‹ Prequel: Angels and Kings

The Gotcha Girls and the Handsome Devils

Sunsets And Cliffside Weddings

(Nonnie’s POV)

I’ve never been more honored than when Callie told me she was going to name my niece after me. It was really the sweetest thing ever. I slipped my hand into Pete’s as we walked down the moonlit beach. We had spent the whole day sight seeing until Callie said she was too tired to keep going. Then Pete and I went out to dinner. After we ate neither of us was ready to turn in so we changed into some sweatpants and t-shirts and started walking down the private beach that the resort owned. The sun was just starting to go down and the waves were crashing loudly against the beach.

Over the past two years his insomnia has rubbed off on me. Most nights we just sit up and talk. One thing I do know is that I was right on that plane to LA. We aren’t perfect. I mean we fight over the stupidest things, but we never go to bed angry. Pete is very adamant about that and that alone makes me smile.

“What are you smiling at?”

“I was just thinking about how I was graduating early. I mean Pete we are talking about the habitual screw up here,” I said pointing to myself.

“Who?” He asked.
“Me, I mean not too long ago I was dropping out.”

“You were just in a bad place then and you have never been an habitual screw up.” I smiled up at him. I seriously can’t believe I ever thought I could live without him. He pulled me close and put his arm around me. We started walking back toward our room, as the sun seemed to touch the water. As we got closer I started to hear music. I smiled as I recognized the tune it was Speechless by The Veronicas.

“Peter Lewis Kingston III what are you up to?” I asked as he stopped and kneeled down in front of me. My breath caught.

“Nonnie Lynn McCoy, I love you and I was wondering if you would spend the rest of your life with me.” he pulled out a small black box and flipped the top back to reveal a platinum diamond ring.

“Yes, yes…Pete yes,” I said tackling him into the sand.

“She said yes,” he screamed. I got off of him and stood up. My mother, Father, Aunt Dee Dee, Callie, Travis, his parents and his brother’s and sisters, Matt, Eric, Disashi, Patrick, Joe, and Andy all came walking from the patio doors of our room. I smiled at them all. “So how’s your schedule tomorrow?” He asked me. My eyes got wide.

“Pete I don’t have a dress…”

“I kinda already picked one out for you,” Callie said.

“Oh really?” she just nodded. “But nothing is planned.”

“Well I may have made a few plans,” My mother said. “With the help of your Aunt Dee Dee.”

“Well I guess I’m getting married tomorrow,” I said jumping into Pete’s arms. He captured my lips and we stayed that way for I don’t know how long, but when we parted everyone was gone and he had carried me back to our room.

*********************************************************************

I woke up the next morning alone in my bed with Callie standing over me pregnant belly and all.

“What are you doing here?” I asked turning away and trying to close my eyes against the bright sunlight shining through the window.

“You’re getting married,” she said in a sing song voice. A smile creased my lips, but I kept my eyes closed.

“But isn’t that going on later?” I said, still not ready to wake up.

“We have to go to the spa, Pete said so,” she pulled the covers off of me. I crawled into a ball trying to save that last of the warmth from the blankets. “Come on,” she said pulling my arm. I did as I was told, I mean its not like she was going to give up anyway. You would think with her being pregnant she would be tired all the time, she wasn’t. I mean yeah after a full day she conked out, but early in the morning like now, she’s a huge ball of energy to be reckoned with.

“Okay, okay, I’m getting up.” she smiled at her accomplish meant as I walked around the room gathering my clothes to change into after my quick shower. When I was done in the shower I came out and she had ordered us both breakfast and our mothers had joined her.

“My baby’s getting married.” My mother said as tears glistened her eyes.

“Please mommy don’t cry, at least not yet I mean I haven’t even tried on the dress yet.” I said giving her a hug.

“Now listen about the wedding night,” my eyes bugged.

“You are kidding right,”

“You will be a virgin till the day you die as far as I’m concerned.” She said making Aunt Dee Dee and Callie laugh. “Honestly baby girl I’m just happy you made it this far without getting pregnant, but I want grand babies so put it on him…”

“Mom!!!” this just caused more laughing from Callie and Aunt Dee Dee. I could feel my cheeks burning.

“Mona stop teasing the girl,” Aunt Dee Dee said. “We don’t have time for that, we have a day at the spa which will end around 10:30 am, then we go and start getting ready for the wedding at 1:00 you will be walking down that isle. Dale wanted to come with us, but she’s going to instead try and keep your future husband from tearing this resort apart.” I smiled at that, they had learned the hard way about Pete’s destructive tendencies. We had gone on a family vacation to chicago so that our families could meet each other and Pete got a little carried away with a golf cub and an old chandlier that his mother was throwing away. I will admit that I joined in the fun, against my mother’s wishes, but every since then they are always on the look out.

After our massages and mani-pedi treatments we returned to our room. I realized that I was about to get married. I mean, commiting myself to spending the rest of my life with someone. I started taking deep breaths.

“Nonnie?” Callie said looking at me worried.

“Yeah Cal?”

“Calm down.”

“Okay Cal,” she gave a small laugh.

“You’re marrying the man of your dreams, in a beautiful dress that I picked out myself. Your family is here, and you are going to be happy for the rest of your life with Pete,” hearing his name is what did it, I was instantly calm. I mean we were basically already married, why not go ahead and sign the papers.

***************************************************************************

“You may kiss the bride,” the judge said. He had been the only one available on such short notice apparently that was the only thing my mother hadn’t already planned. I was happy that Callie had chosen a simple white linen dress with a flowing skirt. It was simple and I loved it. I was surprised when I saw Pete wearing black linen pants and a simple black linen shirt. We wanted everyone to be comfortable so mostly people were in jeans. My father was able to give me away and I saw that everyone was crying as he handed me over to Pete. They all knew how much that meant to me that my father was there to give me away. Pete had written his own vows and I had recited some lyrics from our song.

He pulled me against his body and brushed his lips across mine trying to do a church appropriate kiss, but we were standing on a cliff that over looked a beach. So I grabbed the back of his neck and pulled him back for a real kiss, I felt him smile against my lips.

“I now present to you Pete and Nonnie Lynn Wentz,” I smiled as our families all stood and cheered for us. Then we they started making their rounds, coming up to us and giving us their blessing.

“It’s about damn time.” Patrick said. I smiled remembering how against the two of us dating he was when we were on tour that is until everyone knew. Then he was the main one waiting for us to get back together. Well him and Callie.

“Tricky you slay me,” I said giving him a hug.

“You better treat her right Wentz or you’ll have me to answer to.”

“And me,” Travis said walking up. I smiled up at my older brother. I had contemplated getting him to give me away, but decided instead to have a brother sister dance especially for him, sorta like the father daughter dance at a wedding, but with my brother.

“Let’s get this party started with, you two dancing.” Andy said. I smiled over at him and he winked at me. Pete and I made our way to the dance floor. I’m not sure how many people can say they had a dance floor built on the side of a cliff, but we can. I heard the music start playing I was surprised when Speechless didn’t start instead Suffocate by J. Holiday started play.

“I may leave you speechless, but you take my breath away,” I smiled at the cheesy line and kissed him. I heard some hoots and wolf calls from the audience. I swear I heard my mother say she would have a grand child and nine months flat. I just laughed and held on tighter.

As the party started to wind down I took a deep breath of fresh air and looked out over the water. I was Mrs. Peter Lewis Kingston III and I couldn’t have been happier.

“Congratulations,” I turned to see Dale Wentz, with a huge smile on her face. “You call me if he starts to act up you hear me?” I smiled and hugged her. She and I had become close friends. In fact his whole family had turned out to be some of the nicest people on earth.

“Mom, you’re supposed to be on my side,” Pete said walking up behind me and wrapping his arms around me. She winked at me.

“Yeah of course son,” I smiled. “We have a plane to catch so we better get going," and that’s what everyone did, the small crowd got thinner and thinner by the minute until it was just me and Pete standing on the cliff watching the sun set.

“So Mrs. Wentz. Did I keep my promise?”

“And then some,” I said turning and giving him a deep kiss. “Mr. Wentz.”