Status: Done and Dusting. :)

It Hurts in the Worst Way

Nine

The sound of the music and a few hundred screaming fans filled the whole venue so loud that it was so hard to hear anything else. It was crazy. Ash and I had to yell at each other just to talk. I was sitting down by the boxes and he was doing the most serving. It’s really hard to hear what shirts he needs and what the fans tell him. I just can’t get over how loud it is; I’ll be half deaf by the end of the night.

“Claire!” Ash yelled looking at me.
“Yeah?” I asked yelling.
“I need a black album shirt in a small size!” He yelled but half way through his sentence the music stopped.

We started laughing including the small group of girls that Ash was serving. I chuckled nodding my head before looking for the box with those types of shirts. I found the box and pulled a small sized shirt out. I handed it to Ash and he handed it to one of the girls.

“Thanks.” She smiled.
“Your welcome.” He smiled back. “And what would you like?” He asked another girl.
“The white one with the black writing.” She said pointing to it on the board.

I turned and grabbed that shirt from the box. I handed it to Ash. The two girls smiled at us and walked off back to the show. Ash came and sat next to me as there was no one else around at the moment. The music started again, this time a little more quiet than before.

“Stop scratching your hand, it’ll make it worse.” Ash said taking both of my hands.

I didn’t even notice that I was scratching it again; it’s been so itchy tonight, before it was driving me nuts. Ash let my hands go. I smiled innocently at him, he chuckled.

“Yeah I know it will make is worse, but it’s so fucking itchy!” I said loudly over the music.
“When did it bite you again?” He asked.
“Yesterday.”

He nods his head.

“Have you tried toothpaste on it yet?” He asked.
“No not yet.” I laughed.

Amazingly enough putting toothpaste on itchy bites actually helps a lot. But it wasn’t itchy till now so that’s why I didn’t do it before. I made my hand into a fist trying to ignore it; it didn’t work.

“Would putting a glove over it help?” Ash asked.
“Um, I don’t know and I don’t have any gloves.” I state thinking of where he could have gotten that idea from.

Then I noticed him pulling one of his black fingerless gloves off. He gently picked up my hand and pulled it on. I was a little surprised that he did that. Then again Ash does surprise a person often, that’s the type of person he is. He smiled at me.

“Thanks cuz.” I smiled back.
“Your welcome!” He exclaims hugging me out of nowhere.

I laughed and hugged him back. That’s classic Ash for you, totally random and mood changing. One minute he’s quiet and shy-ish then he’s loud and jumping off the walls. But that’s why I love about him. We pulled away and Ash stood up to serve another person. Then I noticed that there was no music. I looked at my watch. They should be finishing about now.

“Thanks for rocking out with us have an awesome fucking night!” Max’s voice echoed though the venue, as if right on cue.

I chuckled and looked up to see some fans already walking past. Well another show was done for the tour. I wonder how Craig is doing; he did look a little worried before as he went into the guys change room...I’m kinda worried about him, though I know I probably shouldn’t be. He’s a strong person...

“Claire!” Ash yelled suddenly in front of me.

I jumped and sighed as he laughed.

“Sorry I zoned out a little.”
“Thanks ok.” He chuckled. “I need a medium size album shirt.”

I nod my head and got it standing up. I took the two steps to Ash and handed it to him. He passed it to some teen that smile at us before walking away. Ash then turned to me.

“Ok babe, you have been worried about something all night, I can tell. What’s wrong?” He asked.

I sighed I guess I have a bit in my own world tonight. I looked up to see a few people waiting to be served.

“It nothing actually, I guess I’m just worrying about something that I really shouldn’t fuss over.”
“Ok, but you’re still telling me after.” He started.

I laughed and nod my head. We both turned to serve some of the fans.

*~*~*

“Heads!” Ash yelled.

I quickly ducked as a bunch of shirts skimmed my head and landed in the box. I laughed. What a good shot!

“Score!” He cheered.

I laughed more and packed the last of the shirts away into the back bottom storage area of the bus. Suddenly Ash dumped a box in next to me. Ok that was the last one. I watched as Ash closed the little door. Now I could finally sit and relax. I smiled and turned to walk around the bus to the door to wait for the others but Ash caught my wrist stopping me. I turned and looked at him raising my eyebrow.

“Ok, now you have to spill.” He smiled.

I sighed, he is not going to give up, and I know it. He sat down on the ground and pulled me down next to him. He looked at me with a soft caring face. I chuckled a little.

“Ok, I’ll tell you if I must.”
“Yay!” He cheered.

We both laughed a little. He was always good at making people laugh at the smallest of things. I was about to say what has got me worried but he bet me in speaking.

“Can I guess?” He asked talking my good hand in his randomly.
“Sure.” I shrugged.

He smiled softly.

“Craig.”

I looked at him a little shocked but then I smiled shaking my head lightly. In a way I guess it’s kinda obvious.

“Yeah it is.” I said softly. “I’m just kinda worried about how he’s going. I know that he’s a strong person but just seeing him after he got the bad news. I’ve never seen him like this in all the years that I’ve known him.” I said looking down.

Just the look in his eyes and the way he cried himself to sleep like that. It actually scared me seeing him like that.

Ash let go of my hand and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. I smiled and rested my head on his shoulder.

“He’ll be ok, it will take a while but he will. It just takes time.”
“Yeah.” I nod my head.
“I know he means a lot to you and it would mean a lot to him by you just being there for him.”

I nod my head again smiling. He was always good with advice. Ash then looked at me with a cheeky smile. I looked at him confused.

“So when are you going to ask him out?” He asked smirking.

I pulled away from him hitting his arm. He laughed.

“I know you like him that way; I saw how you were with him when you save me from the guard today. Just admit it.”

I felt my cheeks heat up slightly. I looked away and he laughed. I bit my lip lightly.

“Come on you can tell me cuzzie.” He smiled.

For years he has been going on that I like Craig though he had never met him until today. It’s true that at one time I did have a crush on him, but I just kinda ignored it and just focused on our friendship. To tell the truth I have no idea if I like Craig like that or not.

“I...Don’t know.” I said.
“Well you never know until you kiss him.” Ash smirked.

I hit his arm again just making him laugh loudly.

“Shut up.” I mumbled.

He quietens down and stood up holding his hand out for mine. I took it with my good hand and stood up careful of my foot.

“I’m sorry; I’m just having fun with you.”
“It’s ok.” I smiled.
“But it’s true.”

He turned and ran before I could say anything. I sighed. Ash will be Ash. I started walking as fast as I could after him. I rounded the bus and opened the door to the bus; just as I did I could hear Ash laughing inside.

Suddenly someone wrapped their arms around from behind me. I looked behind me to see Max smiling at me.

“Hey Claire!” He said.
“Hi Max. How was the show?” I asked as he let me go so I could face him.
“It was awesome! I jumped off the stage.” He smiled at if he was proud of himself.

I laughed shaking my head. Then Robert walked passed kissing my cheek and walked onto the bus. I chuckled. Max then followed him in. I caught sight of Monte walking over to me and I smiled at him. He smiled back.

“Hiya.” I smiled as he hugged me.

I was about so say something but he cut me off.

“If you’re looking for Craig he’s still in the change room.”
“Ok. How was he?” I asked.
“I think he was ok. He wasn’t right into it like he normal was, but I think it did him good being back on stage.” He smiled.
“Yeah, I was thinking that before. I’m gonna go and see him.”

He nodded and I started walking away from the bus as he walking inside. I walked back to the venue and just as I was going to open the door it swang open showing Craig on the other side. As he saw me a small smile pulled at the corner of his lips. I smiled at him as he stepped out of the building.

“So how was the show?” I asked lightly.
“It was good, it was a little hard at the start.” He sighed. “I just felt like running off stage.” He admitted.

I nod my head and took his hand starting to walk over to the bus.

“Yeah I know. But you got through it fine.” I smiled at him.

He nod his head smiling lightly back at me. I turned my eyes back to the ground; I had to watch where I walk, as if walked on a stone on my sore foot it will hurt like hell.

We walked up to the bus and Craig let go of my hand. He walked to the side of the bus and sat down on the ground. He looked up at me in a way that kinda said ‘please stay with me’. I smiled lightly and sat down next to him.

“I just want to sit out here for a while.” He said looking at the ground.

I nod my head and leant back so my back was against the bus. Craig did too and I moved my legs of in front of me. Craig reached out and took my hand. I looked over at him and he smiled. I smiled back before we both looked up at the clear star lit sky.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have past chapter 20 written, so you know what to do. :3
Comment and make me smile?
(sorry for the long wait :x)