Nothing is Clear Right Now

Stealing Marlin

After a four hour train ride, Minnie made it to Mineral Town, where she and Lumina had both been born. She then had to get a carriage ride, or walk to The Valley. After riding a train for that long, Minnie chose to walk. She could then also soak up to the beautiful scenery that she had moved away from when she was ten.

It was only an hour long walk, and she didn’t have too much luggage; just two suitcases and a shoulder bag that never left her shoulder. Minnie was tired when she finally walked up the last hill to see the top of Vesta’s farm. I loud sigh escaped her small mouth and she hastily walked down the hill. Minnie admired the rows of corn and noticed Marlin was working out in the field with Vesta and a girl that Minnie didn’t recognize.

“Vesta!” she called out, rushing over to the field.

“My word, Lumina wasn’t kidding! You’re back, Vesta laughed, her voice ringing in the world around her. The big woman’s arms crushed Minnie is a hug. Minnie pulled back, overlooking Vesta.

“You look the same as you did the day I moved!” Minnie laughed, holding back happy tears. She noticed Marlin walk up behind Vesta. “Marlin!” Minnie cried, running to her old friend.
He embraced her and Minnie smiled. She pulled away after a second and looked him up. He was sixteen last time she had saw him, but time had only made him more attractive. Minnie remembered having a slight crush on him when she was younger. She quickly turned to the other girl and smiled.

“You’re new. Well I guess I am since I don’t know you. My name is Minnie, I’m Lumina’s cousin.” She smiled. The girl smiled back and Marlin introduced her as Celia. “Vesta, you wouldn’t mind too much if I stole Marlin away for a little bit to walk to the Villa? It’s been so long since I was last here, I don’t know if I remember my way.” She laughed softly. Vesta agreed and told her it was nothing.

Picking up her luggage, only to have Marlin take both suitcases out of her hands, Minnie smiled. Maybe coming home would be an adventure.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe!