gina was the only thing I saw clearly.
“We better stop or I’ll puke.” Gina said and I laughed as we slowed down before we came to a complete stop. She hugged me.
“Where are the others?” I asked.
“Patience; you’ll see them soon enough.” She rolled her eyes.

“Paul!” Gina turned and hugged my boyfriend. “How are you? Elia told me about the accident.”
“I’m good.” He smiled.
I snapped my fingers in front of her face. “Now where are they?”
“Fine, at the beach. Follow me.” She grabbed my hand and I grabbed Paul and Gina dragged us away from the crowd.
I sighed in relief and Paul looked at me in concern. I shook my head, we could talk later.

“I see you finally realized Elia has feet on her own, Paul.” Gina joked and led us down a rocky path. I could hear the waves a little further down. Everything was so beautiful and sunny. It was even prettier.
Paul laughed. “I don’t feel completely comfortable with it yet.”
I smiled at him.

We were at the part of a beach that tourists didn’t know about and other locals didn’t bother to use. I had never seen it before, but I still recognized it. I had spent most of my childhood and later my summers here.

Six boys and three girls stood in a line a little further ahead of us; they looked like they were waiting for a military inspection with serious faces.
“There you have them.” Gina said and walked over to them quickly and stopped next to a boy on the far end. He wrapped his arm around her waist so I guessed it was Mario.
A couple of them, well the six boys had a hard time keeping their faces serious and not to stare at Paul with skeptical eyes.
“Okay Elia. We have the ultimate test for you.” Gina said. “You must recognize each of us. Well not me of course.”

My smile faltered a little. “It’s so embarrassing if I get anyone wrong.” I whined.
One of the boys laughed. “That’s what makes it fun for us.” he said.
“Long time no see Michael.” I smiled at him.
“Nice move stupid.” The boy next to him hissed.
“Luca.” I nodded to them.
A girl with brown straight hair and sparkling eyes started giggling.
“Cara.” I pointed.
She smiled at me. “Nice for you to finally see me Elia.”

“Oh come on. This is just too easy!” A boy broke out from the row and walked over to me and hugged me. “I missed you bambina.”
“I missed you too Angelo.” I hugged him back.
“Okay now point out the rest of us.” The boy next to Cara said; Dino.
I sighed and walked a little closer to him. “Aha! You must be Leo.” I grinned.
His face fell. “Don’t you recognize me?” he asked.
“Of course I do Dino, because this is Leo,” I said and turned to him. “because he stands next to Sienna, whom I recognize because of her beautiful curls.”
She hugged me.

“And you are Mario.” I pointed at him.
He smiled and bowed his head. “How did you point us out so easily?” he asked.
I shrugged. “I know you guys.”
“Why is Angelo the only one that gets a hug?” Michael asked with a frown.
Before I got the chance to reply they had all exchanged glances with each other and came towards me and surround me with a big group hug.

When they finally let me go I looked around for a second.
“Where is Matteo?” I asked uncertain.
“Speak of the sun,” Luca started.
“and the sun shall appear.” Michael finished.
Everybody looked at something behind me. I turned around swiftly and saw a boy – or maybe it was a man – jogging along the waterline towards where I stood. He was wearing jeans and a white t-shirt, his hair was dirty blonde.

“Ellie!” he called. Only one person in the entire world called me Ellie.
I could feel my heart staring to beat faster and faster.
♠ ♠ ♠
I updated :) You have to look forward to the next chapter! What did you think about the reunion? I hope I didn't make it too complicated :P

I'll update if I get five new comments !

Comment-Comment-Subscribe :D


~ BreeVixen