An Open Book

When will it be my turn,

I love you.

And it has taken me this long to admit it but I finally am. You are my best friend, and I have always wished for something more. At first it felt like just a crush, simple sentimental feelings but slowly I have realized that it has become more than that, a strong addiction, a attraction.

Whenever we touch, a surge of electricity just seems to go right through me. My body feels lit, on fire. whenever I see you, I smile like crazy. You make me happy when I am sad, even when I am freaking out in my head, you know, like a mind reader, when no one else can see it and you just simply hug me.

We trust each other, we tell each other everything. I feel confident to tell you even my most embarrassing moments, my horrible secrets and know that you will laugh at first but that you would keep my secrets to your grave.

I miss you every time you don't go to school, every time we have to stay away from each other and when its midnight on a school day and I have to tell you good bye on a text. I hate being away from you.

These feelings are stronger than I have ever felt before, they feel like love. And even though I don't believe in high school love, this is what I think it is.

But you will never feel the same about me.

Because to you, I'm just your best friend.

I am short, tan, with dark hair and dark eyes. Everything about me is just plain average

She was skinny, pretty with light eyes and hair and fair skin. With a unique personality, intelligent and attractive. And so of course you dated her.

And I was there when she broke up with you, I was there when you felt insecure, unsure of what you were doing. I found out what she liked and what she disliked so I could help you woe her, and sweep her off her feet. I did all of this for you, because even though I did not want to see you with her, I knew she made you happy.

And when you guys broke up, I hate to say it but I was happy as hell. Maybe I would finally get that chance...

But then you had to ruin it two months later by telling me you like the new girl. She is skinny and pretty, with light eyes and hair and fair skin. With a unique personality, intelligent and attractive...sound familiar?

And so once again, I am helping you win her over by befriending her. Oh the things I do for you...

But I ask, when will it be my turn?

For you to gaze those eyes on me.

You, are my deepest secret. I just wish that one day, I can finally tell you.
♠ ♠ ♠
~Millie