It All Started When I Snuck Into the School...

Ch. 7

Well, it turns out I didn't need my ears cleaned after all. I heard Lucas loud and clear and I'll admit, I'm less than thrilled.

Spencer sighs heavily. "For the rest of her days?" Spencer confirms in a strained voice like he was just punched in the stomach. I almost laugh at how unhappy he sounds. But then again, I'm currently not in a situation that I can laugh at. A damn vampire just told me that he plans on keeping me... forever.

Lucas narrows his eyes at his son. "Yes, is there a problem with that?" Lucas presses.

I turn to glare at Spencer too. "Yeah, is there?" I reinforce, getting up in his face. Best make this situation as fun as humanely possible.

Before I can register it, Spencer's palm slaps me straight across the face and he pushes me away from him. Lucas is up in a flash, grasping his son's wrist.

"Don't you dare damage the goods!" Lucas reprimands his son.

I rub at my cheek, watching the two of them.

"I'll do a lot more than damage her if you keep the little bitch around forever," Spencer mumbles, twisting his wrist out of his father's grip. Lucas slaps Spencer upside the head and points a warning finger at him before turning to me.

"Excuse my son's lack of manners," Lucas says chivalrously. "He's been quite stressed lately."

"He needs to get laid," I offer. Spencer's fists clench at his sides.

Lucas laughs delightedly. "Oh, you'll be so much fun, I can tell." He turns toward Spencer. "Go get her ready for the ball. Forget the hair dye for now, there's no time. Put her in that... black dress I like so much. It'll cover those tattoos."

Spencer doesn't look to happy at the fact that he has to spend more time with me. At least that's one plus sign of being here, I get to annoy the living shit out of Spencer.

Spencer grabs my arm. His grip is bruiseworthy and I bet it's on purpose. He drags me from the room, mumbling a quick goodbye to his father. Lucas waves cheerfully at me, when I turn to look back at him. Dare I say it, I think I've made a friend.

But, they're all still filthy bloodsuckers and must be destroyed.

"I can walk perfectly fine, ya know," I inform Spencer.

"Bitch, don't test me," he shoots back. "If I want to drag your ass around, I'll sure as hell do it."

~*Spencer*~

The little human bitch is going to drive me up the wall, I'm sure of it. If she doesn't kill me with her excessive talking, then I'll definitely kill her... or myself. I can't believe my father wants to keep her!

"At least slow down," she complains as her pathetic little legs try to keep up with my longer ones.

"Shut up," I growl, speeding up just to spite her.

"You kinda like me, don't you?" She says smugly.

I stop abruptly, dropping her wrist. She crashes to the floor and let's out a string of curses.

"Did I hit a nerve?" She jeers, rubbing her backside as she stands up.

"No," I mutter. And, she didn't. Did she? I mean, she's not ugly. In fact, in that slutty outfit, she looks pretty good. Oh, who am I kidding! Just 'cause her body's not completely repulsive, doesn't mean I feel shit towards her. She's only a human! Useless. Disposable. Only good for blood and se...-

"What are you looking at?" She snaps her fingers in front of my face. I slap her hand away and continue walking down the hallway. She follows behind, taking quicker steps to catch up. "You can look, I guess. But, touching's gonna cost ya," she teases.

I whirl around on her and grab her neck in my hand, pressing her up against the wall. "You will not speak," I hiss at her. "You will not taunt me. You have no rights here. If I have to, I will beat you within an inch of your life and then bleed you dry. Don't. Test. Me."

She looks scared enough.

Good.

~*Karma*~

I follow quietly behind Spencer now that he finally grew some balls and started acting like a man. It's not that I'm necessarily scared of him, it's just that I don't doubt that he'll make good on his threat.

"You're lucky my dad likes you so much," Spencer says over his shoulder.

I nearly ask 'why', when I see the smirk on Spencer's face. In my mind, I smack myself on the forehead. Of course! He wants me to talk so he can beat me up. How stupid does he think I am?

When I don't answer, his smirk slowly fades to a frown. But then, he smiles widely at me.

"Not such a smart ass now, are you?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, guys! Long time, no see...
Sorry I couldn't do the last chapter, but I hope you like this one :D
So, we'd really love some comments!!!