Sequel: Keep Me Together
Status: <3

Love Makes Blind

No return.

Seth stared at Elia with wide eyes. Their eyes had been connected since he had rushed into her house after receiving mysterious call from her only telling him that he needed to come over quick.
“You need me to help you with what?” Seth asked again. He was confused.
“You have to help me order a plane ticket to Parghelia. I know you can use the computer.” She had tried to turn the computer on but had given up and called Seth instead.
Seth sighed. “Why are you running away Elia?”

Elia got defensive. She wasn't running, she had stopped running. “I'm not running Seth, I just don't feel like staying here. Nothing holds me.”
Seth's eyes changed from shock to sadness. “Nothing? Your brother and Leah? Me?” his voice cracked at the end.
It hurt Elia and she puled her friend into a hug. “I’m sorry Seth. You know I love you.”
“You don’t have to leave just because Paul did.” Seth said as he held Elia against his chest and rested his head on her shoulder.
She was his best friend, someone he could share all his thoughts with voluntary and trust. He felt like Elia was his sister and he was even closer to her than Leah.

“You can come with me.” Elia suggested.
He sighed and pulled away, but held her face between his hands. “I really want to Elia. But I-”
“But you can’t because of Sofia. I get that. But think of this from my perspective; I want a new begging. I thought I was going to get one here with Paul, but then he goes and screw things up. I want to go to Parghelia, its my home. I have friends and family there.”
“You have friends and family here too.” Seth said and rested his forehead against Elia’s.
“Please, Seth. I thought you would support me, isn’t that what best friends are supposed to do?” She knew it wasn’t fair to say that. Seth valued their friendship very highly.

Seth sighed. “Fine. But only if I can come visit you.”
Elia grinned at him and grabbed his hand. “Come on! We have a plane ticket to order!”
They made their way into the home office and turned the computer on. Seth sat at the chair and Elia hung over his shoulder.
“Okay, the earliest plane leaves in three days.” Seth searched through the websites of different airlines.
“Book it!” Elia exclaimed.

“And when do you want the return ticket?”
She fell silent and closed her eyes. She knew he would have objections.
“Elia?” Seth asked and glanced over at her.
No return ticket.” she whispered.
“You’ve got to be kidding me!” Seth slammed the laptop screen down and rose from the chair. “Have you even thought this through? You haven’t even talked to Darin about it!”
“I am old enough to decide myself.” Elia said and crossed her arms over her chest.
“But Elia!” Seth said in a pleading voice. “What are you going to do there? Just hang around? You can’t do that for long before you’re broke.”

Elia had thought things through. “I am going to start with an Italian course and learn how to read and write, then I’ll get a job at the per-school. I still have the house and I can probably rent out some rooms as well and get extra money. I’ll help Nonna and some of the other old ladies there to clean their houses.”
Seth sighed before he sat down in front of the computer again and booked the plane tickets to her. “Done, you’ll get them in the mail tomorrow.”
Elia threw her arms around Seth neck. “Thank you Seth, you are the best.”

Seth couldn’t help but smile. “I know, but you take the blame when Paul get back and flip out and tries to rip my head of.”
Elia waved her hand in the air. “No problem, I’m not afraid of wolves.”
“Speaking of wolves, can you promise me one thing?”
“Of course.” Elia smiled as they made their way to the living room.
“Don’t get close to Matteo. I know he’s your best friend and blah blah blah. But I wouldn’t forgive myself if he hurt you again.” Seth babbled and sat down on the couch.

Elia frowned slightly. It wouldn’t be hard to hold. She had been in Italy once since she was sixteen and her relationship with Matteo had turned awkward. He was afraid to be around her and she didn’t know how to act around him. They were more friends than best friends. Angelo told her once that he had changed and started dating various woman, because he was searching for his imprint.

“I have to leave now, work, you know. But I’ll come over later and help you pack. Talk to Darin and Leah and all the others.” Seth said and hugged her.
“Will do boss.” Elia smiled at him. “I have to call Angelo and Gina as well; they will be exited.

Seth left and Elia was alone again. She felt oddly calm, and her seeing again wasn’t as exited as it had been the first time. Elia went up to her room and found her suitcases. She started with picking out some clothes and photo’s. Her heart stung as she saw a picture of a beautiful dark haired man. She knew it was Paul.

Her tears came back. He hadn’t been gone for one day but she was already hurting over him. How could he be so stupid? Elia took the picture out of its frame and folded the picture twice. She would keep that one in her wallet; then she knew she always had it but didn’t have to see it all the time, that would be too hard.

Elia picked up the phone when she had gotten a grip over her emotions and started with calling Angelo. One thing Elia was looking forward to was learning to read and getting a normal cell phone. Their conversation lasted well over an hour; Angelo couldn’t wait until she got there and he promised to search for a course for her as soon as possible and even suggested that he could learn her how to write and read – he was a teacher as well.

The talk with Gina wasn’t that long, but girls talk quicker and get in a lot of information on shorter time. They planned more fun things like shopping and having beach parties. Gina worked as a PR-manager for some Italian stars and she promised lots of upper class parties as well.

The both of them couldn’t be more happy to hear that Elia got her sight back. Angelo told her that it would maybe make her and Matteo’s relationship better. Elia didn’t want to talk about it. Gina promised to run over to Nonna’s house and share the great news, and that would lead to the whole town knowing before the sun set.

Elia heard the front door open and close just as she hung up with Gina and she knew that either Darin or Leah were back.
“Elia, we’re home!” She heard Leah call.
Great, she had to face both of them at the same time. She started feeling like a cowardly teenager again, but brushed it off because she was a adult after all, it wouldn’t matter what they had to say.

“I’m coming!” Elia called back and walked out in the hallway with insecure steps.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bleh. Suckish and not well written. Please tell me if you want me to keep up with these not so good updates or if you want me to wait till I get my lap top back. I'll get it in probably two weeks.

EEEEEEEEEEEE! It's less than twenty-four hours until the premiere of Eclipse! :D:D:D How many times are you going to see the movie? I'm thinking at least three times, because I can't afford more tickets, but I'm sure I would live in the movie theater if I could :D

Haha, I just need to know what you think of my Emmett story , so please tell me!

Just comment. You know I usually ask for a number of comments, but I want to see how many of you will comment if I don't ask for two, five or ten :)

Comment and Subscribe !


~ BreeVixen