Nothing is Clear Right Now

Lumina's Call

Minnie wiped her soapy hands on her jeans. She ran to the ringing phone, desperate to make the noise stop.

”Hello?” she answered. Placing the phone between her ear and shoulder, she walked back to the sink to finish the dishes.

“Hello, is this Minnie?” the voice on the other side of the call asked.

“Yes it is; may I ask whose calling?” she asked politely. Minnie turned the taps on and washed the soap off her hands and cleaned the sink.

” Minnie! It’s Lumina!” the girl’s voice laughed. Minnie walked over her couch and took a seat.

“Lu? No kidding! You sound so much older!” she laughed along with her cousin. Lumina and Minnie were only a year apart. They hadn’t seen each other in nearly four years.

”Well I am eighteen now,” she giggled. ”Anyway, I know it’s long time no see, but I have some news!”

“Oh really? And what’s this big news?” Minnie asked.

”I’m getting married!” Lumina shouted. The wedding wasn’t for two months, but Lumina wanted Minnie to come stay with her and their grandmother Romana. Minnie didn’t hesitate to accept. She had lost her job the week before and job hunting wasn’t going to well. Might as well sell her apartment and move to the valley.

“Okay, I’ll see you in three days Lu! Love you,” Minnie smiled before hanging up. It was going to be a long night of packing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments and subscribers?