Mistake After Mistake

Making Bets

My mom came in my room the next morning attempting to wake me up.
“COME ON AMANDA! WAKEY WAKEY! GET YOUR LITTLE BUTT UP BEFORE I DO IT FOR YOU!!!” she yelled, jumping on my bed like she was a little kid.
“Stop it mom…” I mumbled and shoved my head under a pillow.
“Oh come on honey, its already noon, and you need to get a good nights sleep tonight, and that isn‘t going to happen if I let you sleep in any longer, so GET UP!” she said, right in my ear. I sat up and smacked her in the stomach with my pillow.
“I‘m up, now can you please go away?” “Yea yea yea… gosh, why are you so damn cranky in the mornings??” my mom asked as she walked out of my room, closing the door.

I stood up and stretched, then looked in the mirror. “Jeez, my hair looks like crap, I really need a shower…” I said to myself.
I walked into the bathroom and took a really hot shower, since my bedroom was freezing. After I got out, I put on a pair of Hollister sweatpants and a football sweatshirt. I opened my window to let the air flow through my room and picked up my Gibson Acoustic Hummingbird Vintage(Look up what this guitar looks like, its amazing!) and started randomly messing with the different notes.

I got bored with that and decided to actually play a song. I got out my song notebook and opened it to a song I had been working on during the winter break but I had just gotten stuck so I stopped writing it. I started playing the song and softly singing it, until the words just flowed and I was continuously playing my guitar for a few seconds and then scribbling words into my notebook. After I finally finished the whole song, I got excited and immediately called Sammi so I could play it for her.

“Hey Amanda, what’s up?” was how she answered the phone. “I FINALLY finished the song I was working on over winter break!” I said excitedly.
“DUDE! Play it for me!” she squealed. “Ok, hang on, let me put my phone on speaker.” I said and put my phone down next to me on my bed. I had my notebook open in front of me and my guitar resting on my lap. I started playing the song, and as I sang, my voice slowly got louder, until the end of the song. I smiled and picked up the phone.

“So, what did you think?” “I think you need to go get a record deal, like, right now!” she screamed. I laughed and said,
“Sammi, I could NEVER be in the spotlight all the time. And if I ever become famous, I‘m dragging you with me, cuz you are even more talented than me!” we argued about who was more talented until I heard a knock on my door.
“Come in.” I said as Kevin opened my door. “Hey Sammi, I have to go, can I call you back later and we will finish this discussion?” I laughed.
“Yea sure, I have to go too actually. Bye Amanda!” she screamed into the phone and hung up. I chuckled. “Hey Kev, what are you doing here?” I asked.

“Was that you singing and playing guitar a few minutes ago?” “Yea… why?” I asked, blushing.
“Because, you are AMAZING! You have such a beautiful voice!” he exclaimed, sitting next to me on my bed.
“I mean, my voice is OK, but its not all fantastic.” I mumbled.
“What are you talking about?! You are better than A LOT of famous singers that are out there these days!” he said, chuckling.
“Oh, I highly doubt that.” I said with a smile on my face. “Wanna bet?” he said, smirking at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
ok, i don't know how long it will be until i get chapter 5 out, considering i still have to write it, but four chapters in one day, I think that's a pretty darn good start! =]