Status: Done and Dusting. :)

It Hurts in the Worst Way

TwentyFour

I pulled the sleeping Max’s shoes off and pulled the blanket over him. He had passed out half through the movie lying across the bed sideways. I was going to move him so he had his head on the pillow. But I didn’t even try, I might be out of hospital but I know I’m not 100% yet and plus, Max does look small but he can be pretty heavy...I think it’s from all the accessories he wears.

Smiling softly as Max rolled in his sleep to his side, I looked away from him and at Monte and Rob who were stuck sharing a bed. They were both asleep to, apparently they didn’t go to bed like till 4am yesterday then got up early to get me at the hospital. Silly idiots. Then again they are my idiots.

I sniffed a yawn and looked over towards the bathroom where Craig currently was. He has been in there for quite a while now...I bit my lip. I wonder if he is ok.

I walked to the door and stopped tapping quietly on the door.

“Yeah?” Craig muttered from the other side of the door.
“Hey...Um, are you ok in there? You’ve been in there for a while.” I said so he could hear me but not to disturb the sleeping guys.
“Uh, yeah, I was washing my hair.” He muttered back after a moment.
“Ok.” I nodded though he couldn’t see. “Keep quiet when you come out yeah? The guys are asleep.”

For a few seconds I heard no reply. I started at the door and heard the tap turn on in there.

“OK, hun. You go to bed too; I’ll be out in a moment.”
“Sure, that was my plan anyway.” I chuckled.

I turned away from the door and walked over to the only empty bed but stopped half way across the room; instead I turned to the main door of the room and turned off the light of the room. The lamp beside my bed was on already so I could still see.

I got the bed and pulled back the covers and got in. It was so soft, so much softer then the hospital beds, that’s for sure. I smiled and pulled the blankets over me and snuggled down in the mattress so all anyone could see of me was my eyes and the top of my head. I chuckled and curled up smiling.

A short moment after the bathroom door opened and Craig walked out...Shirtless. Sure I’ve seen him like that heaps and heaps of times, but still, doesn’t make the picture less hotter.

I watched as he dumped the stuff in his arms on his bag and wonder over to our bed. As he pulled the covers of his side back, he noticed how I was and raised an eyebrow while looking amused. I smiled through he couldn’t see it and he got into the bed next to me.

“So why are you hiding for?” He whispered.
“I’m not hiding.” I whispered back. “It’s comfy like this.” I said blinking.

I could tell he was holding back a laugh as he reached over and turned the light out. The room went darker, but the lights from the streets outside shone around the curtains enough to light the room a bit, well enough to see dark shapes.

I felt Craig move and suddenly the blanket was pulled up over my head and I felt Craig wrap his arms around me while moving closer.

“What ya doing?” I asked curious.
“Deciding to hide.” He whispered back. “And of course you have to hide with me.”

I chuckled and felt him kiss my forehead.

“And what exactly are we hiding from?”
“Um, the world?” He asked unsure.

I shrugged and he chuckled and I could feel his warm breath move across my face. I smiled and moved so I was looking to where his eyes would have been, if I could see them.

I felt Craig’s fingers moved up my arm, shoulder, and neck till they were on my cheek. They stopped after a moment on my lips. I smiling and then felt his fingers moved away and his lips replaced them. As I kissed him back I somehow found his hand and threaded my fingers through his. I felt him smiling before pulling away from me. But not before another quick peck on my lips.

“Sweet dreams.” He whispered.
“Good night.” I whispered back.

The blanket was pulled off our heads and I smiled softly. Craig moved so he was lying close to me still but with his arms around my waist and my head under his chin. I wrapped my arm around him too and closed my eyes.

I feel asleep smiling.

*~*~*

The shock for a random little dream I had was just enough to wake me from my sleep. For some reason I was dreaming of us at some club partying for something and Max asked if he could dance on the striper poll while I was dancing with Craig. That was the shock that woke me, him asking...Ew. Sure it would have been funny, but still that would be weird to see.

I shook my head lightly eyes still closed and rolled over in the bed curling up into a ball beside Craig. I could feel the warmth of him right in front of me. In a way I wanted to wrap my arm around him but I didn’t move, in case it woke him. I snuggled down into the mattress and started to try and get myself back to sleep.

I then heard Craig sight. But it wasn’t one that you would make in your sleep. It was one of those ‘I’m bored’ or frustrated ones. I peaked one of my eyes open.

He was sitting up in bed; back against the headrest.

Now why exactly is he awake for? And in the middle for the night? I opened both my eyes properly and looked at him better. He was looking across the room way off into his own world. I moved forward and wrapped my arms around his waist. He jumped a little and looked down at me; I looked back up at him.

“Can’t sleep?” I asked a bit croaky from sleep.

Craig shrugged and bit his lip while running a hand through my hair. After a moment he nodded to my question. I snuggled up to him more and he placed one hand on mine while his other hand continued running through my hair. He looked slightly troubled.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

Craig lent down and kissed my forehead. He then moved so he was lying down in the bed on his back, somehow moving me so my head was on his chest at the same time. He wrapped his arms around me too.

“Just been thinking a lot, it’s stopping me from sleeping.” He whispered.
“Do you want to talk about it? It could help.” I suggested whispering.

Craig was quiet for a moment. I wasn’t going to push him into talking but I want to make sure he remembers that he can talk to me about anything anytime. I’ll always be here for him, no matter what. I want to help him while he still going through all of this. I want to be there for him.

“I guess we can. I was just thinking about Andy and Carol.” He said quietly.

I nod my head softly. Showing I was listening and if he wanted he could continue.

“I was thinking about what it was like for Mum and my family on the day of their funeral...” He trailed off.

I froze. They have had it already? When?

I replayed and counted the days in my head and felt my eyes widen. It’s been way longer than what I thought it has been. I’ve lost track of the days. I lifted my head to look at Craig in the eyes.

“When was it?” I asked surprised.
“Didn’t I tell you?” He asked confused.

I shook my head softly. And he made an ‘o’ shape with his mouth.

“Sorry, I thought I did...It was on the night I did that show.” He said. “That’s why I did the show, for them, but if I would have known you would end up in hospital from it I wouldn’t have done it.” He whispered.
“No, no one would have known that would happen to me.” I whispered shaking my head. “I hope you don’t mind me asking, but why didn’t you go to it?” I asked confused.
“I wouldn’t have made it, I check the flight times and there were no flights in time for it, I didn’t find out till late.” He sighed. “I talked to Mum on the phone about it; she was the one to suggest doing the show.”

I nod my head and rested it back on his chest.

“Did the guys know you did the show for them?” I asked.
“Yeah, I told them before the show.”

I nod my head again and pattered the spot on Craig my hand was resting. He took that hand in his and held it. I heard him yawn and felt it too since my head was still resting on his chest.

“Why don’t you try and go back to sleep again yeah?” I suggested. “You look pretty tired.”
“Yeah I guess.” He said before yawning again.

I chuckled and looked up at him. He gave me soft smile his eyes half closed. I leaned up and pecked his lips before placing my head next to his on the pillow this time. Craig ducked his head under my chin and snuggled up to me. I giggled quietly as he kissed my neck.

I felt him smiling against my skin and I moved my hand to run through his soft hair.

We stayed like that for a long time and I waited and watched him as he slowly fell asleep. It wasn’t till I know he was by his calm breathing before I shut my eyes again letting myself go back to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you liked it! :D
I just finished writing the last chapter of this story. It ends at 30. :]
So it's up to yous how fast I update this.
Show me some story love? :D