Status: Done and Dusting. :)

It Hurts in the Worst Way

Twelve

My eyes slowly opened on me, though I didn’t want them too. I wanted to stay asleep but at the same time I couldn’t, if that made any real sense. I sighed and rolled into my side. I felt like I was burning up. I had already pushed the blankets off me and I was wearing ¾ sleep pants and a singlet. But I was still hot, I felt like I was sweating.

I ripped the curtains of my bunk open and got out my bunk. I couldn’t lie there anymore. I walked to the kitchen area and opened the fridge. I grabbed out my water bottle and took a drink. I could feel the ice cold water go down my throat. I put the lid back on the bottle and shut the fridge. That made me feel a little cooler. For a moment at least. I turned away from the fridge.
The whole bus was dark. I could make out most of the stuff from the small bit of the street lights and rising sunlight that shone through the edges of the curtains. Well I think those shapes is the furniture...

I bit my lip and walked carefully to the lounge area just managing not to hit the table. I turned the light on but quickly turn them down so they were dull. Mostly because I didn’t want to wake the others and because it hurt my eyes. I blinked a few times until my eyes adjusted better, I should have turned them down before turning the lights on. Oh well.

I turned and lay down across the couch. Today after we came home from the cafe all we did was watch TV. And I barely finished that small milkshake; I ended up giving it to garbage guts meaning Max to have. I just don’t feel like eating, at all. In fact I feel like shit. My body hurt but at the same time it didn’t, if that made sense and I still feel like I’m burning up. I hope I’m not coming down with something again. It’s bad enough I have an annoying ant bite on my hand and a cut on my foot.

I groaned annoyed and rolled over onto my side facing the couch. You know this thing really needs a clean; it stinks. I sighed and shut my eyes. Hopefully I can get back to sleep for a bit.

*~*~*

“Why the hell is it so cold out here?” Max mumbled.

I looked over my shoulder at him just as he turned off the air con that I had on. I was that hot I had to turn it on to cool down. Max yawned and walked to where I was on the couch. He then jumped surprised when he noticed me there.

“Oh hey Claire.” He smiled. “You’re up early.”
“Yeah.” I sighed.

He then smiled hugely.

“Guess what! I had this awesome dream last nigh-“

I cut him off my holding my hand up. He stopped talking and looked at me tilting his head to the side. His “awesome dreams” are normally either really weird or gross.

“No offence Max but how I’m feeling right now I don’t give a flying fuck about dreams. Tell me later yeah?”
“None taken.” He smiled. “I’ll tell you later, so what’s wrong?”
“I feel like crap.” I moaned rolling over so I was facing him and not the couch.

He sat down on the ground next to me. Well really just falling to the ground and making the bus move a little. I rolled my eyes trying not to smile. He always does that. Max reached up and placed his hand on my forehead.

“Well you’re hot.” He said then smirked. “In more ways than one.”

I hit his arm and he laughed. I smiled shaking my head. He was trying to make me laugh or at least smile.

“Why thankyou Maxi.”
“You’re welcome!” He beamed.

I couldn’t help but laugh a little then. Max smirked again.

“But I know someone that thinks you gorgeous.” He smiled.

I looked at him.

“Who?” I automatically asked.
“I promise I wouldn’t say who or else he would bash my head in. But he said nothing about me
telling about what he thinks about you.”
“Oh, ok then...”

He chuckled. Normally I would press it a little more, but right now I couldn’t be bothered. But the question did start flying around my head. Who would think that about me?

“Max what are you doing?” Craig asked from nowhere.

I looked up seeing him walk over to us rubbing his eyes.

“Talking to Claire, dur.” Max said.

I chuckled. Craig moved his hands from his eyes and blinked.

“Oh, sorry didn’t see you there.”
“That’s ok.”

I move over a little on the couch and Craig sat down on the edge and yawned which made Max yawn which made me yawn. We all laughed a little. Max then stood up and started walking to the kitchen.

“Anyone want some food?” He asked.
“I’ll get myself something soon.” Craig said
“No thanks.” I mumbled.

Craig looked down at me and I looked away from his eyes. I think he is starting to worry that I’m not eating anything. But I’m just not hungry. I heard Craig sigh loudly which made me look at him. He moved and lied down next to me. He looked up at the ceiling before closing his eyes. I let my head fall limp to the side and rest in his shoulder. Lucky this couch is just big enough. If I was laying flat then there would be no room for the both of us.

“Tired?” I asked him.

He nods his head before yawning again. Without opening his eyes he managed to find one of my hands and hold it in his. I let my eyes close on me slowly. I was still tried. After I woke up and lay on the couch I have had no sleep and I did stay up late with the guys last night as well.

Craig then moved making my head slide of his shoulder and into the couch. I felt the couch move more and him swapping hands that was holding mine. I peaked my eye open for a second. He had moved so he was lying on his side. I let my eye close on me again. Suddenly I could feel Craig’s fingers slowly trail up my arm. His skin was cool, it felt nice.

“What...?” He breathed.

Then I felt him move again. I sighed. Would he just keep still?

“What, what?” I asked mumbling.
“What’s this rash on you arm?” He asked.
“I have a rash on my arm?” I asked opening my eyes.

I blinked for a moment; my eyes wanted to stay shut on me. I lifted my head up to see what Craig was looking at on my arm. There on my shoulder and to my elbow was a red blocky rash. Well I didn’t notice I had that before. It kinda looks like a heat rash...But different. I blinked again.

“I have no idea.” I said answering Craig’s question. “I had no idea it was there.”

I sat up slowly and almost fell back down but Craig caught me. Whoa head rush.

“Are you ok?” He asked.
“Yeah, I’m just really tired.”

I looked at my other arm to see the rash on it too in roughly the same spot. Ok...This is odd. I lifted up my shirt to look at my stomach. I didn’t care that Craig was sitting right next to me as I did that. There was nothing on my stomach. I check my legs below the knees, nothing there.

“It is on my back?” I asked turning my back to Craig.

He slid my shirt up enough to see my lower back.

“Yeah there is, not as bad as you arms though...”

He dropped my shirt.

“Ok thanks. I have no idea what it’s from.” I yawned. “Probably one of those stupid head rashes I get some times, I felt like I was burning up before.”

I then yawned again. Craig looked at my arm, kinda staring at it in thought.

“Geez ant bites, cut foot and now rashes. What are we going to do with you?” Max asked.

I looked at him sitting on the table. I shrugged and rested my head on Craig’s shoulder. He was still just looking at my arm; probably trying to think of all the things it could be from. Right now from how I’m feeling and how tired I am; I don’t really care. I yawned yet again and closed my eyes.

“You look exhausted.” Craig mumbled.

I could feel his eyes on my face. I just nodded telling him that I was.

“Craig you better take her to bed before he falls asleep there.” Max said sounding like he had half a mouth full of food.
“Better. Come on Claire.” Craig said.

He moved and pulled on my hand gently. I sighed opening my eyes and slowly got off the couch. Bed actually sounds good right about now. Craig wrapped his arm around my waist when I stood up. I looked over at Max who smiled softly.

“Sweet dreams.” He smiled.

I smiled back at him lightly.

“Nigh-morning Max.” I said.

He laughed and I smiled at him again. Me and Craig walked over to the bunks. Robert and Monte must still be asleep. I can tell one of them is. I can head their loud breathing; just on the edge of snoring. We got to my bunk and I climbed in mine. I just flopped down right where I was on top of the blanket with my head on the pillow. Craig laughed lightly.

“You really are tired aren’t you.” He stated more than asked.
“Yup...” I mumbled trailing off.
“Can I join?” He asked quietly.

I rolled making room for him. I felt the bunk move slightly as he got in next to me and heard the curtains on the bunk slide close.

“Sweet dreams.” Craig whispered in my ear.

I smiled and moved with my eyes closed somehow so my head was resting on his shoulder. I felt his arms wrapped around me just as I slipped off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
So who thinks they know what is wrong with Claire?
And who is the person Max said they think she is gorgeous?
Did you like this chapter?
comment and tells me! :Dplus comments make me update, so comment for that too ;]